New Litter - White Flemish Giants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must have a long waiting list for flemish by the way...

TinysMom wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:
This is NOT a blog my dear! Just charting the progress of this one litter! LOL! How much time do you think I really have in a day? (Don't answer that!)
You have the same amount of time as the rest of us....always an hour or two less than we need.....

:roflmao: I need another 4-5 hours a day! (Wasn't there a necklace in one of the Harry Potter books that allowed Hermione to move through time... or be in two places at one time? I NEED THAT!!!!)

Edited to add: Don't you get tired of seeing my photo's? AllBlue and Black Flemish? They all look the same as babies... soCute... but the same.

ME? Get tired of flemish giant photos? Of babies?

Maybe others...but never me....

Besides - it is so much fun to hassle you.

I never get tired of seeing pictures of bunnies! =) Bring um on! LOL The more the merrier LOL

I wanna see silver fox babies!!! Do they have awesome fur that stands up from the time they are wittle? LOL I want a silver fox!!!!!

Wow, thanks for sharing about all the little mishaps and the care you did. I am so ignorant about what I might need to do with my upcoming litter. You have gotten me so excited about them. I guess the bad thing with sandies is you can't really tell if they have been bruised. Is the bruising common?

I've seen minor bruising before, just not to this extent... not the whole litter! But I'm pleased (and relieved!) they are healing so well. They are all fat and sassy now. The one baby's foot still isn't perfect, but it seemsmuch better. He may have a small bump of scar tissue on his foot, but I doubt it will be visible when he gows up.

I've moved Hopi and the litter to a muchlarger cage space. I had her in a smaller cage with the nestbox because I wanted to make sure that when she kindled, she put the babies in the nestbox and not on the wire. As a first time mother, I was concerned about her. So I didn't give her a lot of space or any other choice but to put them in the box... it worked... just wish she had pulled fur earlier!

So now she has plenty of space! And where does she sit? On the 12" square top of the nestbox!!!! She has a shelf... she has plenty of space to stretch out... and she crams herself onto the top of the nestbox! Go figure!

I was just looking...is I-Hop considered a blue?

Hopi is a white... (Her great grandfather was Arizona, my very first white. He was a "heart" bunny... the white I'm holding in my avatar. All his descendants have "southwestern" names... Hopi is named after an Indian tribe. )

Funny you should spell it like that... My daughter had a blue Mini Rex named I-Hop.

Hey lady....nora told me you had babies so i had to come take a look....they are beautiful. Maybe a few should come to my house for a while...

DId she tell you magic is due again Dec. 3rd...not planned for, ace got her since cody left the cage open all night.....

Hmmm... and this is the girl we had "trouble" getting to breed? LOL! (Please let me know how Magic makes out!)

BlueGiants wrote:
Hopi is a white... (Her great grandfather was Arizona, my very first white. He was a "heart" bunny... the white I'm holding in my avatar. All his descendants have "southwestern" names... Hopi is named after an Indian tribe. )

Funny you should spell it like that... My daughter had a blue Mini Rex named I-Hop.

EEK...I am sorry...I should have asked this over on the baby thread,,...

I was looking at your page, at the rex..and I was not sure if it was blue of chin...

(sorry)

Either way..all your buns are beautiful!

(If it was Mini Rex, it was I-Hop... and he was a blue. WHAT a SWEET boy he was! He left us quite a legacy!)

hey cath, beautiful babies....I just may have to start in whites now...and I LOVE the blues..you know me....

Magic is having another litter too, due dec. 3rd. not a planned litter but when you have cody around who leaves the cages open all night what do you expect.....

They are lovely Cathy, whites always look worst when they are bruised don't they!! my bew nethies always have really bruised noses and sometimes the crown of their head too.

on average how many flemmies do you keep??

On average, I have around 20 Flemish... (divided between 3 colors) but that number has beenlower andhigher, based on babies, rescues, adoptions,etc.

Right now is prime breeding time for the big rabbits. The temperatures are perfect for them, since they don't handle the heat of summer well. My girls seem to prefer temps of 45-60 Fdegrees. And lower doesn't bother them! It's a lot less stressful on them than during the summer. Andthe girls I kept that were born late last winter are being bred for the first time. So it seems like I have a lot right now, but I am very lucky to have homes for the ones I decide to part with. :biggrin2:

Such cute pictures!
How many kits do your Flemish Giant does usualy wean?

Emily

We need more pictures to see how they're developing and if the bruises are gone, etc.

TinysMom wrote:
We need more pictures to see how they're developing and if the bruises are gone, etc.

Per your request:

They are a week old now. I can't see any bruising at all, and their ears have healed well. The one with the sore on the foot is all healed too. Their eyes are not open yet, but they are very active. They bounce all over the nest box like "Mexican Jumping Beans". Two of them were in a differnet part of the nest this morning. Based on their bellies, I'd say they missed breakfast this morning. But after I put them back in the nestbox, Hopi jumped right in and they got a quick meal.

1week-4.jpg

1week-3.jpg

1week-2.jpg

1week-1.jpg

To die for cuteness!

(Dougal is giving me the evil eye for looking...lol)

Glad to hear they healed up ok!!

Latest posts

Back