Pebbles is sneezing again.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pet_Bunny wrote:
JimD wrote:
Keeping you and Pebbles in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Jim. Her nose is so congested right now. Wish I could give her medicine sooner or more often. I misted some peppermint in the air to help withher breathing. I may have to set up a steamer with some vicks vapour rub.

I remember someone saying take the bunny into the shower room to ease up the congestion.
Hey PB.:wave:How exactly did you use the peppermint? Do you have to dilute it at all? Just I have bought some peppermint extract for Ruby and was wondering how you used it, as both Pebbles and Ruby are suffering with their sneezing.:(Thank you!:)

I hope Peebles is doing better. I haven't heard Goobie sneeze in the past few days. She hates taking the medicine. I started giving it to her in a small piece of banana. She will eat it.

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Hey PB.:wave:How exactly did you use the peppermint? Do you have to dilute it at all?
The peppermint I have is peppermint oil. It is very concentrated, I just need totouchit with the tip of a toothpick to favor my tea. If sprayed on the skin, it has a cooling effect (good for sunburn relief). It eliminates odor as it freshens up the room, and as I found out it clears my sinus and helps Pebbles plugged up nose.

I don't know what strength your extract is, but I wouldn't dilute it, as mine is very strong.
Peppermint is peppermint, so give it a try and let me know.

5xot1kn.jpg

10 ml mister

pla725 wrote:
I haven't heard Goobie sneeze in the past few days. She hates taking the medicine. I started giving it to her in a small piece of banana. She will eat it.
Pebbles sneezedrapidly 5 times the day Bebe arrived, and have been fine since then. She is getting better and her breathing is less labored.

How much Baytril do you give Goobie? WhenPebbles had it, she was taking 0.5 ml 2X a day.

I forgot to mention that I have three buns that sneeze fairly often. Two of them, Barney and Nibbles seem to sneeze when I change litter, probably from the dust kicked up, and Rudy who sneezes to get attention, as soon as I talk to him or start to pet him the sneezing stops.:)

I do hope Pebbles is doing better.

Goobie is taking 1 ccof Baytril 2x a day. I forgot I had some in the refrig that I didn'teven get a chance to give Tangie (Tangie died). I've been alternating that one with the one I got from my vet. The one I had is banana flavored, the new is mixed with pineapple juice.Goobie resists taking the medicine so I've tried giving it in a small piece of banana in the morning. The other time I give it with the syringe.

Bumping this - PB made mention in another threadthat his internet isn't working well and his little Pebbles is still sneezing badly.

Remember to keep her in your thoughts and prayers as we wait to hear of her next vet appointment results.

:bump

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Bumping this - PB made mention in another threadthat his internet isn't working well and his little Pebbles is still sneezing badly.

Remember to keep her in your thoughts and prayers as we wait to hear of her next vet appointment results.

:bump

Thanks Bo B Bunny for the heads up! I had no idea:(.

Oh darn. I thought she was better:?.

Stan? I see you're logged in, how is our Pebbles? When do you go to the vet? Maybe she needs to get a much stronger antibiotic to knock this out.

Thanks for the heads up. :expressionless

I get so nervous when Pebbles isn't her perfect little self. :nerves1

Can't imagine how poor Pet_Bunny feels. :)hug1 Stan!)

Hope she's feeling better very soon, and they get to the bottom of the problem.

:sickbunny:

sas :pray:

Sorry to hear Peebles isn't doing well. At one of our adoption events last week one of our rescue rabbits was sneezing. A couple of us took a closer look at her and could see the that poor bunny had some discharge from her nose. The vetprescribed Trimeth-Sulfa (Bactrim). She said she had good results from this drug.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
PB made mention in another threadthat his internet isn't working well and his little Pebbles is still sneezing badly.
I'm having so much problemson the internettrying refresh each page because it goes blank on me.

Pebbles was on Chlor Palm for 21 days and she stopped sneezing as soon as she started the medication. But last Friday, I noticed a sneeze, and she started sneezing everyday since then. Yesterday there waswhite snot coming out of her nose, and today I stopped giving her medicine as it doesn't seem effective anymore.

Other than that, Pebbles is fine. She eats very well, except for her hay. She lost some weight but is stable. Her poops are average and she pees fine (including her once a day pee on the cage floor). She runs fast when I let her outside in the yard. And she is finewith Bebe even though they haven't been together.

So Pebbles is set to see the vet on Thursday.

Oh dear. I'm sorry Stan. I hope you have good luck at the vet.

Wonder if Randy has a minute before then to comment on his thoughts...:embarrassed:.

A stonger, different kind of antibiotic? An ingredient not used in Baytril or the others you've used?

Stan, I wonder if she has allergies? I really do. Bo did that when he was around alfalfa hay.

Pebbles pees on the bottom of her cage?! That shocks me! She's seems like she is always the perfect little doll.

I guess we all have our vices.... peeing once a day on a cage floor isn't such a bad one thinking of the alternatives...... :?

Oh no - I was hoping no news was good news :(.

I will be thinking of you on Thursday and hope the vet can come up with a solution. BBB, I was suprised at Pebbles peeing on the cage floor - I think Stan is making it up so no one bunny naps her ;).

Hugs to Pebbles - and Bebe.

Jan

Latest posts

Back