My newest foster should be here tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ec, I noticed that as well, so I won't be doingit anymore. But she still has a pending adoption with someone who isprepared to work with her behavior. So I'm really pleased about that.

I'm happy to hear about the adoption, and really think spaying will help a lot.

Sorry for running on a bit; the subject of "bad rabbits" gets to me.I've never had a cage-protective bun, so I'm in no position to commenton that from personal experience, but I do have a used-to-be-VERY-nippygirl who isn't anymore. I can't explain my persistence with her, exceptto say that I became attached to her very quickly and that herpersonality grabbed me from the get-go. the bruises weren't fun, butthe bunny certainly is - very loving, too. (Though still a littlespitfire at times!) ;)

MyBoyHarper wrote:
K back. This video is mostly cage aggression, she was worselast night and early this morning -- ramming the cage with her head andgrowling nonstop. :shock:And of course, latching onto my hand.

A minute ago she wasn't quite as bad, but still has an attitude problemand some serious cage aggession issues. If you want to hear hergrowling, turn up the volume. My camera has really bad audio.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i115/spookyjr/?action=view&current=45d6efe9.flv

OH MY GOD!

That was Samantha.

Do you know if her previous owners scruffed herat all? She seems to be get moreagitated after you havereached to pet her from the top. I wonder if she might have beenmishandled and scruffed by the pet store. Does she act the same if youhave your hand lower, but not reaching above her to pet her?

I hope she calms down a bit. Glad to hear that the people interested in adopting her are willing to work at her behavior :).

Oh man...and I was going to say that I wanted her too!

Really!

That's exactly what Miss Bea was like and what Minnie has been like(she's getting better and lets me put my hand in and touch her).

She's so scared. My heart goes out to her...poor baby.

If the adoption falls through - and they would consider letting meadopt her - let me know. I'd have to meet someone between here andthere (I'm 8 hours west of Houston)....

She would never be bred here....

Poor baby - I cried when i watched her. She needs some loving so bad......

Peg

MyBoyHarper wrote:
ec, I noticed that aswell, so I won't be doing it anymore. But she still has a pendingadoption with someone who is prepared to work with her behavior. So I'mreally pleased about that.

I live a few thousand miles from you folks - ifI were closer, I believe I'd have offered to take her. She *does* needlove, poor girl.

Peg, I'm the foster and I'm the next step downin the rescue from my friend who owns it. I get just as much decisionwho adopts her and who doesn't. The pending adoption is only becausethe person who filled out the 'interest' form included her. Thatdoesn't mean anything.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're willing to adopt her, I will giveher to YOU above anyone else! If you want her, I will absolutely worksomething out with you, because I know she would be going to the mostloving home imagineable.

*Getting all enthusiastic that Lily may be going home with Peg*

:elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors::elephant::bunnydance::colors:

UPDATE ON TRIXIE (THE LOP) --

It's 8:30 am and I am about to leave right now to go make the trip toget Trixie, Chance's long lost twin. I'll be back around noon with manypictures! :hyper:

In the meantime, this should hold y'all over:

trixieandchance.jpg

lop3.jpg

:inlove:

We're home! Wow, Trixie is one big girl. Sheweighed 5 pounds in January when the previous owner found her (supernice woman, this rabbit was freakin' spoiled!) and she weighs almost 7pounds now. What a beautiful (and a little chunky) girl!

She is everything you could ever want in a rabbit. Super sweet, LOVESto be petted, cuddled, picked up, comes up to me for loving, jumps inmy lap... wow, what an awesome bunny. She wasn't here less than 10minutes and she did a binky and TWO dead bunny flops! What. A.Sweetheart!

Without further ado, here's pictures of Trixie!

"Ahhhh, there's the spot!"
trixie1.jpg

"Phffffftttttttt!" (Notice the tongue)
trixie2.jpg

"Wheeeeee!!" (This was part of her binky, but I cut her head off the pic, oops!)
trixie3.jpg

"Hey, any treats up here?"
trixie4.jpg

"I'm going to meet a man?! I better clean myself up!"
trixie5.jpg

"I think I'll just stop for a rest to freshen up..."
trixie6.jpg

trixie7.jpg

trixie8.jpg

"Hey world, check out this bootylicious bunny butt!"
trixie9.jpg

"Hi Mom, mind if Isniff aroundin your lap for some treats? I know you're hiding them!"
trixie10.jpg

SO cute!!!

:bunnydance:

I second that. She needs some time toadjust and have some space, in my opinion. I think if yougave her a couple days, she'll be feeling more comfortable.

The more she sees you're willing to take the time (once she's comfy), the more she'll come around. :)

ec...you're so sweet. Thank you for theencouragement. I'm just so dang used to cats, and so muchbetter at predicting what's going on with them. Hehe...butI'm gettin' there, I think! :)

ec wrote:
I was just happy to seethat I could actually identify bunny behaviour correctly...I've felt soinadequate in that area...

time to stop beating up on yourself about that, Rosie - you're such acareful, patient observer of bunny behavior and personality. I knowthat from reading your posts. :)

MBH, she probably won't go after you if you give her some more breathngroom. I'd really try to *not* be reaching into her cage when she'sinside it. This isn't meant as a criticism, but I could see her gettingmore upset through the course of the video.

I think she was trying to say "Please leave me alone" in the only way she knows.

I'm going to start Trixie her own blog soon,since she doesn't have a current pending adoption and may be here awhile. Here are some more pictures of Trixie from just a minute ago.

"Who? Me?"
trixie-pic1.jpg

"Ready or not, here I come!"
trixie-pic2.jpg

trixie-pic4.jpg

"Oooo, are these for me?"
trixie-pic3.jpg

:disgust:
trixie-pic5.jpg

trixie-pic6.jpg

"Hey mom, check out my cool new toy!"
trixie-pic7.jpg

One relaxed bunny coming right up!
trixie-pic9.jpg

"Heyyyyy, I was napping!"
trixie-pic10.jpg

trixie-pic11.jpg

"What'sover here, more treats?"
trixie-pic12.jpg

"You know you can't resist this face!"
trixie-pic13.jpg

trixie-pic14.jpg

"This is my grumpy face, watcha think??"
trixie-pic15.jpg

Sttttttrrrrreeeeetttttcccccchhhhhhhh
trixie-pic16.jpg

"Ahhhh, this is the life..."
trixie-pic17.jpg

And lastly, here's Trixie striking a pose...
trixie-pic8.jpg

1dog3cats17rodents wrote:
You are keeping her right:stikpokeOf courseyou are
Well, she's pretty darn passive, and so is Chance, which is great. Andwhile I'd love to get Chance a girlfriend, and I know he'd really enjoyhaving a friend around, no I am not keeping her unfortunately.

*hugs MBH*

I know the feeling we adore Desi and he is such a doll but we have to cosider the others first.

Speakin' of Desi, he's absolutely adorable! Ijust came from his blog a few minutes ago, what a cutie! He woulddefinitely be a hard one for me to part with. Trixie's going to be ahard one too, especially if she stays here a while. We've had somegorgeous rabbits stay at the rescue well over a year, so who knows, ifTrixie's still here a year from now, I may be better able to care forher and decide to keep her.

Until then, my gorgeous girl is up for adoption. :(

Latest posts

Back