Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, well I thought he was, but now IDK because he overheard me telling a friend "no" on a rescue so maybe he thinks I wont want it :(

I have had the cage for it for about 8 months, lol.

My pair of parakeets were not loud at all..just made cute little chiprs and love calls.
But when the male died, and I got a female, they are much louder I think due to them being the same sex. They "squabble" all the time. I want to get a male to calm them down.

you wanted photos? heres your photos! lol!

The Rabbits:

Chew playing "fetch" with her toy. Yes, really fetch!

But my food is in there...

he even cleans himself like a dog

such a cute photo

I want your hamster!!

Okay, now I know why geckos freak me out.....they remind me of frogs/toads!!! I am terrified of frogs/toads.

The Chinchillas:
Hanging in the Hammock

Look at the couple cute ear freckles

How many chinchillas can fit into a dust bath?

Yesssss?

Valentine's butt. What more could you want?

mmm I like chin scritches

Me too!

undergunfire wrote:
I want your hamster!!

Okay, now I know why geckos freak me out.....they remind me of frogs/toads!!! I am terrified of frogs/toads.

Yeah, he is great. But all Syrian's are. They are such great pets. Sooo cute and calm, easy to care for.

Hahaha really? Why frogs and toads?

No idea about the frogs & toads. When I see them, even a picture or hear a *ribbit* noise...I have a major panic attack and cry. It takes a lot to get me to calm down. I hate them with a passion. Yick....I'm all panicked just talking about them!

Teehee. Thats funny! (No offense!)
If it makes you feel better, I can't stand things that fly. Hence my fear of birds (Even though I now own birds) and flying bugs.
The first thing James ever heard about me (We met through a friend) is that I went fishing with our mutual friend and a ladybug flew on me and I freaked out and our friend had to get it off of me.
I am not scared of them in themselves...but the flying part.
Like, if a moth flys and all I can see is the flying part (I can't tell what it is) I will freak out. But once I knwo its a moth or fly, I am ok just agitated.

James is also deathly scared of snakes, and I had 2 when we first started dating. 1 was a full grown ball python that was a rescue, and one was a tinsey tiny milksnake (The size of two pencils, same girth) and he would always get squesmish looking at them.

One day I threw the milksnake on him because I thought it would be funny.

I was wrong.

It was Hilarious!!!!!!!

He started screaming and freaking out and trying to get the tiny snake off. He sounded like a girl lol, and it was just sooo funny you would have to see it. and he (the snake) just slitherd off into a shoe and I thought James was going to punch me.

I then proceded to very nearly pee my pants in laughter.
I take that back, I may have peed them a little.

HAHAHA....Poor James!!!

Well...I get the flying fear. I hate things that hop. Uh...but I have bunnies, but I don't think their hopping is scarey because its not "springy". I don't like crickets/grass hoppers and I obviously hate frogs. Kangaroos are cute but once they start hopping it freaks me out.

Haha yeah, we have a pretty harsh sense of humor. :)

I took a photo of the piece of ankle missing from the parrot, its a bad photo but you get the drift.

Before this, I was already afraid of large birds because I knew how powerful thier bites were, but mind you this scar is 2 years old and still this sightful.

Literally it is still concave..I bleed soo much but I couldn't get stiches because it was basically a hole. They just patched it up.

It was awful. I still get nervous around larger parrots.

Oh I looove birds, and the bigger the better! I'd love to get a macaw someday, when we have our own house, but only if I can find an older one at a rescue or something.

My Dad's parakeet Toby was a little brat. We originally had two, Toby and a female. When the first female died we got him another one, and she died too. We eventually found out that Toby was a carrier for some bird disease that had killed our other two birds, but didn't effect Toby at all. So we weren't able to get him any other friends. After awhile of living on his own he started to get more friendly towards people, and developed a really strong bond with my dad. But he use to SCREAM as loud as his little birdy lungs would allow when he was left alone in the room. First thing in the morning he would always wake me up by screaming after my dad would leave for work...and my bedroom was on a completely different floor of the house.

Awesome pictures! I love your geckos, of course! That's so cute that Chew plays fetch - My Ziggy plays fetch too.

No more comments on the photos? :(
I thought everyone would be happy to see more.

When I get my lovebird Dragonrain, I want her/him to be an only bird so we can bond. My parakeets were already in pairs, so I thought it would be unfair.
Macaws are crazy..my uncles Macaw is 37 years old. My uncle has had him for 25 years. Can you imagine?
Our family is so afraid what will happen when she will die (He is single, has been almsot his entire life and has social problems)
25 years is an amazingly long time to have a pet.

Well, through scheduling Tuesday is the big rabbit reconstruction day!
I have photo and plans on hand to make some really great bunny cages!
I hate that they are in my room though, because it really makes my cute little decor offset, but you know the buns always come first.
I am really excited to have these nice, new cages. The cages have been pretty ugly looking for awhile. I told James I wanted these NIC cages lookin PRISTINE. lol.
They both will be 2 stories too.

I want my female chins to come home already :(
I hate the darn weather.

Cute pictures :)

I'm not a big bird fan really, other then poultry.They look cute and I don't mind them once they are in their cages, but I hate when they are out and flap around your head, and I'm always afraid they will dig into me with their talons (don't know if that is the right word) or peck me. I'm kind of afraid of being attacked. My Mam has a really big fear of birds, worse then mine, but I guess that is where I get it from :)

heyy just stopping to post a comment. I've read most of your blog but still havent ever posted in it. Just wanted to let you know i really like the pictures of all your pets and to keep them comming!

Goodness your chinchillas are just adorable....we don't have chinchillas here in Australia...so have never seen one in real life...and don't really know much about them.

And of course i just love your bunnies...very cute!

That's part of what I like about Macaws, that they have such long life spans. A lot of them even outlive their owners. I'd want to get an older one, so then hopefully I wouldn't have to worry about it outliving me and if someone is going to take care of it after I go.

I try to stick with pets with longish lifespans. It just devastates me when they pass, so the longer I can go without having to deal with that, the better. I've heard that rats are good pets for example, but I doubt I would ever keep any just because they don't live long enough for me.

It must be hard having to wait for the new chins!

You should post pictures of the bunny cages after bunny reconstruction day! I like seeing pictures of other people's cage set ups.

Well, its Valentines day and I am terribly sick. James and I celebrated yesterday since he had his Star Wars RPG (Thats right, it is okay, laugh) today. We didn't do much but cuddle and watch movies.

I had a cough/sore throut yesterday but today it is just horrible. I am terribly sick.

Well, tomorrow is *dun dun dun* inspection!
The buns and chins were moved to my mothers house until Tuesday.

I miss them soooo much.

Our vacumm has been broke, but james got a shop vac from his grandpa..and I have to say, the place is really clean.
I didn't realize how dirty it was before..which really isn't our fault, we have just been waiting for James dad to take a look at our vacumm to fix it. The place is spotless, besides the horrible pee stains that aren't getting up.

I am pretty nervous about it, but what can you do...I don't think they are horribly noticable.

I am getting the cholopast or vinyal tiles.

So for valentines day, James got me a Lovebird!!!
I think it is sooo adroable! We haven't picked him up yet because the store closed early but hopefully sometime this week!

I of course will post photos!

Does your apartment know about the lovebird? I just thought about Furarri's meowing and wondered if you won't get the same complaints about a bird.

Birds are OK, even parrots for some reason (Parrots allowed but no chinchillas?)
We have not got complaints about the parakeets, and a lovebird won't be much louder.

You just never met Furrari. She didn't meow like a normal cat..this is going to sound mean, but things are better since she has gone.
James could be petting her and showing her 1110000% attention, but if I were to go to the bathroom and close the door she would go to the door and meow. Not cute little meows..not even meows like a cat is in heat.
Meows like you hear a cat DYING.
She would meow of attention, we would pet her, and the moment our hand was off her she would BITE our hand...then meow.
She had horrible manners.
She would meow just to meow too..I don't know why.

The vet tech that took her said she is doing great...that yes she does meow alot and loud, but now she has a dog friend that is INSEPERABLE from...and it makes a huge difference.

Latest posts

Back