NIC Cages Only-Now Closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put some blankies in the NIC cage just to show Pixie because Im so excited even though it isnt finished. She sniffed everything and was so happy. I cant wait till its finished and she can be in there all the time. :biggrin2:

PixieInNewCageUnfinished001.jpg

PixieInNewCageUnfinished002.jpg

PixieInNewCageUnfinished003.jpg

PixieInNewCageUnfinished004.jpg

PixieInNewCageUnfinished005.jpg

Already getting comfortable. :biggrin2:

PixieLayingInNewCageUnfinished001.jpg

PixieLayingInNewCageUnfinished002.jpg

Great cage Pixie, but I totally agree with Haley, to have the door 2 panels. If you have to get her out in an emergency and she's in the corner, good luck getting her.

Susan:bunnydance:

PixieMillyMommy wrote:
Wow! I thought there were 14 pages. Now its back to 12. Hmmmmmm :rollseyes

There were. I went through and deleted blank posts from when the forum was down. Dont worry youre not going crazy :D

PMM, the door you have is the same as the one I had on Wildfire's old cage. I could actually climb in the cage through that door, here's proof:

I had no problem reaching all corners of the cage and extracting a bunny when needed. If the cage was any bigger, four panels long instead of three, I would need a bigger door to reach all parts of the cage easily.

--Dawn

Looking good! :biggrin2:

Do you have grids on the bottom of the cage? I was just wondering why? I'm not usre, but I'd be worried if she digs the blankets back then maybe catches a foot or nail on the grids.

Spring wrote:

Do you have grids on the bottom of the cage? I was just wondering why? I'm not usre, but I'd be worried if she digs the blankets back then maybe catches a foot or nail on the grids.
It does look really good, nice job! I agree with Spring, you really don't need those panels on the bottom at all. You could use those to make a longer second level if you wanted to;). I have those sticky tiles on my second level panels, works great and looks really nice.

Ok I told y'all I'd take pics so here is... Please keep in mind that yes it is narrow but my fiance is in a wheelchair and it wouldn't pass otherwise. They do get plenty of time outside the cage also. :)

The hallway is really narrow...

011.jpg

As you can see, I have split the condo in two. Don't worry about the lining, they do not chew it.

007.jpg

The litter box is way too big but Wiggles made her nest in the smaller one...

012.jpg

I got these two lil bowls at the dollar store and were so "Dahlia like"... She does have an extra water bowl in the cage beside the hay ;)

020.jpg

They all love their condo

025.jpg

Now if I could just get around to fixing the doors :p

I put grids down just for like a sturdy flooring under the blankets. The grids arent staying. They were simply layed in there.

Spring wrote:

Thank you for understanding that one door does just fine on my cage. :biggrin2:

aurora369 wrote:
PMM, the door you have is the same as the one I had on Wildfire's old cage. I could actually climb in the cage through that door, here's proof:

I had no problem reaching all corners of the cage and extracting a bunny when needed. If the cage was any bigger, four panels long instead of three, I would need a bigger door to reach all parts of the cage easily.

--Dawn

MsBinky wrote:
Ok I told y'all I'd take pics so here is... Please keep in mind that yes it is narrow but my fiance is in a wheelchair and it wouldn't pass otherwise. They do get plenty of time outside the cage also. :)

Great idea!! Thats what I love so much about these NIC condos, you can put them places where conventional cages wouldnt fit and you can build them in so many different ways to suit your space needs.

Great work (and I love the bowls) :D!

These pics were taken when Milly were still here. The cage is exactly the one as Hope lives in now just with different blankets etc.

HPIM1515b.jpg

HPIM1510b.jpg

I've just realised I've got the front panel and door open so I will have to take some with it closed.:? I could'nt get hold of any storage cubes so I made it out of 2 fire guards with a pet store cage attached.

I need to make my bunnies a NIC cage. I wish I had more room in my apartment though to make it really elaborate. Nices cages guys.

Haley wrote:
PixieMillyMommy wrote:
Thanks aurora369. My boyfriend wants to build something like a wooden tray to fit perfectly with the NIC cage.

Hey PMM, I posted this earlier in this thread but I'll go ahead and post it again (since I dont want to search through 15 pages lol). Heres the plans for the wood base our rescue uses. You can even attach wheels! Its awesome if your bf is handy. And you can put those cheap stick on tiles on the bottom so it cleans up nice!

Enclosure-1.jpg
Haley. THAT. IS. PERFECT.! I am going to put one of those under my NIC cage (when I get the NICs that is!) YAY Very cool!

MsBinky, what a lovely cage! I might have to redo mine to be more vertical so it'll take up less floor space and seeing yours makes it seem like mine has a possibility of not sucking! What did you use on the bottom, coroplast?

Latest posts

Back