Nepo's Picture Page! =)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lyndsy wrote:
No, he just has sore hocks.

:)

What a nightmare those spotsare...I only had one mini-rex andtrying to keep his poor feet healed was an ongoing battle! They justdon't have enough fur there for padding.

Hay worked for my boy....he had a wire floor....I soon realized that wasn't going to work!

Good luck healing those up!

Rose

P.S. I'm also surprised he doesn't have Rex fur!!! In every pic it looks like he does.;)

Nepo is a gprgeous rabbit. I love the pic on thecouch when he saw the dog in his yard. I simply love those ears and hismarkings are so unique. Beautiful Rabbit. I'm glad his hocks arehealing. Hopefully they'll be all better soon.

Tina

rabbitgirl wrote:
What a nightmare those spotsare...I only had one mini-rex andtrying to keep his poor feet healed was an ongoing battle! They justdon't have enough fur there for padding.

Hay worked for my boy....he had a wire floor....I soon realized that wasn't going to work!

Good luck healing those up!

Rose

P.S. I'm also surprised he doesn't have Rex fur!!! In every pic it looks like he does.;)
You know I've heard a lot of stories about mini-rex having badfeet. :?I'll have to keep a special close eye onBo. He has multiple types of "flooring" so I guess that mighthelp. He also has his "beddy bye" so he is off of any floorwhen he's sleeping.... it's flat plastic and has his blankies.

How long does it take for these wounds to show if they get them? Like,can they come up overnight? or is it something I would start to see in3 or 4 days? (Trying to get an idea of how often to check him)

I know! Nepo looks like he has rex fur...... I always assumed he was mini or standard.

I want to kiss his nose! :)

Awww, thanks everyone. Isrex fur just velvety? And what's velvety like? lol. I may be confusingit.

Here are pictures of his big new cage:):

Lock

nepo075.jpg

First floor (wood)

nepo076.jpg

First floor (wire)

nepo077.jpg

Shelf (second floor)

nepo078.jpg

Whole view

nepo079.jpg

Nepo

nepo080.jpg

nepo081.jpg

Bo B Bunny wrote:
*nepo* wrote:
I'm not sure maybe around 10months?

If NEPO is a rex breed (I think he's a rex mix actually cause of hiscoloring and nose) but.... I don't think he's amini-rex.He seems a lot taller than boand longer also.

Have you weighed him?

I hate that pearl litter :( It's really sticky when it gets wet ....

He's so cute. I want to kiss that little nose :)
The last time I weighed him he weighedalmost 5 lbs , but I can tell he's slimmer but maybe he's weight isstill the same :). I'll just use that little bag of Critter Litter, Idon't want to waste it.

Nepo, the fur is yes, velvety soft, but it's verythick, very dense.... hard to find the skin without blowing on it andthen it's not easy.

It's very "even" also and it seems to Stand up instead of laying backlike most short haired rabbits......(kinda like carpet lol)Do you know what VALURE material is?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Nepo, the fur is yes, velvety soft, but it's very thick,very dense.... hard to find the skin without blowing on it and thenit's not easy.

It's very "even" also and it seems to Stand up instead of laying backlike most short haired rabbits......(kinda like carpet lol)Do you know what VALURE material is?
Bo! thats how I check cosmos skin, I blow on his fur...ofcourse, he doesn't like this...haha..he just slowly walks away fromme..tee hee

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You know I've heard a lot of stories about mini-rex having badfeet. :?I'll have to keep a special close eye onBo. He has multiple types of "flooring" so I guess that mighthelp. He also has his "beddy bye" so he is off of any floorwhen he's sleeping.... it's flat plastic and has his blankies.

How long does it take for these wounds to show if they get them? Like,can they come up overnight? or is it something I would start to see in3 or 4 days? (Trying to get an idea of how often to check him)

I don't remember exactly how long, but just watch for worn patches. Ifhe's inside you'll see bare spots when he kicks his heels up.

And watch for the "shuffle" when he sits....feet shifting under him when resting.

Rose

*nepo* wrote:
My mom told me to put some shavings inthe litter box andNepo started eating them like they werepellets :X :p. lol
Wrigley does the same thing with his carefresh litter :?

You'd think I wasn't feeding him :(:shock:lol

babybunnywrigley wrote:
WOW! Nepo's new cage looks awesome!Wanna come build one for Wrigley? j/k;)
Lol thanks, I'm happy with it too. Butthe first day he was scared to go up or down. Until my mom saw himgoing up and down like he was doing it all his life, butwhenI went to visit him he would act like he was scared. Hewas doing it to scare me :X

rabbitgirl wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:

I don't remember exactly how long, but just watch for worn patches. Ifhe's inside you'll see bare spots when he kicks his heels up.

And watch for the "shuffle" when he sits....feet shifting under him when resting.

Rose
Exactly :)

*nepo* wrote:
babybunnywrigley wrote:
WOW! Nepo's new cage looks awesome!Wanna come build one for Wrigley? j/k;)
Lol thanks, I'm happy with it too. Butthe first day he was scared to go up or down. Until my mom saw himgoing up and down like he was doing it all his life, butwhenI went to visit him he would act like he was scared. Hewas doing it to scare me :X
Awww silly Nepo...trying to scare his Mommy :?:D

*nepo* wrote:
Well I guess he does have rex fur. I'venever heard of Valure. All I can think of is of Valuran:p
LOL it's a "fuzzy" but even kind of material. Like velvet but longer "hairs" lol.

I do think NEPO is part Rex... maybe a mini-rex mix? but I thinkpamnock has said the rex fur is recessive so I don't know......weird.....

That fur sure does look like rex fur especially in the photo just aboveme (well it's about 4 posts above me.. sheesh! you all postquick!)LOL!

Which, is one of my favorites of him too...... I could just kiss his nose forever!

m.e. wrote:
pm'd Carolyn

best to ignore them...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks m.e. Good Advice, too. :)

*Nepo*

I'm glad the troll didn't upset you. I was undert the impression thatyou would've been, but seeing how you replied to this post, you handledit really well.

Nepo's new diggs are beautiful! It looks like the he's adjusted JustFine to it. He's got the sweetest face. It's a home built for a King,no doubt.

His foot's healing quite well. So glad to see that! Keep me posted here or in PM on how he's doing.

Give him a big smooch for me, and I have to tell you, the bunny in thatpicture that kinda looks like Nepo isn't half as cute as Our Boy!Nepo's got it over him ten-fold!

:)

-Carolyn

P.S. If you wish to know Nepo's breed/breeds, your best bet is to have Pamnock take a guess.

Latest posts

Back