Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be your crappy phone internet! lol!
Well I just put the deposit so they are for sure mine :D

Isn't she goregous? She is suppossed to be really sweet too. The Brown Velvet is said to be 'Normal" chin attitude (lol) so may need some work.

They were surrenders from a breeder who got in over her head and was a horder and these were some kits produce. I guess thier mothers were in bad condition and never even had a dust bath in god knows how long. I did get papers for them however, which was nice because I get to see thier blood lines (Like for instance Missy is Homo not Hetero Ebony)

Apparently the mothers and male chinchillas were too mean to adopt out, but they stay at the rescue.

The downside is that these Chins are in Illnois so I am having to pay to ship them, but really the cost isn't very much surprisngly!

Now to think of names! I guess Juliet would be an obvious name huh? But I don't really like that. Hmmm...

BTW, its Valentines birthday this Wendsday!!!

Up to 3 chins its $140, so that is the cost of a normal "Standard" chinchilla. I am paying and adoption fee but also donating some money to the rescue (In the form of food), so it brings my total to $200.
Most Brown Velvets are 175-225, and most Ebonys are 200+
so it is not a bad deal.
But they have over 75 chinchillas at the rescue, so I don't feel bad for paying this as long as I can help.

Thats not bad at all!

I wish I could ship in mice (as pets)....but its up towards $300 because breeders want reimbursement for their time, gas, health checks, flight cost, carrier cost, etc. Crazy when its only $219 to ship rabbits over 9lbs!!

Wow that is crazy! You know the Humane Society has like 3 mice on thier site.

I have to pay a $30 carrier cost, but as long as I ship it back its reimburst (its only like a $10 charge to ship back) so it works out.

I am sorry, but that is waaay to much for a mouse.

I really am wanting a single male mouse from a breeder (males can't live together). I'd rather not support pet stores by purchasing a mouse as they come from mills and usually do not live long lives. Unfortunately, mice at humane societies are from pet stores. Mice from breeders are bigger, friendlier, and healthier. I definitely wouldn't pay $300 to have one shipped here though. If I can find a registered breeder in SoCal, then I'd gladly go over and get one (make a trip out of it!) once we get a new car.

Ahhh I see. Well I hope you can find one in Cali.

Well we decided on names..I am still going on the "Lover" theme,
So the ebony is Venus (Since I didn't like Aphrodite) even though my friend called her Oprah LOL and it is almost sticking!
The brown velvet is Madonna (Not the singer!) lol, I might change it to Helen (Mythology) but IDK.

OMG I want a chinchilla just like Venus, God there are so many colours I'd like to get lol! I wish Ireland had this diversity when it came to animals, but sadly we don't Grr!

God America I is so darn Cheap, I'd love to be able to get them rare colours and for adoption lol!

Side note I really like the name Aphrodite!

So, I feel this bunny blog is very un-bunny

I still don't have batteries for my camera, so it sucks.

Well updates:

Chew is being chew. Like she chewed my phone cord when I had her out and I feel asleep.
But what happend is, she jumped on the bed and woke me up by giving me bunny kisses. I thought I had the best bunny in the world until I saw what she did, lol.
But it was my fault for leaving it around.
We are getting her spayed in 2 weeks! I am extremley nervous about it. I want her to be okay.
I really hope this spay has her live much much longer. We love our little chew.

Sheriff is a trouble maker. He has doubled in size, and is now really large.
We need to fix his cage (I can't say upgrade really since its a NIC cage) because he got out while we were gone saturday night-sunday late afternoon and he shredded one of james school books.
It is still usable, but it has no edges LOL

So tonight james is going to re-do the cage and make it 2 stories, but were not going to add a second leval only because I think he is too large for a second level. Plus he is EXTREMLEY clumsy, so I worry about that too.

Chew is getting a second story though! Her cage will only be 3 NIC panles long (42 in) so I feel good she will have a second level.

Again, I don't have a camera but I will try to take photo with my phone and show a early start!

He He, You're always falling asleep lol, Remember how your chinchillas bonded Ha Ha!

I don't think you need to worry as much as you are, All my females pulled through there spays perfectly and with NO pain meds, My vet is old fashioned and doesn't bother with them but certainly knows what he is doing!

He He silly bunny eating books luckily I've never had the pleasure of that happening all I've had was The chinchillas chew my school jumper lol!

Psh! I go to school full time, work 20 hours, practice roller derby and the animals! lol!

I am allowed to fall asleep!

Myia09 wrote:
Psh! I go to school full time, work 20 hours, practice roller derby and the animals! lol!

I am allowed to fall asleep!
Ha Ha fine I'll allow it this one time, Grr I should be studying for my exams not bunny blogging lol! Oh well exams will have to wait!

Blech exams.
So I found out my Chins won't ship until the first week of March since the weather out there hasn't been good, which is fine because I can get Sheriff settled down and treated.

Who by the way is giving me some major cuddles on the couch!

Myia09 wrote:
Blech exams.
So I found out my Chins won't ship until the first week of March since the weather out there hasn't been good, which is fine because I can get Sheriff settled down and treated.

Who by the way is giving me some major cuddles on the couch!
Ahh how cute, He is a real cute boy!

Um I can't wait till you get the new little girlies!

myia just wanted to say that i read your blog all the time, but never really comment

your animals are so cute! one day i want to own chins. . . they are on my wish list.

i also think that you have such a big heart. and i just wanted you to know that.

keep up what you are doing it is obvious by the posts and photos that your animals are all very loved.

oh and btw. . . can i have sheriff? he looks just like a little black english lop doe i had while breeding named bunny of all things.

Thank you Katt :)
I really appreciate comments like that.

Well, I didn't go to school this morning because I had really low blood sugar and was exhausted. I get 4 absences, so I think I will be ok.

Well, the point of this is that James didn't go to work because we decided to stay in bed together (Lol) but James got up around 2pm (Yes, really late, but again when my blood sugar is low, I can't get up at all) and he took Sheriff out because we have yet to fix his cage so Sheriff like to be out.

Well James and I were still in bed when Sheriff jumps on the bed and starts cuddling with us! It was so cute!

Then James and I went to the couch, and Sheriff just stays on the bed and naps, all sprawled out!

Then I go back to the bed to sleep some more, and he just sits there at the edge of the bed near my feet and we sleep together!

I wish I could have got photos, it was soooo adorable!

El's are really like dogs!

Latest posts

Back