NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cage floor done! :dancingorig: As you can see, I have not done the top floor yet because I need to go get something to lay beneath the tiles so the tiles stick. I dont want to just center the tiles because there is still some room for her to get her leg caught and I dont want that. Ill take more pictures when everything is finished. :woohoo

Cagefloordone001.jpg

Cagefloordone002.jpg

Cagefloordone003.jpg

Not bad for my first cage huh? LoL. Im am FINALLY finished with the whole cage.:yes: Its all ready for my girls to be in tomorrow night. I love it and am so glad I did it. I still want to get them beds and a hay feeder though.

CageFinished005.jpg

CageFinished001.jpg

CageFinished003.jpg

CageFinished004.jpg

CageFinished002.jpg

Very nice job you did.

I have a question about your litter, is it Cedar shavings? If so they are not the best to use for bunnies.

Susan:bambiandthumper

I just thought I'd pass this along for you to read.

Important Note On Litter Safety:
http://www.trifl.org/cedar.shtml

Although wood chips may provide a natural means of insect and odor control, "natural" does not always mean safe. These same chemicals can also damage the respiratory tract, causing chronic respiratory disease, and asthma, and some studies have found an association between exposure to some wood dusts and oral cancers. The scientific literature on this topic is extremely clear, and unlike many studies of toxins, most of the scientific evidence regarding wood dust exposure has been conducted in humans rather than in laboratory animals since so many people work in the production of wood products. The summary of the biomedical literature that follows primarily describes the effect of chronic cedar- and pine-wood exposure on humans. Keep in mind that the effect on small mammals is likely to be even more pronounced, especially if they are in close, continual contact with wood chips. Humans also have a relatively poor sense of smell compared with other mammals. Thus, a nasal or respiratory irritant is much more likely to harm small mammals, which rely on smell for locating food and identifying and interacting with other animals

Oh yes, Red Cedar is very very bad for rabbits, you may see no effect now but if you continue using it it will affect your rabbits in the future - read what Susan posted. If you want to use shavings use Aspen or Kiln dried Pine, or a wood based cat litter also works well. You should stop using Red Cedar.

Very nice cage. :)

Red cedar is the worst because it smells even stronger. Pet stores still sell it because they are pretty ignorant when it comes to that. You should really consider changing that.:)

What did you end up using underneath the tiles on the second level? I've been thinking of doing a remodel but I ran into the same issue the first time around so I would like to solve that before I start.

Thanks,

Joy

There's a lot of stuff out there that is marketed for rabbits that is actually very bad for them. You should try to get some Woody Pet. It's the least expensive and most effective. If you can't get a hold of any in your area (I can't), then try Feline Pine or Yesterday's News. I use Feline Pine and it works wonders at reducing the smell. It really works very well. :) I'm going to try Yesterday's News after my Feline Pine is out to compare and decide which I like best. I tried Feline Pine first cuz it was on sale. :biggrin2:

t.

PixieMillyMommy wrote:
Its Alphapet Cedar Shavings and its meant for rabbits.

Latest posts

Back