New Litter - White Flemish Giants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwwww cute baby bunnies! Make sure to tell first time mommy rabbit she is doing a good job taking care of her babies and she is a good mommy. It will build her confidence in raising her kits.

Hope the babies all make it.

Quick update: they are all fed this morning, and they are pretty clean! (Much better than last night!) Two of them still have pretty severe bruising around their hips and back legs, but they are moving the legs, kicking pretty strong, so I'm hoping they will heal. The one with the really badly bitten ear looks much better. They all looked "pinker" this morning... (Is "Pinker" a word?) Just a bit better than yesterday.

Will try to get more photo's this afternoon. (Road trip this morning to give someone a doe and swap for a new buck! YEAH!!!)

Awww congratulations! Glad they are feeding well.

Denise

They are so little! Are they in pain because of the bruising? Is it just because the mom is a 1st timer that things went this way?

I am glad to hear things are improving!!

Hope you had a nice trip! Who is the new boy?

I love flemish babies at like 2 months old. They are so cute! I can't wait to see pictures of them then! I had 11 fawn flemmies about 2 years ago. Watching them grow up was amazing. They seem to triple in size every week! lol

Good luck with them. :)

So Hopi decided that it's OK to have the babies now and she pulled a lot more fur...so much fur off her dewlap that she is down to bare skin! It looked raw this morning, so I cleaned it with vanodine and put a bit of Bag Balm on it to protect it.

But on the bright side, the babies look good. The ears are healing really well. Most of the bruising is going away. She is feeding them until they roll away from her! One still has a small scab on it's head (clean, no infection). And the really badly bruised baby still has a scab on it's back foot. (It was slightly infected, so that got soaked in vanodine this morning and cleaned too.)

Some photos:

Sleeping babes!
DSC00987.jpg

Full Belly:
DSC00986.jpg

You can see how well the ears are healing!
DSC00989.jpg

This was the most damaged ear! (Much better!)
DSC00984.jpg

You can see the baby all the way on the left side, his foot has a black scab and a bit of white fluid. I soaked it and it looks much better now.
DSC00979.jpg

Considering how badly injured this litter was, I am ecstatic over how good they look at 2 days of age. (This is the really badly bruisedbaby from the second photo I posted. See how well the ear and eye injuries are healing? I'm so happy!)
DSC00981.jpg

And I did get a new 8 month old White boy to diversify my gene pool. (That should make my girls VERY happy!) We have named him Ray-Ray (don't ask!) and he seems to be settling in well. Nothing wrong with that boy's appetite!

We presently have 4 other blue Flemish litters, 2 Mini Rex litter and 2 Silver Fox litters... None having any problems... and then we have thisone whitelitter.... they are going to be pretty special!

Do you have any Standard Rex litters looming in the future?

Lina and I are ooo and ahhh-ing over your baby pictures...she wishes she could hold them :) I am glad to see they are doing so much better!!

Almost forgot... an indignant momma, Hopi:
DSC00990.jpg

Hey YOU! Get away from my kids! OUTTA MY CAGE SPACE!
DSC00991.jpg

Wow! She can make herself look so imposing! (She is only 14 3/4lbs.)

Edited to add: No Rex (standard size) around here! I'll end up divorced if I try to bring another breed into this herd... (but we occassionally get bigger Mini Rex that don't really fit the "mini" part... LOL!

Beautiful doe and I just want to pick up those babies and snuggle them - I love kits and these kits look like a handful!

Thank you for keeping us updated with pictures... wish I was that good with my camera!

Denise

Hopi's neck (dewlap) looked less irritated this morning and the babies are all doing good. Had to soak the one bruised baby's foot again, but it looked less swollen than yesterday. (Hmmm.. if that one turns out to be a boy, I think I'll name him Rocky Balboa! He got pretty beat up!) :biggrin2:

BlueGiants wrote:
We presently have 4 other blue Flemish litters, 2 Mini Rex litter and 2 Silver Fox litters... None having any problems... and then we have thisone whitelitter.... they are going to be pretty special!
And WHY is it that we don't have pictures of those other litters?

Get on the ball....we're not demanding - just DAILY updates on EACH litter...
(after all - it could be hourly updates!)

:biggrin2:

TinysMom wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:
And WHY is it that we don't have pictures of those other litters?

Get on the ball....we're not demanding - just DAILY updates on EACH litter...
(after all - it could be hourly updates!)

:biggrin2:
Yeah!!! What she said!!!!!!!! LOL

This is NOT a blog my dear! Just charting the progress of this one litter! LOL! How much time do you think I really have in a day? (Don't answer that!)

I have a litter of3 Blue Flemish (6 weeks old), a litter of 2 Blue Flemish (5 weeks old), a litter of 8Flemish- (7 blues and 1 Black - almost 4 weeks old) and a litter of 5 Blue Flemish (almost 3 weeks old), this litter of 6 Whites (3 days old!) plus 2 litters of Silver Fox (4 in one litter, 5 in the other- 4 weeks old), plus 2 litters of Mini Rex (4 in one-5 weeks and5 in the other-2 weeks... SO cute! One REW, one Blackand the rest Broken Blacks).

I'll try to get photos of some of them if I have time...

Technically, I can place ALL the Flemish right now, and not keep any for myself! (Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen!) Most of the Silver Fox are promised and 2 of the Mini Rex are promised. My daughter wants to keep a couple of them, very promising babies!

I've been a little busy...

BlueGiants wrote:
This is NOT a blog my dear! Just charting the progress of this one litter! LOL! How much time do you think I really have in a day? (Don't answer that!)
You have the same amount of time as the rest of us....always an hour or two less than we need.....

Latest posts

Back