Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Furarri sounds like my Juju :biggrin2:. He's clingy and a momma's boy. Hes also part Siamese, so he really knows how to talk/scream. He doesn't bite though, that would be Quil. Quilly loves attention and once you stop the petting, he gives you a nip because he wants you to keep it going!

Now, I'm just saying what I think about my kitties. No offense AT ALL to you about Furarri!

I just love Toodles (Juju), so I deal with it. Sometimes it does get annoying, but both Toots and Quilly are my babies and I have to accept them the way they are.

All of my kitties have some very annoying issues....

- Tibi is a little fatty-butt and acts constantly hungry. Whenever you walk through the kitchen he jumps up are paws at your hand that is hanging by your side. Sometimes if he *thinks* he's REALLY hungry, then he will jump up and nip your hand.

- Quil wakes me up countless times in the night because he gets underneath the covers to bite my toes. Quil also is a human food hound and we have to lock in him our dogs kennel when we cook dinner because he won't stay off of the counter...he steals ANY food he can get his little mouth on.

- Toodles can't really stand to be away from me and will scream at the top of his lungs to what sounds exactly like "Maaaamaaaaa!!!!!" until I yell to him so he can come and find me. He has a really loud attention grabbing throaty peircing yell when he "talks"....because he really does TALK! Sometimes he says "Noooo!" haha.

- My MIL's cat is another story. He was fine for the 1st month of living here....but he has gotten almost unbearable to be around. Ryan and I are contemplating finding him a new home because my MIL doesn't care about him and we don't know that we can be happy fostering him for 3 more years. Him and Tibi fight a ton of times a day and like I said before...is makes all of the kitties tense. Its just not worth stressing my own kitties out to keep a cat that my MIL obviously doesn't want back in 3 years (could be longer, too!).

WOW Myia I sure have missed out on A LOT I havent been getting emails about this blog. So i think i am up to date now...thank goodness u r one busy lady....

Fancy77, I haven't been getting emails either on anything..Hm.

Well, today was suppossed to be inspection, but they have not come yet. Which is no surprise. I really dislike this apartment complex..they are so full of crap.
I was re-reading my lease. It says on the list of animals not allowed:
Rabbits, Snakes, Monkeys, Ferrets, Illegal Exotics (i.e hedgehogs) and that is it! No chinchillas are on that list!

Anyways, only a little while longer.

In other news, I am still sick and I can't stand it. lol. Not really news.

The apartment feels really empty without the mammals. I miss them sooo much. However, with them being gone, it has started fights between James and I.
First, when we dropped them off yesterday morning he was crabby and did nothing but complain and moan. He apologized later, but it really was not enough.
I am really tierd of doing things for him, but when he does things for me he bitches and moans.
Then he was talking last night about how nice it was without the animals..
I didn't comment on it because I was sick and angry, but later on he would continue and this blah blah the place is cleaner (HELLO we haven't had a good vacumm until yesterday!) and how it was just so much better.
Then I got really mad and said do you expect me to rehome the animals?
He said no, that he knows I would never do that, and that he just doesn't understand how I could be so attached to something so "Small and useless"
USELESS? WTF?
Then he said he just doesn't understand how I could be attched to Chewbacca like he is to his horse Diamond. Well no offense James, but when is the last time you rode Diamond? What makes her anymore useful than Chewbacca?
And he claims to love the animals, especially Chewy! We bought Chew together..and it just breaks my heart!
I didn't want to fight, so I just ignored it. The way I see it, he knows it isn't going to change. He wants to compalin, well trust me I have a lot to complain about to him too.

Like the fact he didn't get home until 7pm on Valentines day when I was sick and needed help because he was playing some stupid fucking star wars game.

MEN...u cant live with 'em and u cant shoot 'em ha ha ha

I keep a baseball bat and duct tape handy at all times...use one or both ha ha ha

I'm so glad they don't do inspections on our apartment. I'm pretty sure we'd pass anyways, but that would just stress me out!

So sorry your having issues with James.

Well, James just apologized. Let's hope it doesn't happen again right? It is hard to hear your loved one diss something you love so much.

In better news, working on the gecko tanks!

Here are starting photos!

I cut the styrofoam into the background and pieces I want. I may or may not add some ledges to the background piece later on

Pieces drying with grout on them (Ignore Jame's nasty ciggerates

Background drying..looks pretty plain, but I will be adding some details with paint

Oh Myia sorry to hear that James got a bit broody with you and attacked you about the animals, I'm sure he didn't mean it just sometimes tempers can flair and things slip out!

OMG I'd totally be missing the chinchillas after 5 minutes I was playing with them tonight there the cutest things ever lol!

Yeah, I am dying for my babies. They come home tomorrow.
AND I WANT MY FEMALE CHINCHILLAS ALREADY! Three weeks is tooooo long.

I know, I'm kinda looking forward till I get the rest of my money for my new chinchilla cage!

My question Can the ferret nation expansion go on a critter nation as that is the only one I can find in my area at the moment, And I can't even find the expansion AHH!

Whooot page 10!! Awesome!

I have to put a 2nd layer of grout on the gecko hides. I used my hands last time (Lol) this time I think I am going to need a brush. I really hope they turn out well.

It looks like Amy and I are going to Bunny Fest in San Deigo in September! I am so excited! I heard all about it from this one girl we got our blue/grey lionhead from. She came home with 10 rabbits LOL, including a Seal Point Lionhead
I was soo jealous. I have to admit, if I find a seal point lionhead, I am going to get it. lol. I would really like to find Chewbacca a male lionhead as a bonded pair..Sheriff is too big and clumsy for her. He is like a joker and her the Queen, he is there only to amuse her from a distance (Not to mention they fight) and a dwarf bunny would be perfect.

I am really dissapointed Sheriff didn't go to the show last weekend..he has 3 more months of growing so hopefully his ears will make that 2 inch streach!

I am also watching 16 & Pregnant. HELLO PEOPLE, CONDOMS DON'T WORK GET ON FREAKING BIRTH CONTROL. OMG! It is like $10 bucks a month at planned parenthood! Do it you stupid stupid children! GOSH. People are retarted. I can't wait for the new season. lol........

And Paul, I don't think you can, but I am not sure.

Looks like I've entered into your blog a little late but.....

I've watched that 16 and pregnant and it just makes me sad. You know why? Because I live in an area where people are 14 and pregnant. For real. When There is Jr. High kids getting pregnant theres something wrong.

Oh I just hope when I have kids, they won't be so stupid.

I've never seen that show. My sister had her first baby when she was 16 though, and is pregnant now with her 2nd. It was crazy and really took a toll on my family (esp. my parents), but my niece is awesome and my sister turned out to be an amazing mom. :)

Birth control pills don't work for everyone though. For health reasons, I can't use them.

Bunny Fest sounds fun! What is it exactly? I've been to a rabbit show before, but I'm not sure if it's the same?

Your gecko tank stuff looks like it's off to a great start! It already looks better than the one I made the other week. I guess I'm just really not good at it, but it's still fun, and the geckos don't seem to care that it's ugly. :biggrin2:

Myia09 wrote:
It looks like Amy and I are going to Bunny Fest in San Deigo in September! I am so excited! I heard all about it from this one girl we got our blue/grey lionhead from. She came home with 10 rabbits LOL, including a Seal Point Lionhead
I was soo jealous. I have to admit, if I find a seal point lionhead, I am going to get it. lol.

NOPE!!! Neither of us are coming home with bunnies :p. We have to stay STRONG! LOL. I, on the other hand, am coming home with a single male mouse as a pet from a registered breeder, hehehe. His name will be "Dexter"...after the Showtime show.

Paul - The CN doesn't have an addition right now. There are rumors that it will be coming out in August of this year. The FN and CN aren't able to be connected, unfortunately.

Well maybe I will stuff it in my purse and you will never know! Muahahahaha! I hope someone who is stronger at temptation is going with us LOL.

I like the name Dexter!

Haley I love it when people reply to my blog, even this far into it! It is great to have readers!

Dragonrain you should post photos of yours!

You're SO easily tempted Myia, I can nearly guarantee that you will be coming home with 1 or 2 cutie kins called Seal point lionhead! Oh that is such a bummer that they don't have an extension already out for CN but I suppose I can try and persuade the pet shop to get me in a FN and the expansion lol! Chances are slim though since they don't even stock FN on a regular basis Grr!

Animals back today?

Can I say that I am uber proud of myself? lol!

Here are the geckos tanks! of course STILL NOT FINISHED ARRRGGGGGHHHHH.

I layed down the tile, and the first cage you will see is a wierd custom reptile cage and the tiles didn't fit perfect..but I decided to sell/trade this one and get a normal 20 gallon like my other (Which the tile fit perfectly into)

I also need to buy matching water bowls

And maybe paint the decor a little more to match the tile

I also forgot about humid hides..I may just put one in when they need it, or try to do something else. IDK.

I also Need ideas for background the grout did NOT work at all..it looked horrible.

Tank one (Super Snow and Blizzard)

Gecko Tank 2 (Mack Snow Enigma)

The geckos seem to lvoe it.

Latest posts

Back