NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aurora369 wrote:
May I suggest trying to find some L-brackets to support your shelves? I use them and love them so much. They support the shelf from underneath and you don't have to run extra panels underneath and take up bunny play area. And the shelves will be rock solid!
I'm on it :biggrin2:I was planning on doing that but the store was out of them so I just did that until the new shipment comes in. *sigh* since it's alaska shipping usually takes an extra week or so though:grumpy:

Wow. Aswome cage! I had to remodel mine too because it was n the ground and my parents could hear them all through the night. So I have a different desighn now. I will post a pic as soon as I can. Love it!:brownbunny

Here is their new cage. My parents don't hear them all through the night anymore lol.

Picture.jpg

Hi Tamnjo,

Your cage looks good but can i make a couple of suggestions. If I were you I'd use more cable ties just to make sure the cage doesn't fall apart when they are jumping from level to level. I know someone on here had their cage fall on the bunnies. Also if I were you I'd try to make sure the grids are covered so when the bunnies jump their little legs don't get caught in the holes.

I bet they love all the room now they have.

Susan:apollo:

SOOOSKA wrote:
Also if I were you I'd try to make sure the grids are covered so when the bunnies jump their little legs don't get caught in the holes.
Peg board works well for this. If you buy it at Home Depot they will even cut it to size for you. They also carry those cheap stick on tiles (like .99 each) that work great for cleanup. You can put them on the grid directly or stick them on the pegboard.

PixieMillyMommy wrote:
Had to redo my girls's cage until Pixie is spayed since they werent getting along to well. Im glad it still looks ok though. :)

MillyNPixie021.jpg

Hey PMM, cage looks great!

One thing though, I know your bunnies are young and unaltered right now. If I were you, I would put a solid divider in there (like a piece of wood or coroplast or something). Im so afraid one of yours will end up being a boy and they'll be able to mate through the bars. Its so hard to tell the sex when theyre young...

Going to Target tomorrow to buy my NIC cage supplies. I was wondering though, how many grids do you think I'd need to build a 4x5.5 feet with 3 separate areas? Would that be enough for 3 bunnies? I'd like to keep them separated yet together while they all heal from their neutering/spaying experiences. It'll be my first one so I'm sticking to one story only. And also, how many cable ties do you think I'll need if I was to go overboard with them? I don't want to end up buying too little but wouldn't mind buying too much.

These cages are great. I have never built one myself but it looks like it would be fun to try. I did want to agree with the person who said to reinforce the cages, make sure they are connected tight. My mom bought some of the shelf last year and asked me to move it, it fell and caused me to break 3 toes. I think it would kill a rabbit if it fell on them. Just wanted to get that out there, to make sure they are super secure and can not fall.

Hey! Nice looking cages everyone! Im jealous....i don't have enough NIC's to build a cage for my rabbits, non the less, no where to put one!

Kellyjade, I LOVE Sophie's cage! It's So pretty in all that pink. I wish I had lots of pink NICs because I could build a cage for my Polish Doe, Savannah, who thinks shes the queen of our rabbitry! lol.

okiron wrote:
Going to Target tomorrow to buy my NIC cage supplies. I was wondering though, how many grids do you think I'd need to build a 4x5.5 feet with 3 separate areas? Would that be enough for 3 bunnies? I'd like to keep them separated yet together while they all heal from their neutering/spaying experiences. It'll be my first one so I'm sticking to one story only. And also, how many cable ties do you think I'll need if I was to go overboard with them? I don't want to end up buying too little but wouldn't mind buying too much.

:)there is no a way to build 5.5 feet because each grid is 12inches= 1 foot so it would have to be 4x6 feet. so 4 grids going depth and 6 grids going width. or vice versa. if you want to separate three buns you should really make it bigger, because it seems that the buns wont have enough space. also with the cable ties you would need a lot just buy a whole container of assorted sizes for like $5, because trust me you are going to need alot!

Is there any particular reason for making it 4x 5.5? Most grids are 14inchs, so if you were to make it 4grids x 5grids it would be over 4.6ft x 5.8ft. I would just go for 4 grids x 6 grids. Then you can have a 2 x 4 for each bunny.

Good luck with the cage and bonding! :biggrin2:

ani-lover - That's all the space I have for the next couple weeks. It'll get bigger once I move but for now, they'll have to live in semi-tight quarters. It's only till they recover from surgery and while I'm at work so it's actually not too bad considering.

Spring - The reason I picked 4x5.5 is because with my current room setup, that's how much room I have for the buns. (But I'm moving soon so it wont stay small for long).

Both of you gave me different sized grids so I guess I'll get about 40-50 grids just to be on the safe side.

i think 4x6 would be good. so it would be 2x4 for each one. the sizes seem quite odd. i have a box with 12 inch NIC and a box with 14 inch NIC. it should say on the box though.

good luck!:bunnydance:im sure the buns will like it!

So as some of you know Fluffy's been staying in his hoilday crate because the vet didn't want him jumping in the NIC condo for awhile. Well its been a while and I'm rebuilding his condo.... except its going to be one floor. 3 x 3 cube sq footage. I'm totally stealing Dawn's bottom for it too :D I can't wait until its finished what he has now is disgusting. The carpet is dead. I can't wait to have linoluim.:biggrin2:

Well they turned out to be 14.5 inches each, so with the room I have at the moment it became a 3x5 (grids) with 2 different enclosers. (My third bun never got a hold of me so I only made 2 pens) $12 for 23 of them so I bought 2 boxes.

It's pretty good for my very first NIC cage if I do say so myself. Can't wait to finally move so I could make them a even bigger one.

Edit : Oooo Nilla is furious to not be able to get anywhere near Lumi. He's thumping away with disapproval hehe. Sorry Nilla, she's still recovering from surgery and you keep trying to hump her. Not gonna work sweety.

Trios cage. Looks small but Dallas and Connor are 3lbs and Teresa is 2lbs. Tiny buns. Its funny. Dallas is round and looks bigger but Connor is more firm, longer and lean.

100_9718.jpg

100_9680.jpg

Wyatts cage... the last pic is Connors old cage but same styles as Wyatts. Just gives another veiw.

100_9192.jpg

100_9193.jpg

100_6893.jpg

JadeIcing wrote:
Trios cage. Looks small but Dallas and Connor are 3lbs and Teresa is 2lbs. Tiny buns. Its funny. Dallas is round and looks bigger but Connor is more firm, longer and lean.

100_9718.jpg

100_9680.jpg
Ha this is what Belles cage looks like, i have the guinea pigs on top of her cage too, lol i thought i was the only crazy one that did that. Where did you get the piggies cubes at, i would have really like to use them instead of the ones i have, i have coroplast going up the side and they cant see out.

Latest posts

Back