Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! It is really adorable. I love it!

Forever 21 had a sweater that was black with white bunny outlines. It was only $22, but the only size they had was mine but it had too large of a rip..and they said they would get it back in stock so I decided to wait it out..plus honestly it was like a bill cosby sweater, lol. Not the most flattering.

The bunnies are good, normal, nothing new :)
Although I ran out of bedding and had to use shredded paper, and now there is shredded paper EVERYWHERE in my bedroom. Agitating!

Chins are well, re arranging thier cage tomorrow!

Mice are good, started the bonding process and it is going easy and well!

Thanks sam!

So time for a little (or big!) update.

So the potty training is going okay. I am out of litter so I am using newspaper, and I think it is deterring them. Kinobe is pooping a tad out of the box (and in it), and Anakin seems to be doing well. It seems at least because Chewy isn’t trained so it is like “Who’s poop is this?” lol.

It reminds me that the boys HATE each other. I left the bedroom door open because I needed to get something, and since the neuter Kinobe has not charged into the bedroom I figured it was okay. Well in the one minute it took, they were all out fighting. I mean kicking to the stomach. It was so scary. Both are perfectly okay, not even a scratch.
I got a baby gate from my mother to keep kinobe from this corner of the house that he likes to rip up the carpet. I give it day before he figures out he can jump it. I was spraying him to keep him away from the carpet, but it didn’t’ seem to work.

I made the chinchillas a cool toy made out of coconut rope, Dixie cups, and cardboard. By the morning Casanova had it completely demolished, lol. I also gave them a large paper bag and they love it!

I am really happy with the mouse cage because every week when I clean it, I can rearrange it and make it new for them. They no longer want to eat mealworms anymore so I have to go and get dog biscuits. :/

My betta is doing excellent. Since moving to the five gallon he is super active! I mean super. And his fins looks really good. I decided I am going to go buy a Top Fin 5 gallon. I was going to the eclipse but their filter is a bit too strong and they are about twice the price. Or I guess I could just get a 10 gallon but I want one with a nice hood and what not.

So, the super snow enigma baby is growing a lot! Super snows and Enigmas are suuuuper slow growers, so it is nice to see some progress!

That reminds me, I usually feed dubia roaches..they are small, flightless roaches. Well my store was out so I had to get lobster roaches..large roaches that can CLIMB. Never again! Never ever ever again! It was horrible! They kept climbing everywhere and the geckos only ate like 5 out of the 10 I bought. And now I have 3 sitting in their tank because the geckos wont eat them. Ugh!

Well that is it for now!

James and I made some popsicle creations for the mice!

popsicle1.jpg

popsicle.jpg

hln917 wrote:
Love the popsicle idea, how creative! Wonder if I can build one strong and big enough for the buns.
You may be able to, but I'm sure they would have it in splinters in no time! That would be a lot of work to have destroyed in mere days.

That project took me 40 mins just for the little two story one! So if you have the power to make one..all too you!

So, the baby gate was a great idea because now I have a space (The hallway) to give the chins playtime that is even better than the kitchen (It was a lot of work to set it up and tear it down in the kitchen) so I am really happy and I am sure the chins are..instead of the half hour they have been getting they can now get an hour plus.

I drilled some popsicle sticks holes to make toys for the chinnys and realized I am out of the small twine needed..and the holes are only 1/4 inch so it is hard to find something to make a toy with.

Anakin has been fully potty trained at least for hte most part..he has trouble goign to his box when is out for play.

Well, that is the basic update. I am having a lot of personal issues (For those who are friends on my facebook we understand) so that is why I haven't been around a lot. :(

So today I had to clip the parakeets nails. It was interesting..but WAY easier than I thought.

I took a quick photo of the bundeld keet :)
bundled.jpg

And I gave the mice a little toy mouse to have and they started eating it. What cannibls!
cannibal.jpg

I also took a picture of valentine out for playtime before I added the maze haven for him (I didn't want him to get dust on it when he took his bath)

playtime.jpg

James asked for a picture of Chewy and I for his phone, so I took this:
meandchews.jpg

I also took one of me and anakin
meandani.jpg

I didn't get one of kinobe because he doesn't tolerate being held like that very well! The lionheads don't mind but he does!

Great pics of both bun and you. I can never get a good one of me with my bun. They look great, it's me!

I think I would be so afraid to clip a parakeet's nail, they look so frail.

Helen, they are. They are so thin it was actually hard to cut them. But it was Adrians (The blue and green) who had two long nails..the rest where fine but I clipped all of them on both keets. I guess it is back out to find a concrete perch.

I decided to completley wait until I move to buy the bird cage..honestly six weeks isn't enough because all I can think about is how much stuff I had moving in..and how it has doubled (Possibly tripled) in size.

What really sucks is that we don't think we are going to get a second bedroom...I want to keep rent low. I have no desires to tax myself when I am already stressed out. So if we can find a 2bdrm for under 575, great. But I don't think it will happen. But, we did find places that are a lot bigger in our price range. Right now we are only like 585 sq feet, and some places were about 700+ for our price range.

I have my eye on these one apartments if we can't find our two bedroom...they have a 1 bdrm layout that would make it feel a lot larger for us.

I am almost starting to think I should start packing things like my winter gear and what not but I have no room for boxes to lay about.

It almost makes me want to stay in this apartment, LOL.

hmm...i moved into a 2bdrm wit 904sq ft for 589 a month and the neighborhood isnt to bad...so im sure you could find something.

i hate packing...stay organized! itll be easier unpacking

Five days without updating..I am sorry guys! I just have a lot going on.

I am not going to post it all on here..god knows the little stalker might babble about my posts so they can sit around and talk to make themselves feel better...

But I had some issues with my mother and job..but now it is kinda back into a normal state. My mom switched companies (I watch my brother since he is special needs) and got a $3 paycut as well as other issues. Now she switched AGAIN to another company who gives me the same pay as I originally had (no cut) but is a 20 mile distance.

20 miles may not sound like alot; but I am on a scooter that only goes 40mph and I can't go on freeways. The 10 mile drive I do now takes me about 35 minutes. So it will take me an hour drive in 110 heat to get to work now.

But I will work it out. It won't be such a problem MWF..but it will T and Th due to the fact I have school and I am working inbetween school classes.

Which I did start school this thursday..one of my classes seems really interesting and I am really excited for it. I am also taking German (James is a german major and speaks almost fluent)

In other news, we are NOT moving..that is right. Due to all my job problems, I decided to stay where I know I can afford rent. We could move to a slightly larger place for $125 more..but I would ahve to pay that out of pocket and I feel it is best not to worry about it. This isn't *quite* in stone..I am 99% sure, but on monday I am going to apartment finders just to make sure there isn't anything else.

If we stay here, it means no partner for Kinobe for another year. :/ and no kitty cat!

But it is also nice because I invested a little bit of money in organizer/storage stuff that has already helped a whole bunch making the place bigger and better. And now that the boys are litter trained it is much easier.

Which reminds me..when I get paid on the first I will be setting up Chewy's spay..a nice $300 but it should be worth it!

I do have some sad news...Pepper the mouse (Broken agouti) has passed away. I am not sure why or how. I found her in a hide. All of the other females are okay and doing well; so I am just not sure. It was really sad :(

Well, I will try to keep updating!

Onwards!

I live about 5 minutes away from Ikea. I have only been there three times with good reason! lol. I got some decor and organizer stuff. I am trying to sell my current bedframe so I can buy another one from there too.

I got this fabric and made it into a tapestry. It has bunnies on it!
ikea.jpg

ikea3.jpg

I also got a new duvet cover..it is covering a red/black comforter that I love (It is six years old..but it like on of those things you have "broke in" so perfectly you can't let go!) it matches the theme of my room which is primarily teal with other colors. You can see my other teal comforter. We have two because I have to sleep with one all by myself..I bundle myself in it.so it leaves james with no covers! lol.
ikea2.jpg

Then, Ikea had this really cool idea where you buy fabric by the yard, then you build the wood frame yourself and staple/nail the fabric to the frame making a canvas. My living room is based around Ansel Adam photography (Black and white) but it has specks of gold and tan (and I will be adding red but havent' found a good thing yet)
Photo-0525.jpg

I also got a couple of small picturs in frames but I forgot to take a photo.

I am kinda hopeful we don't move..because now with the new things I feel settled in. But I also know if we do it will be really espensive and what not..I really got to make a decision and here fast. Like I said..I am 99% sure we are not, but I get that "What if I can get a better deal" in my blood and it makes it hard to make decisions!

if you think you can do better then wait. if youre happy where you are then stay. love the new stuff though

Awesome finds! I've never been to Ikea before but I want to check it out sometime.

We were originally going to move, to try to find a cheaper place outside of the city. We pay over $1,000 a month for rent for our apartment plus we pay utilities, but it's right outside of NYC and is a spacious 3 bedroom apartment. I wouldn't really want anything smaller, but the apartments further away from the city are so much cheaper! My sister lives in upstate NY and she rents half a duplex for only like $700 plus utilities.

But now we've put so much into this apartment, decorating it and making it nice and stuff, that I think we'll probably just stay here until we can afford to buy our own house.

So sorry about Pepper!

Back