My newest foster should be here tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all are never going to believe this.

The OTHER current bunny owner, the one with the 'rex' said she'll meetme at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. And guess what... It's a female... it'schinchilla colored....it's a lop.

I give up!

You're kidding, right?

Ok, you have too many gorgous buns already...I'll just "borrow" one of the fosters for a bit, sound good to you? :bunnydance:

LOL - you're opening your own "Chinchilla Lop Rescue". haha. You had 1 Chance... now you have 3!!

Can't wait to see pictures!

_________
Nadia

MyBoyHarper wrote:
ML, she just LOOKS like a girl doesn't she? Very prim andproper looking. And you can tell he's a rugged 'ol boy, all rough andrugged lookin'. ;)
I was just about to say that! She looks so feminine.:)

MyBoyHarper wrote:

Y'all are never going to believe this.

The OTHER current bunny owner, the one with the 'rex' said she'll meetme at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. And guess what... It's a female... it'schinchilla colored....it's a lop.

I give up!

:roflmao:

I wanna scream! What is it with female chinchilla lops! Ahhhh!

Well, the girl coming tomorrow says the rabbit is mean andunsocialized. She got it a year ago from a pet store and it's beenlocked in a cage since because she lives in a dorm and couldn't take itout and didn't have time. Nice.

Can't wait to see them! No info yet from the New Orleans bunny "Trixie"(The one pictured with Chance), we should know something tonight.

MyBoyHarper wrote:
Well, the girl coming tomorrow says the rabbit is mean andunsocialized. She got it a year ago from a pet store and it's beenlocked in a cage since because she lives in a dorm and couldn't take itout and didn't have time. Nice.
:(Poor girl.

Keep us updated!:D

Will do! I'm meeting her about 3:30 (she getsout of class at 3 she said). We're meeting at the rescue, and it takesme about an hour to get home. So I'll probably have news and picturesaround 6or 7pm tomorrow night. Poor bunny, I feel so bad forher when I heard how much solitude she was in. The girl obviously caredfor the bunny, she went out and bought her a new cage and everything,but said that her classes got harder, so she didn't have as much time.Then people begin noticing the bunny in the dorm more, so she had tohide it more often as well. So the rabbit was pretty much denied anytype of attention, though I believe the owner had the bunnies bestinterest in mind, which is why she is re-homing her.

I can't wait to see her, but I am TRULY excited about Trixie comingfrom New Orleans this weekend. Chance says he can't wait to meet her.:cool:

Okay, finally got everything together.

The lop from New Orleans is meeting me at 10am on Saturday morning at a Petsmart in Baton Rouge.

The 'rex' from Hammond is meeting me tomorrow at 3:30pm at the rescue in Baton Rouge.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to post in the infirmary about not one, but two, sick bunnies. :sigh

I hope this isn't going to be too much for youat this point and time. I really do. You'rehandling so much right now and I know it came out of theblue. I hope it all works out.:)

Actually, I just called my friend at the rescueand told her I may not be able to pick up the foster tomorrow, and madesome plans for her to hold on to her. She's going on her honeymoon andis getting others to watch the bunnies. She understood, of course, so Imay not be getting tomorrow's foster after all. I told her it dependson what the vet says. At his point, I'm not sure how much I can handle(and I'm not just talking about the amount of bunnies).

I'm glad you were able to make otherarrangements. It wasn't going to be easy to get another furry to takecare of when you have two sick already.

I ended up getting today's foster anyways. Myfriend said she really needed me to, because she's going on herhoneymoon this weekend, had no one to take the rabbit, was low onsupplies for another rabbit, and had no one around to monitor a newrabbit (we monitor all new rabbits closelyfor 5-7 days tomake sure they aren't sick).

The girl made a typo in her e-mail, and it was meant to say that she isNOT a lop eared rabbit. She's a 5 pound standard chinchilla female whois meaner than a raging bull. Which is what she acts like.

But she came from one heck of a home. With her came tons of toys andsupplies, and 4 bags of the finest bunny items, such as hay balls, hayracks, good food, expensive litter and bedding, water bottle, foodrack, ect. And a $150, nearly new, 3 story PetSmart cage. So yeah, thisbunny was one spoiled bunny.

Here's her picture, her name is Lily...

lily8.jpg

Alert! Alert! Masie Look alike!! :D

:happydance. She is SO cute!! I guess she is a bit feisty from her description?

Aww! I hope she settles in! Hopefully once she gets to know you she'll calm down a bit.

cmh, she's in college and got her from a petstore a year ago. She lives in a dorm, and was told Lily was anetherland dwarf and wouldn't grow to be big. But she grew to be huge.But people were finding out about her in the dorm, and she was becomingtoo big to hide, so she had to just let her go. Plus, school is gettingharder and she felt like she wasn't able to spend as much time withher. She said she loved her very much and just wanted to be happy, andfelt she could be happier with someone who could spend a little moretime with her, and let her out of her cage more.

Yep, she's mean. Pure hateful. The girl said she had no idea why, butit began when she his puberty and only got worse. The girl obviouslyknew how to care for a bunny, and how to hold her properly, so wereally believe it's just her personality.

Sorry, is she spayed?

She was probably stuck in a cage more than you know and had hands andstuff sticking and poking her, I wouldn't doubt that.Something had to have made her this way.

Back