Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I am alone all night while James is at a concert 2 hours away. I am not too happy..It just sucks I have no car to go anywhere and I feel stranded.
I also am annoyed that James gets to go out to concerts and things like that, and I always get left behind by myself. He has been to 2 concerts in the past 2 weeks, then we hung out with his friends, ect ect ect
Then he met up with his best friend Kelsey who is down there for college and her roomate Jessica which again was annoying..I have huge problems with this girl. She thinks she knows everything and her and I don't get along, so she likes to trash talk me. Thats all I have heard from James since (That they were eating, so of course I feel even worse now.
And of course my best friend is not answering her phone when we finally get free time (I knwo she has the day off!) so that even furthers my anger.

PLUS my animals aren't home! My mom had to go run errands so the only time we could pick them up I was in school. The come home definatley tomorrow, but the house feels even emptier!

And I am too sick to go and practice skating, my cough is still pretty good so I am just sitting here. Ugh is frustrating.

I want all of my babies home. Ugh.

Myia09 wrote:
I am also watching 16 & Pregnant. HELLO PEOPLE, CONDOMS DON'T WORK GET ON FREAKING BIRTH CONTROL. OMG! It is like $10 bucks a month at planned parenthood! Do it you stupid stupid children! GOSH. People are retarted. I can't wait for the new season. lol........
More like birth control doesn't work! Get a freaking condom people!

In my nutrition & toxicology class we learned that a bag of doritos my professor tested had enough zoralenone (a synthetic estrogen produced by a mold) to counteract the effects of a birth control pill. And zoralenone levels aren't regulated.

On a different note, great setups for the geckos.

missyscove wrote:
Myia09 wrote:
I am also watching 16 & Pregnant. HELLO PEOPLE, CONDOMS DON'T WORK GET ON FREAKING BIRTH CONTROL. OMG! It is like $10 bucks a month at planned parenthood! Do it you stupid stupid children! GOSH. People are retarted. I can't wait for the new season. lol........
More like birth control doesn't work! Get a freaking condom people!

In my nutrition & toxicology class we learned that a bag of doritos my professor tested had enough zoralenone (a synthetic estrogen produced by a mold) to counteract the effects of a birth control pill. And zoralenone levels aren't regulated.

On a different note, great setups for the geckos.
Or use both.:p

Eh, there is 10000 birth control products out there, not all are easily effected like that. I just hope people can be smart about things..ugh. I have about 12 friends pregnant/have babies and I don't understand why..they are so young. I am not dissing anyone who have had children at a young age, or that they are or are not capable, but I am sure people who have had kids at a young age agree it is not the best thing.

I miss the rabbits soooooooooooooooooo much.
tomorrow...tomorrow...lol.

Hmm...I got pregnant when I was 18. I am a single 20 year old mom.
Honestly my daughter is the best thing that has happened to me...I was going downhill into drugs and other bad things and it all turned around when I found out I was pregnant. My daughter has gotten me through the worst times of depression, she'll hug me and pat me on the back.

But yes, I do beleive that a lot of people are not careful enough and can't handle the kids-teens or not. I actually have a teen friend right now whose pregnant and I'm just thankful she got her GED now and has started working at a good job with benefits.

I forget what I am trying to say...accidents happen. but everything happens for a reason :)

I REALLY don't want to start an argument, but I don't think there is any "accident" in having a baby at any age. If you have unprotected or even protected sex, you CAN have a baby - so having sex knowing it can create a life is not an accident, but more of an "unprepared for event".

:p

Myia your tanks look awesome!

I need to go get some tiles for mine. I've just been using paper towels since it's so easy to just replace them, but the tiles look sooo much nicer!

When are the pets coming home now? So do they always tell you when they are going to do inspections? I would be so paranoid that they would do a surprise inspection.

Oh my goodness Dragonrain (I really need to know your real name, lol) the tile are amazing. Not only do they look nice, but the geckos love them and they are great with the heat pads.

I was just using paper towles too, since I can't stand reptile carept anymore.

To do on the reptile tanks: calcium dish, water dish, paint hides some more, figure out himid hide, backgrounds then finally done!

My complex HAS to give me a 48 hour notice before entering my apartment. It is a law. If they do enter w/o permission, they broke the lease first so it is on them (Even if they see the animals) so it's okay. Only a few more months.

I am with my bun and chins right now at my mothers (I am working over here) and I can't stop snuggling and kissing them. I missed them SOfreaking MUCH! lol!

SO I decided to start making my OWN hamster food I am really tierd of spending $8 of a 1/4lb of bag of food, and it not being the quality that I can make.

Right now for the Hammie I feed Harry the Hamster, it looks like an off brand, but is actually a pretty good brand and comes reconmended by vets and other hammie enthusiests.

What he will be swtiched to:
Oxbow "healthy handfuls" pellets. I am only adding these because I want to make sure he gets all that he needs.
Then:
Organic barely
millet
oatmeal
lentils
buckwheat
flax seed
pumpkin
sunflower

Added with the usual 3 times a week fresh veggies and an occasional hardboiled egg for protien.

If you have a bird, I have found the best pellet alive
Its TOP Organic (totallyorganics.com) and the pellets and seeds are amazing! And its a great price!

I am feeding my parakeets mainly the pellet with some seed as extra, along with fresh veggies and whole wheat pasta.

The lovebird will be fed mostly seed with some pellet, along with fresh veggies and whole wheat pasta

:)

So, I am listing.
I really want my Crested Gecko, and so I am making plans to have an amazing tank.
I am buying a Exo Terra Glass tank (18x18x18) for 1 crested gecko.
I really want it to be a planted tank..I will be going to my local pet store for more information on it, but basically this is what I have down..

Drainage system:
1st layer is small pebbles about 1 in thick
2nd layer larger rocks about 1 in thick
3rd layer is like "electrical" crate..its PVC wire grids
In right corner add a 2 in' diamater PVC tube (It is where I can siphon the water out)
4th later of pebbles
5th layer rich soil

From there I will add some simple, hardy plants and moss to cover the ground.
I will add fake "vines" becaue crested geckos like to climb on them, as well as a couple of fake plants that hang on the glass to provide the gecko with security.
I will also be making my own DIY rock wall for the background.

:)

I make my rattie's food, which others have fed pretty much the same stuff to their mice/hamsters!

- Total brand cereal.
- 6-7 different types of organic cereal (Nature's Path, Kashi, Barbara's, etc).
- multi-grain cheerios.
- old fashioned oats.
- 1-2 "fun cereals" (shredded wheat with frosting, fruity pebbles, etc)...just for a tiny treat/color!
- sunflower seeds.
- dry egg noodles.
- dry wheat noodles.
- tri-colored pasta.
- dried split peas.
- variety of dry organic rices.
- wheat puffs.
- rice puffs.

you two make me want rats again ): thats an intense diet, Amy. Is it healthier than the store brand?

fuzz16 wrote:
you two make me want rats again ): thats an intense diet, Amy. Is it healthier than the store brand?
Waaaay healthier, especially since it is mostly organic. I also use high quality dog food (usually Solid Gold Holistique) as the staple. Rats also need a variety of fresh foods daily, so they eat mainly whatever I eat for dinner (before spices).

Hey Myia just wondering have you ever fed your Hamsters meat, I did once and he loved it, I read online that it doesn't cause digestive problems sometimes it can be good, like the page said beef was a good choice!

Oh no no no paul! That is so bad!
Crickets, hardboiled eggs are fine, but NOT meat esp red meat! Chicken may be okay..but NOT red meat!

Personally I never did it lol, My momma is too stingy to spare beef for a hamster lol, She had a heart attack when she say I bowled an egg for the hamster, But I've read Beef as a suggestion in quite a few different places.

Have you ever fed Crickets? Can't they like bite the hamster back lol?

I have heard of people giving crickets, I really never would, lol. But no they can't really bite back :)

Hardboiled egg is the way to go!

I need to rant.

My boyfriend is best friends with 2 girls (Yes wierd situation, that is another story).
1 girl is really nice and bubbly (Think valley girl) and I get a long great with.
The other is short, mean girl who think she knows it all. I mean literally think she is the smartest thing to walk on this planet.

This is her first year in college (Her 2nd semester) and she goes to University of Arizona.

Well, to provide examples of her "words I can't use on RO fourms" I used to be a biotechnition..for three years.
She was fully aware I was biotechnition.

Her major is in Biology and wants to be a forensic scientist (We will see how that goes) and went on a rant about how bitechnitions are "Doctors B***s" and how useless they are. Not just in front of me, TO me.

And she literally does that all the time.

Well I just have had the final straw when she starts giving me COLLEGE ADVICE!

HELLLOOOO. I AM A SENIOR IN COLLEGE. YOU ARE A FRESHMAN.

She is only a year younger, but I am THREE FULL YEARS ahead of her!

But because I NEVER LIVED IN A DORM, I don't know what "True" college is.

*facepalm*

She also think she is smarter than all of us..and me. She onced bragged about all the Advanced Placement classes she was in high school, and I was like helloooo so was I!
I technichally graudated high school a year early, but I stayed a year for biotechnology so I could do my senior project. I graduated with honors too retard!

I have worked for many pretigous companies i.e I was published at the age of 15 in the Arizona Republic, Arizona's major newspaper and continued to work as a intern, I worked for the University Art Museum as a coordinator, I was a certified (actually still am) biotechnition assistant (I would have to have a BA to be a biotechnition) and I worked as a Vet Technition w/o any school because I am badass like that.

I also worked 40 hours a week during high school to support my family. All while being a honors student.

Then she talks about how nice it is to LIVE ON HER OWN, and be INDEPENDENT.

Helloooo you live in a DORM. Your parents still PAY FOR YOU. Just because your a 2 hour drive away, doesn't mean your not dependent on them. They give you money for clothing, food, ect.

Unlike ME, which I pay RENT, UTILITIES, GROCERIES, PHONE, CAR/GAS, ELECTRIC, SCHOOLING, CLOTHING/HYGENIE and do it all VERY WELL THANK YOU AND ALL ON MY OWN.

Arrrrrggghhhh I need to calm down.

Latest posts

Back