My Magical Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so were back from the vet ....we were sent home with Neo -poly-dex eye ointment ...he did the dye thing and its not an ulcer .. we are goin back tomorrow to his other location cuz he didnt have the eye pressure machine at this location....he said the blueish tint is cuz theres swelling behind the cornea ,he said its not in the pupil or the iris ..hes a little stumped at what it could be but he needs to do the pressure test to see about glaucoma...he also said that the other eye looks like it might be starting to do the same thing...dammmmm...i did read something online about a line of Thriantas with cloudy eyes in the Nw...maybe maybe?..dammmm again...Flashie did not handle this visit very well..i know most bunnies dont but he was goin into meltdown on me....and we have to do it again tomorrow ..my poor boog...he doesnt understand all the poking and prodding ...breaks my heart to see him so scared....but he is healthy otherwise so i gotta keep a positive attitude about this...i mean it could be worse..the couple in the room next to us was putting down their 12 year old dog and they were sobbing so loud that Matt and I started tearing up...what do u guys think?..i guess i gotta wait for the pressure test and go from there huh.

im gonna copy and paste this in my "something growing on Flashies eye" thread

Flash Gordon wrote:
...i guess i gotta wait for the pressure test and go from there huh.
:yeahthat: It is difficult not to jump to all sorts of conclusions and make yourself worry too much to the point of feeling sick. Just don't forget to breathe tonight, and take it all one step at a time. The appointment will hopefully tell you so much more than speculations ever will.

:pray:Sending good thought for you and Flashy

myheart

oh myheart...just breathe is exactly what i needed to do.....something so basic but u still gotta remind me to do it..hehe..thanks :)

julie,trist and nikki..my poor flashie hes so upset with me and all i wanna do is make him feel better...i just had to put a 1/4 inch of eye antibiotic in his eyes ,,,it was no easy task i tell u .he did not wanna let me pry his eyeballs open to get it in...then Matt showed me that if u push on his eyeball then pry it open,his whole eye is wide open huge..but geez its not easy being rough with a bun when ur so used to handling them so delicately...BUT i had to buck up and do it .poor boy has a huge greasy fur ring all the way around his eyes ..hes more then mad ,,,hes fumin.
what is making me stress right now is ..i really wanted my vet to know EXACTLY what it is and start some kinda fix or slow down of the inevitable in most eye diseases..which is loss of some amount of sight.im gonna go research that line of Thriantas that i heard about that all have cloudy eyes...hugs my friends thanks for being here when i needed ya...and letting me ramble:twitch:

:hug2:Not knowing can be so hard... I'm glad you are able to take him in today. Hopefully, they will have proper answers for you then. I so hear you about how hard it is to be a bit more, hmm what's the word, tough with him. Smores is putting me through the same with being forcefed. He HATES it and flicks his feet madly at me after to let me know just how annoyed he is with me. Does Flashie do that too? Thinking of you! I hope Flashie won't be too upset about another visit today. :)

it was hard giving bunbun eye drops too. luckily he trances easily the minute he is held like a baby so it got easier once we discovered that.

I'm thinking about you and Flashie xo

you guys are the best!! especially since ive been stressing about Flashie...the vet visit today still leaves us clueless..but we did the pressure test for Glaucoma and its all good..the pressure was 17...and i THINK that i read somewhere between 17-25 was acceptible..so he asked me is Flashies ever been off balance...eeek! scared the poop outta me cuz i knew he was wondering about E.cuniculi ..but hes never showed any signs of that to date...were gonna keep using the eye gel that he prescribed and were gonna talk to him at the end of the week unless it gets worse....................im worried.

copied and pasted from my thread again.:) cuz im feeling lazy ...

Oh Lisa. So sorry I wasn't here. It's been crazy since we've got here, at parents'. His mom is sick , so I'm the one who clean and cook for everyone. :(
How's Flashie doing now ? It's hard to give him eye drops ? Well, who likes medecine,right ? I hope it's nothing serious. I hate waiting without a clue too. Don't worried ok ? I know it's easy to say..but thing's gonna be okay. He's a brave and healthy boy. You both will easily get through this.
Hugs for my best friend and her baby boy " Lovely Flashie " :)
:feelbetter:

Lisa, I know exactly what you're going through with the eye meds....

I had to hold Pickles everytime so Craig could put the meds in, I couldn't do both and he wouldn't let Craig hold him, he was calm in my arms though.

It's been like 2 weeks since I stopped Pickles meds and he STILL has funky fur around his eyes from the greasy meds, he looks so pitiful.

I really hope these meds work and his eyes clear up, my poor Flashie boy :heartbeat: Wish I was closer so I could help you.

A Merriest Christmas to you and yours! I hope this Christmas is magical and sweet. Thinking of you and Flashie. I'm sending you lots of hugs as you deal with Flashie's eye and the unknowns revolving around it. He's so lucky to have you, doting on him and nursing him as you do. Thank you for posting the adorable card on my blog, it made me smile lots!

:hugsquish::bouquet:

Merry Christmas to you my dearest friend.
May this holy season be filled with love and joy.
Happy Hoppy New year too.

Love,

Vircia

PS : So thankful that we've met here on RO :)

Virc ,,i liked when u sang Merry Christmas that was stinkin cute!..thank u :)
Nela thanks so much for the Christmas wishes and the hugs cuz we need it right now:)
Brandy ..i could def use ur help with the Flasher:):)..hes such a sweet boy but those ointments are so icky..
Trist ..i dont know it just seems like it looks a little better but on the other hand it looks like it has moved in his eye...like its going toward the front of his eye now...weird...and i think ive figured out a way to get the ointment in his eye without him goin ballistic...so that makes things easier around here for both of us...cuz getting Matt to lend a hand is close to impossible.and when he does he just gets in the way anyways..hehe

men do tend to get in the way of this things, sometimes ;)
of course, they could probably say the same thing about us lol

Can viruses cause what's happening to Flashie? Could it be that it will run its course? Poor Flashie :( I hate to hear when they get something wrong. The stress is awful and the rollercoaster ride is intense.

mucho hugs..
:hugsquish:

Sage bunny has died...the bunny that i took from a guy who said a coyote attacked him..he had his leg amputated and found a mate who he bonded to and both were adopted out together ... i guess he had an upper respiratory infection and has been on antibiotics and he just passed ..im so sad for him..he finally had a life like every bunny out there should have and he died...
RIP my sweet Sage...:tears2:
sage-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back