Pebbles is sneezing again.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ra7751 wrote:
As far as housing sneezing rabbits with other....yes we do.

Many thanks for your reply and valuable information. I really appreciate your help.
There is a chance that Pebbles can still have a bunny friend to live with.

This afternoon, Dr. Julie King called me up, to find how Pebbles was doing.I was pleasantly surprised that she phoned me. Dr. Kingwant to know howPebbles was taking her medicine, and if she was still sneezing. I told her Pebbles was getting better, and had no problems taking Baytril orally. The doctor did say if Pebbles was still sneezing, she would have to continue the medication, or start injections on a long term. We just have to see if Pebbles continues to sneeze or not.

During our talk, I did mention this forum to her, and gave Dr. King this link by email.

It's Day 12 of 14 days of Baytril, and they did not give meenoughmedicine. :shock:

Yesterday poor Pebbles had a messypoopy butt, and was sneezing frequently. It was not a good day for her.:(
I called the clinic,Dr. King wasnotin and I can't get hold of her, and my regular vet, Dr. Goble is away for a week. :tears2:
They are bookedthrough Wednesday before they can see Pebbles.

Looks like I am taking Pebbles to another clinic and another Doctor.

I'm so sorry that Pebbles in unwell :?, I always think that the long time forum bunnies are somhow invincible but I guess they aren't.

At least Pebbles has a good family to take care of her :).

I wish you all the luck in the world Stan, please let us know how she is.

Hi one of my bunnies had really bad sneezes too, Igot in touch with Randy to get his help and we took his advice on the zithromax the difference is amazing and i would really reccomend it. Dennis was really snotty and sneezy and we were initially told it was because he is a netherland (like your gorgeous Pebbles) and they have very flat faces, obviously this was wrong when one day he had blood in snot it was horrible we had fought it since then but nothing worked till getting the zithromax:)

I thought it wasn't a good idea to give Baytril orally cause it can interrupt the gut any time we have had it from our vet we have had to inject it. but thats just what i was told

I hope poor Pebbles is feeling better soon:)

Pebbles is calmer.I haven't noticed hersneezing today but I have no more medicine for her. She has a raspy grunting sound when she eats, as if her nose is plugged up. Her nose is moist and there is no discharge when she sneezed.

She is eating fine and her poops are good. The messy poopy buttwas from too much pellets I gave her the night before, (I was trying tokeep her weight up). I cut back on the pellets, and no more mushy poos.

I have an appointment set up to seea new Vet (Dr. Steel). I will take Pebbles in tomorrow at 2:30 pm.
Dr. Steel is the vet that looks after Cocoa (a bunny friend of ours). I already asked them about Zithromax.

I have been giving Pebbles 0.5 ML Baytril by mouth twice a day and 1/4 TSP Fastrack sprinkled on food daily to keep her gut in balance.
If Randy sees this, whatis a normal dosage of Zithromax?How is it administered and for how long?

Randy will give you specifics but the dose depends on bunny weight, and it is given orally as a suspension, be careful though the first time my vet gave us it he mixed it all up but the suspension only lasts 5 days so make sure you get it as a powder and mix it yourself

:pray:

Oh, poor Pebbles :(. I have been watching this post, and hoping that the meds were helping her. I will be praying that the vet outcome today is good!

(btw - Great pics at the vets. Pebbles is such a sweetheart, and so well behaved, not peeing on the vet this time :))

Jan

Come on Girl!

Prayers.jpg

:( So many sneezing buns... fingers and paws crossed for sweet Pebbles!

Haley wrote:
How did the appt go with the new vet?
Very well. The last two days, Pebbles hardly sneezed, but would try to blow her nose with sharp exhales.However there is a nasaldischarge.

After discussing with Doctor Steel, we would switch from Baytril to Chlor Palm (Chloramphenicol Palmitate Oral Suspension).
Pebbles will be syringed 0.74 mls 2X daily for 2 weeks. After that, we will see how Pebbles progresses.

Dr. Steel's opinionabout Zithromax,it can be used after a culture test andif aggressive treatment is needed.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Dr. Steel's opinionabout Zithromax,it can be used after a culture test andif aggressive treatment is needed.

I get nasty sinus infections from time to time, and my Dr always prescribes Zithromax....the "Z' pack he calls it.
Knocks the heck out of the infection in short time!

Keeping you and Pebbles in our thoughts and prayers.

~Jim

Doctor just put my boyfriend on that for a nasty cough he has. He got better really fast, his cough is easing up. It seems to be some pretty potant stuff.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I know you don't feed hay, but hay cubes right? are they alfalfa? Bo is allergic to it.
I feed Pebbles hay, but she is picky about it. The only time she will eat it is when there is nothing else to eat.

I have Timothy hay, Alfalfa hay, tim. hay cubes, alfalfa hay cubes, and hay from MBB when she had Spice and Reese over at our place.
Pebbles has so many varieties of hay, but she is spoiled and a diva.

JimD wrote:
Thanks Jim. Her nose is so congested right now. Wish I could give her medicine sooner or more often. I misted some peppermint in the air to help withher breathing. I may have to set up a steamer with some vicks vapour rub.

I remember someone saying take the bunny into the shower room to ease up the congestion.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
JimD wrote:
Thanks Jim. Her nose is so congested right now. Wish I could give her medicine sooner or more often. I misted some peppermint in the air to help withher breathing. I may have to set up a steamer with some vicks vapour rub.

I remember someone saying take the bunny into the shower room to ease up the congestion.

Yep, that would be Haley when she had so many problems with Max' breathing.

Put her in the bathroom when someone takes a shower, will help with this.;)

Come on Pebbles, honey. Get better! Prayers.:pray:

Back