NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. This is my first post!I got mine from someone who was getting rid of them... got them $17 canadian for 22 plus a bunch of connectors. The aswome thing about them is, you design it and they can fit in any space! Mine is not verygood, so when i get home, i am gonna start a new one. I have an old shower curtain on the bottem with some newspaper on top. It works....

So here is a pic of the cage i just finished building. I think im gonna build a better one in a week or so. But i need some *insperation*

Picture002.jpg

You have a suggestions for me? I need a design. I don't really it horizontal. I prefer vertical as much as possible. Thanks so much!

Oh, excellent cage!

I find my guys like having it horizontal so they have room to run. How often are your bunnies in the cage? Do you have the room to extend it to maybe a1 x 4? There's no back grids on your cage right?

You could make it a 1 x4 and 3 high and have 4 grids left over for shelves. Or you could pick up another box and maybe even make a 2 x 4! I think your bunnies would love the extra room. Height is great, but my guys at least love to be able to hop around and stretch out in a cage with lots of space.

I understand sometimes space is an issue, butis there any way to extendit horizontally?
:biggrin2:

tamnjo wrote:
So here is a pic of the cage i just finished building. I think im gonna build a better one in a week or so. But i need some *insperation*

Picture002.jpg

You have a suggestions for me? I need a design. I don't really it horizontal. I prefer vertical as much as possible. Thanks so much!

It really should be a minimum of 3 grids horizontally so thet can more place to stretch. One grid to lie down on won't be enough and they love to lie down on one of the higher levels so they can see their surroundings more easily. You can take at least one grid off height wise. If you take 2 grids off in height and make the cage at least one more grid horizontally, you could put your hamster cage on top of the condo and maybe take the table away?

Thanks for the tips but i have already changed it. It's wayyyyyy better now, i like it more. But thanks anyways. I will post some pics of the new one when i get my camera back.

I was just at Target today, and in a corner of a shelf I found some NICs. It wasn't 23 grids, just 17 - but it was only $5!! I don't think I need them, but I snapped them up! Muahaha.

SOOOSKA wrote:
We NEED Targets up here in Canada.:dancingorig: They seem to have such great sales there.

Susan:apollo:

Well, this is the only time I've ever seen this, and there was only one. All the others were $15. They weren't on sale or anything.

SOOOSKA wrote:
We NEED Targets up here in Canada.:dancingorig: They seem to have such great sales there.

Susan:apollo:
Canadian Tire has them on sale for $10 for a 4 cube set. You might need to ask though. Some of the people there had trouble finding them but I got them in the end.:biggrin2:

Going to get my flooring today, but dont know where or what to get because my boyfriend said floor tiles are ok, but since we cant stick them to carpet, the pee will leak through the cracks of the tiles. I dont know what to do. :?

There are several different options for the flooring. If you happen to have a piece of wood that is big enough, you can get the stick on tiles and attach those on top of the wood. You can use a sheet of plastic, piece of linolouem.

Doing the wood and tile idea. Already got the tiles, but the tiles are smaller than the cubes on my second floor. How do I make this work and still look nice? :?

Tiles.jpg

Latest posts

Back