Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragonrain wrote:
Your hair looks good :)

Cute pictures of the pets! I'm not good at making stuff like that on the computer either but yours turned out well!

I love the growth pictures of your gecko. I think I might get another leo when the weather warms up again...hmm.

That's awesome about your new apartments pet policy. Sounds similar to what we have here...our landlords really don't care what pets we have as long as we don't trash the apartment. We don't have laundry in our apartment building at all, I have to go to the laundromat. It's annoying sometimes, but I'm use to it now I guess.

Hey have you ever used plants in your leo tanks? I was thinking of putting a potted plant in their tank, just for decoration, but I'm not sure if they'd just climb all over it and destroy it?
Yeah they just trample them :/
I never had any luck with them

Hmm so tuesday I had surgery on my mouth to remove one rotted tooth (pretty, I know) and one cracked/chipping tooth.

It was serious, and I had to pay out of pocket too.

Yesterday I was sick from the percosets because they didn't agree with me,

and now I am on vicoden and they aren't strong enough :(

:sweep

Oh my gosh that move was HORRIBLE! It took forever and was so tiring!

The new set up is interesting..

Our kitchen/dining room is about double the size of what it used to be, and has hardwood (linoleum) floors. Since our dining table is a 2 person tiny thing, the chinchilla cage is in the dining room and next to it is Chewy's and Anakins's 4x2 NIC cage.

Kinobe gets the bathroom as a "pen" at night

The problem is, he attacks Anakin when he is out for playtime.

Right now the solution is that I put them in the 2nd bedroom for playtime..but once we put the bed in there, there wont be much space for playtime.

Sooo yes...dilemma. I can't pen off the dining room either, it is too big.

I guess I will have to ration play time :(

Which makes me real sad because they won't get as much time now at all.

Once I move in completely I will post photos :)

meh a bed would be a fun addition to a play room, he can jump on it climb under it sleep on it and make it his :)

Yeah, but the last bed they had access too they ripped apart. So I will have to buy more NIC panels to block it off.

So, the set up is right now still Chewy and Anakin get the bedroom during the day, while Kinobe gets free roam *when we are there* since he was naughty..AND CHEWED ON CARPET AGAIN!!!

UGH! I swear sometimes. But he, in his justice, has been so adorable lately. And doing extremely well with the potty.

Their xmas presents where delivered yesterday while I was gone, and since I been at work all day today, I won't get them until tomorrow morning. I think I will go ahead and give it to them early :p

Although I have had major problems with my order from rabbitmart. One of the toys is on "backorder" and I won't get it until the first week of January! And they double charged my card and told me "It was my bank" No,I called my bank. Then it was magically removed!

Which really sucks because of all the sites they have the best things :p

Here is what I bought (Some are for rabbits, some for chins)
http://www.rabbitmart.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-33917

http://www.rabbitmart.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-26981

For Fat Hammie: http://www.rabbitmart.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-27421

http://www.rabbitmart.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-42708

http://www.rabbitmart.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-33106

Three of these: http://www.rabbitmart.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-42504

Aw cute stuff! I've never shopped there before but they look like they have some unique stuff.

I'm trying to decide if I want to give my bunnies their Christmas stuff early or wait till Christmas day. I kind of want to just give it to them early, since it's not like they understand Christmas anyways. But Chris wants me to wait. The lizards are getting their stuff early no matter what Chris says, because I don't want to spend my Christmas cleaning/rearranging lizard tanks!

fallow is the same way...super good sometimes then super bad. i didnt pay a deposit on the apartment but im sure ill be paying for new carpet lol

and their spoiled little pets for xmas, what did you get yourself? lol

Well, Kinobe has been behaving.

But I will tell you an in law rant...

My father in law will be staying 1-3 (at most) nights a week at our apartment because he works near us, but it is an hour drive for him to get back home. No problem right? Well he went and told my mother in law that I had the rabbits in "his" room (It isn't YOUR room!) and he doesn't want them in there. I have the reptiles in there as well, but I told him there was no way the reptiles where going (I have no where else to put them!)

So now I have to sneak the rabbits there when he doesn't stay..otherwise they don't get enough playtime (Because anakin and kinobe don't get along)

Basically it pisses me off. It isn't his house. They have 2 smelly french bulldogs that pee/poop in the house. I don't ask them to remove them.

Brenda, I am getting myself an eyeshadow, lol. That is it :p

Right? My boyfriends mother pays for his half of the rent, half of his electricity, and half the groceries. But it is still my name on the lease. She only pays half because he doesn't work (His "job" is being a student)

And to get the two bedroom, I have to pay an extra 100 month than I would in a 1bdrm. So why on earth am I paying for someone to live with me?

But they help out sometimes when money is tight..so I feed bad. What should I do?

I like to add, the rabbits dont' even live in the bedroom. They have playtime in the bedroom.

Aw that's an annoying situation. I guess you could just keep the rabbits out of the room while he's there, but let them in the room to run around when he's not around?

I kind of understand why it'd be awkward if they are paying half the rent...but really it's still you're apartment. It's there decision, and nice of them, to help out your boyfriend, but I don't think that really gives them the right to make decisions about your apartment. Maybe you should clarify, in a nice way, that it isn't his room, it's the guest room, and if he doesn't like the pets there then he doesn't have to stay there. It sounds like you're already going out of your way to be nice just by letting him stay there a few nights a week. I don't think I'd do that for my inlaws!

That's what I plan on doing most likely. It is just an hassle. And she only pays his rent because it is an agreement we came upon..so he does not have to work and can concentrate on school.

I forgot to post on here, I got some tattoo work done on my calf :)

It is an "Arizona" themed with a Waylon Jennings quote..behind the rattle snake (Where the blank space is) will be an arizona sunset..the gun is going to be copper/turquoise, the flower is an arizona poppy, and I have the Saguaro cactus with flowers.

I get color in on Jan 3rd.

Picture344.jpg

Picture345.jpg

Some random photos :) You may or may not have seen them..I am cleaning out my photobucket so I am just posting new/old ones.

box006.jpg

box001.jpg

bath057.jpg

bath034.jpg

sun017.jpg

bath030.jpg

credit005.jpg

park008.jpg

Nice ink! Post picture when you get the coloring done!

Adorable pictures of the pets! I need to clean out my photobucket eventually too. Almost time to start new albums for 2011!

So yesterday, my mother in law was on the phone with James, and his grandfather and her made a joke about taking a shotgun, yes, a shutgun, to my rabbits. She didn't think I could hear (Or didn't know I was there)

I don't know why people think jokes about murdering other people's pets is funny...it is honestly horrific.

If I was to say that about a dog, it would be a whole different story.

I lost my temper and went on a hour rant about awful it is to say something like that, which promoted James to get angry that I was insulting his family.

But really, what kind of sick people do that? People with no concern for others, that is for sure.

I have also decided to put a foot down on the whole Father in Law being a guest. He will have to deal with living with us, and I don't mind making accommodations, but I am not going to inconvenience myself in my own home. It will probably start a fight, but I don't care.

OMG! How horrible! I'm very defensive with my "kids", I think I would have had some choice words for them. Sometimes people are so inconsiderate!. I've had people comment about my buns in a negative way until I respond in the same manner about their dog or cat.

both mine and llew's dad make jokes about making rabbit stew, but the difference is, deep down we know they both love the buns... and our dads are both the type of people who make jokes about everything so we let it slide.

it does get annoying sometimes though, just start making jokes about her husband and taking a shotgun to him, see what she says then, lol x

Latest posts

Back