My Bohemian Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
I decided I wanted to start a blog too. now that my bunny's health crisis is over, I want to chronicle our lives together and let go of some of the panic and sadness I went through with him. I'm madly in love with my bunnies. I have two, one I've had since he was teeny but he is two now, almost 2 and a half.

He is the light of my world ( besides his human siblings who also shine brightly but you know he is a bunny..and he doesn't talk back. well, not really.. he does sort of get in my face though.. :confused2:

Here he is: BunBun..

13748_282225_280000000.jpg

melted into the floor asleep... he has gone through a lot but this was after a happy leaping session. ignore the bad paint job please, it was my first attempt :wink

13748_141032_160000001.jpg

BunBun last year.. what a baby face. I could kiss him all day but he gets kinda annoyed with me when I do that. He gives me a quick lick then a look that says ok back off..

And this is the baby Tahli..
Nicked Tiny by my 4 year old.

13748_222120_030000002.jpg

This bunny came into our lives two weeks before BunBun got so ill so a lot of my attention went to BunBun. I am rectifying that now and spent a lot of time with him today and he is reserved and shy but loves to cuddle so I'm sure he will feel how much I love him too.

I look so forward to seeing his personality bloom.
He is the bohemian bedroom bunny and is completely in love with a deep red scatter mat. He has made it his own. he does allow me to sit beside him while he grooms if I move slowly and carefully and don't look at him. I have to pretend to not see him and then he is cool with me just chilling out with him. :biggrin2:

I'll be adding new pics soon. I can't help but want to show them off. I know they are my addiction.. they so totally rule my world lol

Tristana Bun bun is so cute what a round sweet little face he has..:)
and Tahli with the kewl name is just like my Bambam is... u pretend to not look their way and they go about their business but when i turn my head to look at her she is gone..back to her cage....so funny..
excellent start to ur blog..!!looking forward to a poopload of more pics!!:weee:

They are both just so beautiful :heartbeat:

I'm glad you started a blog, but I NEED more pics :laughsmiley:

BTW, I used too or still do (I would have to check with Dad) have relatives in Windsor ;)

Lisa and Brandy, thank you :) There will definitely be more pics. I kept leaving my cam in the car ( I take it everywhere with me) It is safely in my house now so watch out for your pic request. I get snap happy sometimes ;)

Brandy, cool about Windsor! Small world :)

Congratulations on starting the blog :) I've read your thread about BunBun was sick,right ? I'm happy to hear that now he's perfectly healthy. BunBun is so cute ! The pic of him melting into the floor makes me melting too ! :blushan: Looking forward to see more of your bunnies :) Bring it on ! :yahoo:

I'm dedicating the first part of this post to the little pooper who kept me up all night ;)

Yes, his domain as I said is his.. I mean our bedroom teehee
My good cam's battery has died so I took these pics this morning with my old ( now my 4 year old's) cam. Forgive the quality :)

His fav place is under my daughter's toddler bed which is there for those "can't live without mama" nights.

He has mischief maybe guilt in those eyes?? nah, never guilt just a look of being *caught* doing something he shouldn't be.. he has owned that art book and loves to pull and drag it hence part of the noise last night. And that mat is THE mat.. he shuffles it around, moves it all over the room. He is one busy bun.

All those little poops are the result of the next pic.
Our cat, Cassie came to us as an adoption/ rescue in my mind. A friend knew a friend etc.. she is not the kitty who wounded BunBun. She is declawed.. no NOT by us, she came to us that way. She's 12 now and LOVES the bunnies and is very protective over them. They love her too when BunBun starts being amourous ( he will be neutered when he is completely better) she pats him on his head with one gentle thud and he goes back to laying down and she beside him. SOOO cute. However, Tahli was not pleased that cassie was laying on his mat but waited patiently until she left annoyed by my pic snapping. She looks annoyed doesn't she?

13748_300932_580000001.jpg
13748_300934_010000000.jpg

This kitty is Manu, the one who was defending herself against the advances of BunBun which resulted in his illness :( She was doing what came naturally and although for a while I was furious and hurting because she did that, I had to be reminded that she too was defending herself. It was my fault to think that she would be as laid back as Cassie. She is now separated from the bunnies for everyone's sake. The photo after this one, is where I found BunBun one day about six months ago. I was horrified because of the dangers of real cat litter but I snapped the shot and then got him out because he just looked too sweet. The cat box has since been moved. :)

I'm also adding one last shot of Cassie because she is one gorgeous sweet kitty. I'm also in love with her.
hmmmm, I'm still getting the hang of this.. the pics are a bit in reversed order but I think they are self explanatory.. The pic of Cassie is from the camera whose battery has died. Hopefully, it will be charged and ready to go for better pic quality. btw, the toy broom was taken away from BunBun.. everytime I have my back turned ;) kids, toys, bunnies and kitties... this is my life.

My bohemian bunch. They have grounded me, the wanderer ;)
13748_300944_210000003.jpg
13748_300944_190000000.jpg
13748_300944_200000001.jpg

13748_300944_210000002.jpg

I had no idea how much bunnies would get into my blood. it's so great to be able to blog here and just drool over everyone's pics and stories. my friends get tired of my bunny tales :)

so tonight, I was going through kijiji trying to find a cage for tahli for the nights only ( new thing for us). Hubby thinks it might be a solution to the night time digging, pulling, rearranging furniture ;) and nibbling that has been waking me up.

anyway... what did i stumble upon? available flemish giants.
BUT what did it, was the fact that they were advertised as good for meat and possibly a good pet.

"possibly" a good pet. argggh.

I have always wanted a Flemish Giant. always.
before I got Tahli, I called quite a few places and not one to be found anywhere.

my husband ( at work) made a loud crashing noise over the phone after I told him what I had found and I said, " what was that?" he said laughing, " It was me, putting my foot down"

Guess it's no Flemish Giant for me. not yet anyway. ;) I'm still learning about bunnies anyway. why oh why are they so incredibly addictive?

Until the time is right for me and I know more about bunnies, I will just continue to drool :)

Today I had success. Tahli is a timid bunny. I have to lure him out.. he loves to cuddle but it's a bit of work to get him to trust. Today, he was resting on his bed and I went right up to him and he did not run away. at all. he just stayed there and let me take about 8 photos of him. I was so happy, I wanted to tell my family but I'm home alone so I did a happy dance all to myself ;)

Here's my not as timid Tahli.. oh my time stamp is all off :p

13748_011729_030000000.jpg

BunBun is the hardest bunny to get photos of. When he is on a wild ride around the house, he is a blur, otherwise he is always, did I say, ALWAYS, grooming himself or licking the floor, then scratching it, then flomph down he goes on his side in happy bunny bliss.. I'm searching for a camera that will work so much better than the one i have now.. the moments are lost with this one.. :(

Here are more photos of my heart bunny aka " the bohemian bunnydog" ( he fetches) :heartbeat:
13748_012306_370000000.jpg

hmmm time to sweep his domain. he's not the only dustbunny under there ;)he lives under my table for the most part. it's his as much as the bed is Tahli's :)

he looks so grumpy in one lol maybe because mama cut back on the pellets to increase the hay ;)

13748_012306_370000003.jpg
13748_012306_370000001.jpg
13748_012306_370000002.jpg

Tahli is so cute :) The last pic of Bunbun is so adorable :) it's like he wants to say " momma, give me some more pellets, or you won't get any smiles ". :) hehe.

Thank you Vircia :) and that's exactly what I thought about grumpy face. funny how expressive they can be. my husband thinking he was helping with bedtime routine put bunbun in a cage last night ( grrrrrr) and BunBun glared, I swear it. When my hubby went to bed, I let him out muhahaha. Usually my hubby is in bed longggg before I do the night time rounds. bunbun was not impressed ;)

so it was another somewhat chaotic night in the bohemian bunny household. Tahli decided he would go on a run through the bedroom.

so I woke up to a disturbance in the bed, I felt my hair being pulled and having watched too many ghost hunter shows, i was startled and my heart started racing. I slowly moved, trying not to wake hubby and I see Tahli right beside me staring at me like "wake UP, woman".
He then started to tug on my hair again with his little teeth.

I gently put him back on the floor and went back to sleep. Again, I am woken up to the same tugging. He was very gentle. Again, I put him on the floor but this time near his hay.

And I went back to sleep. I felt a slight pressure on my chest. I opened my eyes and tahli was sitting happily on my chest!!!

Now.. all this is cute.. but I need to sleep! He doesn't seem to understand that Mama and him have different sleep schedules.

I am over the moon though by his overtures. He is/ WAS a timid bunny. I had to be very quiet, very soothing when I approached him. It appears to have worked. He is no longer shy ( obviously) ;)

When I did get up in the morning, I couldn't find him.. I panicked looked everywhere in our room for him..finally I found him, in my clean pile of laundry I did at 11 last night and being tired dumped it onto HIS toddler bed. He had burrowed into it, made himself a comfy little bed.

I know I should make some kind of enclosure for him in my room but I just can't do it. The bunny lovin' in the middle of the night just completely melted me.

I have the sweetest buns in the world.. I'm so in love.
My next project is to pretty up his side of the room. He tends to stick close to that toddler bed. I thought since he took it over, I would put pretty *curtains* as a bed skirt to give him some privacy and make a name plate and hammer it onto the bed.

My intention was to move the bed into storage as my 4 year old is now able to sleep all night without nightly visits but it looks like for now, that bed is going no where.

What a great blog and your babies are just so precious!

I wish I could leave Snickers free roam all night but it's just possible :(

I loved all your pics, they are such great bunnies and Cassie is GORGEOUS, I absolutely LOVE calico cats, I have one named Kipper ;)

Thanks Brandy! :)

I'm about to put some more pics I took this morning.. oooh my tahli, amazing how they just burrow straight into a heart..

I love my calico too. I was so angry at her owners. they had the typical story of *allergies* and when I went to pick her up, I saw a brand new puppy and a bag of puppy food. I was so glad she came to be with us. SHE is spoiled rotten ;)

She is 12 now, hard to believe. I took a pic of her this morning too :)

Latest posts

Back