Myia's Bunny Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinobe is really photogenic..I got some cute photos

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

Hmm, so I guess I need to post an "animal update"

In the first post of my blog, I had two leos (Sunglow, Tangelo) that I was going to use in a separate breeding project. But since I decided to stick with snows, they have gone to new homes (If anyone is wondering)
I know people don't like "rehoming" but when your breeding, it is different (Esp reptiles) all the leos I have now are pets forever however.

Right now, I have 5 leopard geckos, 1 crested gecko, and the 3 snakes.

I have 2 chinchillas, my third, Romeo Passed away :(

I have my 4 mice, and 1 hamster.

I have my one betta still, thankfully, despite some problems.

And of course, my three rabbits.

I lost a lot of pets this year :( It makes me really sad

*hugs* In a week I will have lost 3gps, 2dogs, and 2 rabbits in the last year.

I get the whole leo thing. I am learning a lot on that forum. I have a few in mind for what I would like. I am sure I want very different look than my current girls.

I have fallen in love with AFTs. I am in contact with a breeder near Boston.

On a viper note. We are in LOVE with them. We call them our little ninjas.

Hello, :) I really like your blog. Since the first page, love the way you make up ;) The eye liner make you sexy ( hehe true) :) and yes ! Love love love your buns, Kinobe has hopped into my heart since the first pic of him. Also I just wanna hug hug hug your chinchillas ! Oh, I must admit, normally I'm not a big fan of reptile, but yours are pretty. They have so beautiful colours. Can't wait to see more and more and more !
Nice to meet you and your gang ;)

Vircia.

Hey guys.

So I posted this on bunspace and didn't get an actual answer..but now I am just dealing with it.

Kinobe and Anakin hate each other..I mean hate. I can't cage one and have one out, they fight through the bars. Kinobe has ruined our door of our apartment bedroom (We have to replace it) due to digging/biting it to GET TO Anakin.

Well, two things happened. I got bit trying to separate them:
bite.jpg

And then Kinobe's ear got bit. I took him to the vet and he is okay, no issues.

But it just really is difficult for me.

I am really tired of having Chewy and Anakin in the bedroom only, because it takes away time. And when I do take them out, Kinobe after wards scent marks and poops everywhere.

In the new apartment, out space is completely different and it may turn into they have to have cages next to each other. But that just won't work...they will fight.

So I am really worried about what to do..and the quality of their lives. I spend lots of time with Chewy and Anakin, and they are free roam (Except when I am sleeping) in the bedroom (Which is large) but I worry that it isn't enough not to be in the living space with us more often (Now it is only like an hour a day) I am also afraid one of them is going to get injured.

Idk. :/ boy bunnies.

Be careful with them fighting between the bars. I don't know if you've noticed my Barnaby's messed up nose, but that's how he got it! I was pet sitting a rabbit for a friend and he attacked Barnaby through the cage bars, and tore Barnaby's nose almost completely off! Luckily Barnaby is fine and he healed quickly, but his nose looks really weird now on one side.

I would find a way to put some kind of barrier or something between them. Maybe if you can, have them both in pens, NIC or Xpens or whatever, but make sure the two pens are separated by at least a few inches so they can't reach each other through the bars. Does that make sense? Even if they are in cages next to each other, keep the cages far apart enough that they can't reach. You shouldn't have to space them too far apart to make it so they can't reach each other. Or put something in between the two cages. Maybe a sheet of chloroplast or something?

i use cardboard between the cages temporarily...but my boys dont hate each other that much to instigate and continue fighting lol...try spray botte? maybe kinoboe is jealous and wants a friend

I need to try to take another photo of the bite..it is really ugly looking, lol.

Yeah, I will just have to put barriers or something. Boys, I swear. Never a good idea to get two :p

Kinobe..well he must be 5lbs now. When he got his nueter he was 4.1...but now he weighs a TON. I need to start regulating his pellets again :p

What a fattie.

Has anyone else seen this bunny whipped site? I love it.
I want to order a magnet of the cord chewing on and the "more people I meet"

http://www.cafepress.com/bunnywhipped

hehe it is so cute!

Hope your bite heals up well!

I know...boys! I don't think I'll ever have two boy rabbits at the same time again after dealing with my current too. I love them both, but they can be so temperamental towards each other. Luckily they aren't as bad as your two sound though!

That site is awesome! I want to order stuff from there for myself after Christmas.

Hmm so I am packing. Our move in date is technically Wendsday, but due to lack of movers, we won't move in completely until saturday. However, I want to get books/ect out of the way.

This is the plan I have (I stress the "I" part)

Wednesday I sign my lease..Thursday I don't have to work, so after school were going to bring the reptiles to the apartment (So we only have the mammals to move on moving day) *If I am lucky* James friend might help us move some boxes Thursday so really all we have to worry about Saturday is furniture. But they may not happen.

It is going to be interesting, nonetheless. LOL.

Good luck with the moving! Moving can be stressful but it's exciting/fun at the same time. Or at least I think so. I use to move around a ton between MA and NJ when I went to school in MA but Chris lived in NJ. Now I've been living here for about 2 years, I think this is the longest I've stayed in one apartment since I moved out of my parents house when I was 18.

Take pictures of the new place once you get settled in more! Do they have a good pet policy? Hopefully they do!

Yeah, I am a huge homebody though and hate to move.

But, the place is so much better for us. It is larger, and better located.

And they do! I guess I forgot to mention..they allow rabbits and all exotics. Even with no pet deposit. I was like "Where do I sign?!"

The only downside is it is community laundry (ugh) and no covered parking (which sucks for my scooter) and that our apartment faces the busy street, but once you close the door you can't hear much of it. But it is like 875 sq feet for $600 a month. Right now at my current place, they jacked up the price $100..so I was like..for only $100 more, I can get a two bedroom, shorter commute to WORK and SCHOOL, and have my rabbits? Yeah, it was a no brainer.

Hey, I also put purple in my hair the other day. I felt like sooooo many people had red hair..I needed it to be a bit different.

IMG_1086.jpg

hmm I totally did this for my gecko first, but then did it for the bunnies!

Not the best, but I am not good with stuff like this
anakin.jpg

chewy.jpg

crestedgeckos.jpg

ssengima.jpg

Your hair looks good :)

Cute pictures of the pets! I'm not good at making stuff like that on the computer either but yours turned out well!

I love the growth pictures of your gecko. I think I might get another leo when the weather warms up again...hmm.

That's awesome about your new apartments pet policy. Sounds similar to what we have here...our landlords really don't care what pets we have as long as we don't trash the apartment. We don't have laundry in our apartment building at all, I have to go to the laundromat. It's annoying sometimes, but I'm use to it now I guess.

Hey have you ever used plants in your leo tanks? I was thinking of putting a potted plant in their tank, just for decoration, but I'm not sure if they'd just climb all over it and destroy it?

Latest posts

Back