MJ has a heart attack?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a few texts too, first was from my dad, my immediate thought was also Becca, but then to my friend TK, he's a HUGE fan and i think he bought tickets and stuff... RIP King of Pop.

Okay I've been busy moving and haven't even had time to check in, but I heard this and the first thing I automatically thought of was Becca and I had to come on.
:( I can't imagine... I hope that she will be alright. I know it probably feels like a family member has died, and I get that mentality totally and completely. I just hope that those around her are being sensitive and allowing her to grieve.

This is also a huge loss for the music world... No matter what you thought of him personally, he played a HUGE hand in shaping the music we have today, and probably is the person with the most influence in the industry since Elvis. The man was a master of his craft, and this is definitely a devastating loss.

Though I wasn't a fan it's sad when someone dies so suddenly.RIP mate. Hope you've found peace now.

I also immediately thought of Becca but also all his fans who have bought tickets and travelled to America for his concert! :hug:

:cry2
thanks for thinking of me guys..i cant stop crying. i feel so sorry for his children. i'm sure so many of the hardcore fans going to the concert don't really care about that anymore just that hes gone. thats all i care about i cant belive it.

my mum and sister came in crying this morning i thought one of the bunnies had passed away and they said michael jackson.. i haven't actually said the sentence yet i dont want to.

this thread made me cry even more that you all thought of me. thank you and thanks for the PM's:nerves1

i love you michael

i'll never let you part for your always in my heart <3

He's going to go down in history in a similar sort of way as Elvis has done.

Probably with the similar 'is he isn't' he stuff.

It's also probably one of those events where you always remember where you were and who you were with when you found out.

It's all very odd.

I feel incredibly sorry for his kids and hope that they are getting some decent support through this.

Flashy wrote:
He's going to go down in history in a similar sort of way as Elvis has done.

Probably with the similar 'is he isn't' he stuff.

It's also probably one of those events where you always remember where you were and who you were with when you found out.

It's all very odd.

I feel incredibly sorry for his kids and hope that they are getting some decent support through this.

I agree - I can still remember where I was when I learned Elvis had passed.

Becca - hugs to you...:hug:

Denise

I was at a party last night when I found out. I'd had a few drinks so nobody believed it, somebody got a text and everyone was going 'yeah right, whatever, I don't believe that!' It wasn't until the morning when we got up and started watching the news we all believed it! Its so weird, I remember how my parents all say they remember the moment when Elvis Presley or Princess Diana died, its weird to think I will remember that moment forever!

As much as I'm not sure about his personal life he was a great performer, made fantastic music. :(

All this morning we were playing Michael Jackson songs, then we had a minute silence and someone did the moonwalk :)

[align=left]I know it sounds odd, but 50 isn't all that uncommon for a heart attack or cardiac arrest (at least it seems that way lately). I also believe that my college professor talked about how African American males are more likely to have heart disease (or similar cardiovascular disease). I think it's something genetic.

Also, he was practicing and getting ready for those shows. A few articles I have read about the upcoming show said that the dance moves were "extremely physical" and were a little more than most MJ fans were used to. I wonder if the stress or physical exercise got to him?
[/align]
I'll still remember him as the singer who did Thriller and the other really good stuff. I hate to admit it, but he kind of disturbed me over the last 10 years (that's half my life!). It's still sad to see someone go when they could have had more. RIP MJ.

DeniseJP wrote:
I can still remember where I was when I learned Elvis had passed.

In my lifetime, the passing of Princess Diana and Heath Ledger were the biggies that greatly impacted my memory; I won't forget where I was when I'd learned of their passing....

My thoughts/prayers go out to MJ's entire family, as well as to Becca, who likely appreciated/loved him best. :hearts:

Jenk

Jenk wrote:
In my lifetime, the passing of Princess Diana and Heath Ledger were the biggies that greatly impacted my memory; I won't forget where I was when I'd learned of their passing....
I agree with Princess Di, but I have no recollection of where I was with Heath Ledger. For Princess Di I was on holiday. It's a very similar thing, a similar feeling. Like the Twin Towers too, and, for me, the Space Craft tragedy as it re-entered the atmosphere in 2003.

Flashy wrote:
It's a very similar thing, a similar feeling. Like the Twin Towers too, and, for me, the Space Craft tragedy as it re-entered the atmosphere in 2003.

Oh, most definitely to those tragic incidents...

At age nine, I was allowed to skip school the day that thespace shuttleChallenger took flight (1986). And with the rest of America, I watched it explode in the sky.

I was 25 andat work when I learned of the Twin Towers tragedy just 20 minutes' after the first attack.A customer in TX broke the news to me. At that time, it was still thought to be a pilot's error rather than terrorism. That entire day, everyone divided their time between internet and t.v. updates. I remember driving home in shock,wondering how all the other rush-hour drivers might be feeling about the day's sad events.

I have three friends from school visiting me for 2 weeks - partly for my birthday and partly just so they can see LA and I had just picked the first up from the airport yesterday when we heard the news on the radio. We went under the runway in one direction and they said for the second time that he was en route to the hospital and then when we made a u turn and went back under the runway, we heard he had died.
It was definitely weird watching the spread of information between people on their cell phones as we ate lunch (Tito's Tacos, an LA staple if you're ever here) and then while waiting for the other two to get off their plane.
There were some lovely tributes on the radio to him shortly afterward as well - it's strange to drive around and hear almost exclusively Michael Jackson playing.
Then of course as part of our driving home tour I pointed out the helicopters over UCLA medical center - certainly an interesting welcome to the city for my friends.

I was in 7th grade art class. 3rd period when I found out about the twin towers.

They made a anouncement that all student could use there phone to call parents if we wanted to go home. Mymom was already at the school to get me. Cause houston had a threat then to. My mothers birthday is sept 11th

I was very young when prinesse di Died but I remember all the news around it I think I was in kindergarden or first grade.

I will alway remember I was at work on MJ death Although I did not like him as a person his music is great

am i aloud to sound stupid? lol. only joking.
but,.... what is the diffence between cardiac aresst and heart attack???

Heart attack is a problem with the plumbing in your heart. You have a blockage of some sort in your arteries or veins.

Sudden cardiac arrest is a problem with the electrical system in you heart. It starts going haywire and eventually stops working all together. Only thing that helps you here is a defibrillator.

t. :cry1:

myLoki wrote:
Heart attack is a problem with the plumbing in your heart. You have a blockage of some sort in your arteries or veins.

Sudden cardiac arrest is a problem with the electrical system in you heart. It starts going haywire and eventually stops working all together. Only thing that helps you here is a defibrillator.

t. :cry1:
well, say you had cardica areest 5 time in the space of 3months... when you were born 3onths earky andwere a "still born" baby..
could that lead to another heart problem??

You can't be born still born and still be alive. You would just be a premmie born without a heart beat that was able to be revived. Yes it could possibly lead to another problem but so can a whole lot of other things. If this was you I wouldn't let it worry you. If your doctor didn't warn your parents at birth to have a cardiologist look at you every so often they probibly thought everything was going to be fine. Preemies are often born with heart problems (my boyfriend was a month and a half premature) and he had major problems as a baby but he's perfectly fine now.

I'm going to be studying midwifery shortly and have an ongoing love of anything to do with birth and babies. That and I spent a lot of time talking to my boyfriends mom about Paul's birth and him being so premature. Hope that helps you a bit.

Sorry for taking over MJ's thread. Will be listening to billy jean now.

Faerin wrote:
You can't be born still born and still be alive. You would just be a premmie born without a heart beat that was able to be revived. Yes it could possibly lead to another problem but so can a whole lot of other things. If this was you I wouldn't let it worry you. If your doctor didn't warn your parents at birth to have a cardiologist look at you every so often they probibly thought everything was going to be fine. Preemies are often born with heart problems (my boyfriend was a month and a half premature) and he had major problems as a baby but he's perfectly fine now.

I'm going to be studying midwifery shortly and have an ongoing love of anything to do with birth and babies. That and I spent a lot of time talking to my boyfriends mom about Paul's birth and him being so premature. Hope that helps you a bit.

Sorry for taking over MJ's thread. Will be listening to billy jean now.
lol, your right! well, i was sort of dead in side my mum for ages. then outside he for 9mins...
anyway. since i was born i have had an unexplanied heart problem .. and was wondering if it was linked.

Cardiac arrest is when blood stops flowing to the entire body because the heart stops, while a heart attack (myocardial infarction) is just an interruption of blood flow to the body from the still-beating heart. A heart attack can lead to cardiac arrest, though.

Latest posts

Back