My newest foster should be here tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SM.... O..M..G... I want I want I want!! I lovewhite bunnies. I love giant white bunnies more. I love GIANT LOP EAREDWHITE BUNNIES the most! *Melts*

Oh, by the way... :waiting:

MBH, I'm getting very jealous looking at allthese pictures of the French Lops, and to boot you'll be fostering onetomorrow. I didn't even know anything about them before lastweekend now I really want one. Now I only have to talk myhusband into letting me get one. Yeah sure that's not goingto happen.

Make sure you post a picture as soon as you get home. Maybe I will have to take a trip to Louisiana tomorrow. LOL

Susan:bunnydance:

LOL Susan, c'mon down!

I am hoping and praying it's a french lop. By all means, it sounds likeone. I don't have the original e-mail, the other girl does but I'll gether to foward it to me. She also talked to us on the phone thismorning. Here's what she told us:

She said she lived in New Orleans and found a bunny one morning whilejogging downtown. She brought it to one of the big exotics vets in NO(also on HRS's website) and has done so since having him for checkups.She also litter pan trained him and has him on top notch rabbit food.

So she really acts like she knows what she's talking about. We usually get rabbits from people who are clueless to their care.

She said she is giving him up because she's had no choice but to househim outdoors, and down here in south Louisiana, it's very hard to dothat unless you are extremely prepared. Even when prepared, the rescuehas even lost a few bunnies to the extreme temps.

She said after doing plenty research online she said he was definitelya french lop, not a holland or mini which she is familiar with. Shethen took him to a rabbit exotics vet, who also deemed him a 'verylarge' french lop. So we have much hope that he is a true french lop!

Oh, forgot to mention -- same with the 'standardrex'. In the first e-mail she sent us, she said that she got a mini,turned out to be a standard, and has pretty and soft fur. Whenquestioned some more, the more she described it the more it soundedlike a standard rex-- chinchilla colored. But we aren't 100%sure until tomorrow.

Susan, no idea with a time. The girl wassupposed to contact us back this evening, so we're just waiting on her.She's a student at one of the university's here so it'll probably betomorrow afternoon sometime. This is the for 'rex' rabbit.

The lop, we dunno yet. We'll be talking to that lady tonight ortomorrow and setting up a time, probably for sometime this weekend.

Oooh how exciting!!! They both sound likegorgeous buns...the problem will be if you fall in love with them andcan't give them up :) That would be my problem!!

I would love to foster buns!! It's something I may have to look to inthe future, as my husband's just resigned himself to our new bunny!!!(He's very nice to little Flopsy Bun-Bun but does make rude commentsabout him behind his back!!!!)

Cheers
Fiona

NEWS UPDATE!

The girl with the LOP eared rabbit just sent us photo's and the custodyform. Well, I got my hopes up for nothing. It's not a 'french' lop.It's a standard mini lop, possibly a holland lop. It had its vet checkin Jan. '07 and got a clean bill of health.

And it's a female.

And it's a snuggle bunny.

... And it's Chance's identical twin. :inlove:

Ohhhh man, this is gonna be one hard foster. Here's pictures of "Trixie"...

lop1.jpg

lop3.jpg

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Wow, what do you think?
*Sigh* What do I think...

I think I want her, but really know I can't have her (as a permanent.Foster yes.) We wanted to get Chance a girlfriend and have beenconsidering it because he's so playful and loves to hang around Thumperbut Thumper doesn't like him. And it's two unneutered boys (thoughChance will be neutered soon, Thumper will never be able to beneutered).

And she's so perect. She's his size, his breed, his color, she's afemale, with the perfect attitude and submissive just like him. I thinkshe's just perfect in every way. Except for one tiny little detail. Idon't need another (permanent) rabbit. :shock:

I do believe everything happens for a reason (which is why my boys cameinto my life, two as fosters, and ended up staying there. Because theywere meant to be there. I'm going to leave it up to God and let himdecide. If she's meant to be with Chance, then she will be.

For now, she's just going to be fostered and hopefully I don't fall (too) in love. :cool:

Oooh she IS beautiful!!! And so like Chance...

And Chance DOES need a girlfriend :) :)

If you weren't so far away from me, I'd come up to your place and kidnap the both of them :) :hearts

On a more serious note...I'm sure that whatever is the right thing foryou and for the bun will happen :) If she's meant to stay with you, shewill...and if she's meant to be someone else's heart bunny then she'llfind that person!!

Now I just have to set up a time and place withthe current owner of the lop. We're never allowed to do anythinguntilone of us(at the rescue) haveasigned custody form in hand. I just got the form tonight, so now wehave the go-ahead to schedule a meet-up somewhere in Baton Rouge. Sheshould be sending us the info first thing in the morning, and themeet-up will probably be this weekend. This is due to the fact that weboth have long drives, and I think she works during the day. However,it may be sooner, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

The college girl with thepossible rexrabbit nevercontacted us back. So I doubt I'll be getting that rabbit tomorrow,it'll most likely be Thursday at the earliest. We haven't gotten acustody form from her either, so nothing can be done right now anyways.

No word yet from the lop owner about a time and place. Hopefully we'll know something this evening. :waiting:

I'm a bit aggrivated cause the 'rex' owner never contacted us back. AndI'm used to this all the time when we get calls for surrenders, but Ireally wanted to see if it was a standard rex! Poopy.

Hehe, I love it! Almost mirror images. You don'tsee that kind of colouring in bunnies here much (are they chinchillacoloured?) it's really beautiful.

I lover her prim little mouth, what a doll-face :D.

Don't you know Chance is a stud muffin and has ladies all across the US? He's a pimp, yo. :cool:

I'm gonna post that pic in the rabbitry... she has short ears and diff.face than him. He's a mini, she almost looks like a holland. I may bewrong.

Back