My Bohemian Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Babyboy is an escape artist.
He was in the small walk in closet, litterbox on one side, babygate up and because he can CLIMB yes CLIMB the gate, I had to close the door an ittybitty today.
well, he climbed the gate AND he opened the door with his head and out he was..

there was our Manu. omg. yes, the cat.
what happened?

She goes up to him and I make a move to run and she sits down and starts licking his head, groomed him all over until he looked a mess. he licked her back, nudged her with his head and she licked him again.

WHAT??

I am so confused.

anyway, they were well supervised by me and my daughter, some pics of the night :)

13748_152320_460000001.jpg

The three looking for the escape exit. Manu is the black kitty in back, Cassie with no claws is in front. Cassie hates my babyboy but has no claws. He is the first bunny she has disliked but she is old.. and cranky.

13748_152318_530000000.jpg

hmmm.. can I make it huhhuh??

13748_152318_540000001.jpg

I'm going for it....

13748_152318_550000002.jpg

mommy called me over.. hugs and cuddles are better than escape.. for now muhahahahha..

and so now, he is in that kitchen again, with that babygate AND a massive dresser which is 6 feet tall in front of that door at night.. OY.
and he continues to pee and poop anywhere his princely self deems worthy including those jammie pants I am wearing in the last picture!!!

but I mean really LOOK at that sweet face in the last picture... :heartbeat:

Tristana, I'm so sorry that I didn't visit your blog for a long time. Love love love your pic. You're look gorgeous. :) hehe, all my friends on RO are so pretty :) You and Lis,hehe. Now I'm scared to put my pic, lol :D kidding.
Your pets are lovely, how are your bunnies doing ? How are you ? I read a post of yours about Bunbun's stinky :) You mean stinking cute !!! hahaha I'm sure he is, he's soooo cute. Okay back to scent glands, did you clean his yet ? How did it go ? Kimiko doesn't like it much. I never did it alone, I need hubby's help. She keeps kicking, I guess she wants to tell me " mom, what are you doing ? That's my self- perfum !!! Gah !!! :pssd:. Hahahaha.
Miss you, girl. Good to be back. Can't wait to catch up with you.
Hugs :hugsquish:

Those pictures are soooooo cute :heartbeat: Seriously Trist, I LOVE him sooooooo much. We are so close we should really try to get together sometime, I swear I won't steal your bunnies, muahahahahaha

Sorry I haven't been around much, I've been so freakin sick, yesterday I felt like I got run over by a truck, this morning I only feel like I've been punched in the jaw, still can't breath through my nose though :imsick:

Lisa, thanks! I miss my hairrrrr.. anyway, one day it will be that way again :)

Vircia, I'm so glad you're back!! and ummm noooo on the scent glands.. I'm a wimp. It has to be done but I'm hoping the vet tech will do it when I take him for his nails to be trimmed!
And Brandy- I knowwww. I just love him so much!! I hope you feel better soon. I was sick last week and it gets in the way of so many things.

Well, guys, here comes a vent.
Christmas.
My hubby and I have kids by former marriages, they are all grown up so that's not a problem. we have our 4 year old together.

Every single year since getting together, we have gone to his family's house for the huge dinner at NOON.. rush rush rush..

as you may or may not know, I grew up with German tradition which means our xmas is on xmas eve but hubby can't wrap his head around that tradition so it has gone by the wayside.

This year I'm feeling a little bit resentful. I want to have some of my tradition in our life and I don't don't DON'T want to go to his family's mega (at least 25 people there)dinner at noon this year!!! they have always called me "different" "weird" etc.. so it's stressful anyway.. but also.. I want us to start our own traditions.

I hate obligation and I think if I'm obligated to do something that takes away the whole "Christmas Rocks!!" feeling. I want it to feel special and unique to our new family.

Any ideas? or should I just suck it up and do what everyone wants me to do.

Trist its tough breakin a HOliday tradition like that...hm...i dont think ur aloud to start ur own until u get old and crabby...ur not there yet..hehe..but i do think that ur hubby needs to respect ur german tradition too.cant u guys do a little of both...?.
and who cares if ur different or weird...we like u that way...

ur stressing about family get togethers ..and im sitting here jealous....i wish i had family to do that with.....last year after Matt and i did our gift thing..i took cuda out and laid a couple patches of rubber down...that always leaves me with a wicked smile:nasty:

Thanks Lisa :)

I'm sorry I don't think lately about things like people wishing they had family close :( eye opening moment for me and now I feel like a spoiled brat.

I'm going to try being grateful for what I do have. There is a lot worse out there. I have got to remember that!!

I think a lot of it came down to low self esteem too.
They have a secret santa thing that is supposed to be a limit of 20 dollars.. most people spend hundreds.. gulp. so, we feel like pulsating blood red *look at us* thumbs.
so, it's our own self esteem that is getting in the way.

We did decide to do both and to alternate xmases so that will work.

We go to his family every year. His family isn't keen on me either lol I think there is a pattern here ;)

and my sister lives about 5 hours away and my parents go to her place. my sister and I.. well let me put it this way.. we are oil and water..lol

she doesn't like my choices in lifestyle so we avoid each other :(

so... we decided that we will totally mix it up and do a bit of everything including start our own trads which I am stoked about.

and if it doesn't work, maybe I'll fly down to you and you can lay a couple of patches of rubber down with me there too lol

I did something very difficult this weekend.. and I have mixed feelings but it was the right thing to do. My nephew on my hubby's side is training to be a vet tech. He has horses on his farm, goats, homing pigeons, rescued parrots, rescued ferrets, and now he has Coconut.

He says we can come anytime to see him. He keeps his animals healthy and very loved.

I am not a rehomer, never have been and am against it normally.

But I went in way over my head. I also jumped too soon after Tahli's death. Coconut reminded me of that time period. Not Coconut's fault.
It was mine.

So, I am feeling sad on one hand. guilty on the other and also grateful that a person who loves animals that much and has so much knowledge and is in the family wanted Coconut the minute he saw him.

He is being neutered the first week of January. I talked to him this morning and Coconut was chilling on the couch. That alleviates some of my worry.

We're going up in a few days to see him ( we'll be there for xmas visits too).

So blahhh.. I understand if you all think I'm a meanie or cruel or disloyal but my intentions are not that. I needed to do the best for my family and Coconut. He is a bunny with loads and loads of energy. he will be able to sprint and binkie all day to his heart's content.

he is still my bunny and his name is NOT being changed.
For that I am grateful.

I hope this works..

[ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=475379216817]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=475379216817[/ame]

I'm trying again. this is a video of cassie the clawless cat, my daughter and phineas tonight. there's no sound because of the archaic design of my present camera.. it shows the cuteness of my babyboy..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTuKCrCQHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VTuKCrCQHE[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNZFxaHvd8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNZFxaHvd8E[/ame]

:hug2:Trist :hug2:,

I'm sorry to hear that you rehomed Coconut. I can understand what happened though. Of course, it's always hard to hear of buns being rehomed but I can sympathize. Please don't beat yourself up too much about it. At least he is in a good home and you can still get updates on him. :)I think I can see a few reasons why it didn't work right for you and yours but sometimes making another tough decision is the only way to fix things. It's especially easy to do something like that when you are hurting so much. Please keep your chin up,it will be okay. :flowerskiss:

Thank you Nela for understanding how hard it was. I felt bad for Coconut on so many levels. He is the bunny with the most energy, he needed way more run time and my husband's nerves were completely shot.

I ended up speaking to a woman on a park bench about it the day before. it was one of those random weird meetings. I went for a walk to calm myself down ( towards my husband). The woman worked for the Spca as a volunteer.

She was mentioning about different breeds of specifically dogs and how she had had a jack russel terrior and how they were (most of the time )high energy dogs and not the dog for everyone.

She said that people need to research the breeds before they get certain animals and not many people do that so they get a breed that doesn't fit their lifestyle and the animals are not getting what they need.

So, I went home and thought about it and how hubby was saying there were too many bunnies and his nerves were shot.
I looked at Coconut and thought about my nephew wanting him and I thought about the woman who told me about the energy levels and traits of certain breeds and made the hardest decision.

I'm not trying to blame my husband but he couldn't take it and his constant complaining and stressing was getting to me too bad. He told me all the time, you got Coconut too soon. I know he was right. I am sure had I been solo, I could have made it work.

I could have changed the run/play time for Coconut to really late at night because my 4 year old was terrified of him and his energy so I had to wait until she went to bed to let him run and that was when my husband was home and Coconut stressed him out.

I was feeling the division between my hubby and me over Coconut. With his schedule and me wanting/waiting for him to be somewhere else so I could let Coconut out and to wait for my daughter to be in bed..was making me crazy.

BunBun is very laid back and so is Phineas.
My daughter isn't afraid of either of them, and my husband's nerves are fine when they are out.

So, I made a family decision but let me tell you, even though I know Coconut is much much much happier with people who adore animals too and he is a solo bun who is being spoiled and is uncaged.. it is very very hard. If he wasn't with family there is no way I could have let him go but I know my husband and I would have had major problems in our marriage.

Blah. :(

You know Trist, I may get bashed for saying this, but it wouldn't have been worth that kind of tension on your marriage. I understand some people will say 'Oh rabbits are family members' and I agree to a certain extent. However, being that you don't live solo, it's important that your husband also enjoy his home. I can understand that it may have become too much for him, especially with a giant around. Three boys, none neutered, having pee contests? It's ok on a farm, but it can be really hard in a home. I understand, you probably could have found ways since you wanted to make it work. However, it's best that you not carry that strain.

I try to remind people that they shouldn't put pets before their own family though many don't feel the same. I think it is nice when it's a joint decision. Of course I did sneak in the guinea pig but I knew Jeff would be okay with it in the end. He even got me the other himself. As for myself, with my own allergies, it means that Jeff has to take care of the pets a whole lot more and you know, there are times when he's tired and just would rather relax. That was another thing I considered when I made the decision to rehome the two.

It´s hard and oftentimes it can downright suck. That's what happens when you have a family though, you can't ignore everyone else around and living in a home with such negative energy will make you miserable. I'm sorry he was on the receiving end and was rehomed to it but he has a good home still. He could have ended up anywhere else had he been taken by someone else so in the end, that bunny was lucky to be taken by you.

Much love!

I'm happy to say that BunBun's ear looks very close to normal. His fur has almost completely grown back. He is eating me out of house and home though which is weird for him, he seems to be keeping up with Finn.

I've been worried about him even though there is nothing wrong with him. It's the time of year we lost our first lop, Simon, who is hard to talk about. He was an amazing bunny. We had him for quite a long while. It's been five years since he passed on but today feels like it just happened.

Thinking of you, little Simon..sweet little man to the very last moment.

As I wrote on Nela's Blog, we will be seeing Coconut tomorrow. I don't know if I am more excited about Xmas or seeing him :) He is doing great, being spoiled rotten and is uncaged like I like my bunnies to be. They are still having a few poop issues but my nephew-in-law is getting him neutered the second week of January.

It's been very hard and I feel judged. I thought my 4 year old would grow out of being terrified since she has never had problems with BunBun or had any when Phineas arrived but the terror over Coconut didn't go away. She would scream at night, " MAMA close my door so Coconut doesn't come in"

I am an extremely sensitive person to people and to animals and I did not want Coconut feeling unwelcome or just stressed out by stressed out people.

People often say how animals are our children too and that's true to some extent but my 4 year old is my actual human child whose psyche and spirit and talents are being developed so she can grow into a productive, creative girl/woman.

She had to come first as did my marriage. I thought I could handle it all and I did for awhile but it was wearing me down.

My son got ill again and I had to go to his house often which meant Coconut was caged because no one else could handle him. He was my bunny not everyone else's and I took full responsibility for him.

If I were on my own with no humans with their need for sleep and a stressfree environment I could have kept this high high energy bunny but the reality is I do have a family and they were becoming stressed out.

Funny I feel the need to defend myself and my decision.
It makes me upset and angry. It wasn't easy to make that decision. Just like people who for whatever reason, must place their baby for adoption. People judge. I have to get used to that but I am one for compassion and there are many sides to a story.

It makes me saddened about the whole human race that people are not willing to be openhearted at a time when someone else is going through something even if they don't agree with it.

I made the decision to take Coconut out of grief and grief can skew many things. Losing Tahli was excrutiating. When my grandmother died, my father went out and bought a new computer and everyone was so shocked including me. Grief does strange things to people and we don't think rationally.

I also have this save the world syndrome going on and I wanted to save Coconut.. instead, he spent too much time in a cage because my daughter was becoming more afraid of him.

That's NOT the life I want for any rabbit of mine. People have cages for animals and even though I don't like the thought, I don't judge people on it. It's their life and their choice.

I honour that.

I would rather take AWESOME care of the bunnies whose quiet dispositions match my own that make it easy for me to balance my whole life which most people don't know about.

To have two bunnies (separately) lay at my feet in bunny bliss and binky through the house after I have cried enough guilt tears over what my son goes through year after year despite medication, is healing for me and for them because the gratitude I feel for the silent compassion I feel from my bunnies and the strong bond I have with them is surely felt by them.

I had considered leaving the forum but then thought nope, I like it here and I want to show off the bunnies. I'm getting a new cam after xmas which promises to be a good one with mega optical zoom. I can't wait.

Anyway, that's an update of the difficult emotions I've been going through.

Trist, focus on the positive. Don't let yourself feel worse. It's Christmas! :biggrin2:Merry Christmas to you and yours!!! Lots of love and hugs. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back