My newest foster should be here tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine isn't up on the site yet...

I need to work with him alot more. Same here we said if things getbetter, or he is more than six months he isn't leaving. Shocker is myhusband said that! We both adore him.

I love that uppy eared girl! There'ssomething about cage aggressive girl bunnies- I'm not afraid of themand they have such cheeky personalities! I bet she'll calmdown a ton once she's allowed to hop in and out of her cage on her own,and after she's spayed. She's acting exactly like Sprite didwhen I first got her, and like Mocha did when she was a baby and Ithought I was supposed to pick her up in her cage to let her out (badidea!).

Seriously, she's not *that* aggressive in my mind because she's onlydefending herself, not really attacking you. Actually, I wantyou to try something while you have her. Give her a noisy toylike a cat ball with a bell, and see if she'll redirect her aggressionto that. I saw she was already redirecting some of heraggression to the litter in her cage, which is good. Findingan acceptable outlet for aggression made living with Sprite a loteasier, and more fun.

Any chance you could ask her adoptive family to join RO? I'd like to see how she does.

Angela, yesterday I actually picked up a largecat ball with a bell in it, it's almost like the one from Petco. I gotit from a store here called Dollars and Cents (not sure if the chain isin other states or not). I never even opened it yet, but I'lldefinitely give it to her tonight. I'm also going to give her a newstuffy or two. I have a whole bag I get from the thrift store for whennew foster bunnies come, they each get their own stuffy or two, and itgoes with them when they leave.

Oh Jade, forgot to mention, Trixie is gettingspayed next week. We try to spay and neuter all the rabbits before theyleave the shelter, and she's getting done next week. Lily will be goingin right after as well, we're giving her more time to adjust beforeputting her through that.

The only bad part is, after she is spayed and heals, I am going toallow her and Chance to play together every now and then. Hopefullythey don't steal my heart away, LOL.

It's hard to say no sometimes. I think of itthis way I know I have atleast one that can run major vet bills,possibly two. Than I have four others that could get sick. That isatleast six with possiblehigh vet cost.Can I affordanother?

Aww she is gorgeous!!! I'd come and adopt her ifI could :) She looks like a real sweetie pie :) She'll be a tough oneto give up!!:bunnydance:

My guess is that Lily is going to turn out tobe a sweetie, with tons of personality, once she feels secure and thehormones have calmed down. She doesn't strike me as being terriblyaggressive, just protective of her space.

naturestee wrote:
I love that uppy earedgirl! There's something about cage aggressive girl bunnies-I'm not afraid of them and they have such cheekypersonalities! I bet she'll calm down a ton once she'sallowed to hop in and out of her cage on her own, and after she'sspayed. She's acting exactly like Sprite did when I first gother, and like Mocha did when she was a baby and I thought I wassupposed to pick her up in her cage to let her out (bad idea!).

Seriously, she's not *that* aggressive in my mind because she's onlydefending herself, not really attacking you. Actually, I wantyou to try something while you have her. Give her a noisy toylike a cat ball with a bell, and see if she'll redirect her aggressionto that. I saw she was already redirecting some of heraggression to the litter in her cage, which is good. Findingan acceptable outlet for aggression made living with Sprite a loteasier, and more fun.

How's Lily doing? She's such a pretty girl. Anymore pictures of her.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

Back