Milu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center][shadow=aqua]Happy Birthday Milu![/shadow][/align]

[align=left]You are very missed by all. Hope you had a wonderful bunday with Fedorento and all your bunny friends.[/align]

* Thanks, Nela!

I still miss my bun...
it's so weird how things happened. He had been ok for months, no more dental issues when I decided to travel, and he wasn't eating much, but he was eating and playing, his weight was ok...
I asked for pics all the time during my trip and my mother sent them and MILU was eating really well, I even asked for pics of his droppings and they were even better than when I was around taking care of him, he was doing really well, drinking water, eating, playing, etc. I sometimes called him on the phone to talk to him. I was so surprised to see in the pics that he was doing that well that I thought I'd come back home and he'd be like a "brand new" bunny again!
Whatever happened to him, one thing he understood me saying: "wait for me, I'll be back to play with you - don't do anything silly if I'm not around!"

It feels that he could control when "to go".... It feels like he was only waiting for me to come back, like Argos, the dog of Odysseus in the Odyssey. The dog waited for 19 years and died happy when his owner managed to return home. It's a very interesting part of the story. Odysseus comes back home after like 20 years, almost everybody thinks he's dead so nobody recognizes him, and he pretends to be a beggar to test his family and friends, and to see what's going on at his palace. The only one who recognized him right away was his doggie, but he was old and sick so he died right away, after doing his best to display his happiness. This is a good link to read this part of the story:

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Mythology/Argos.html

As I don't have my bun anymore, I'll keep checking pics and stories of the other bunnies around here. They're all lovely! I gotta confess MILU was jealous about how I like the cute bunnies I see here. I love to see their pics though, they cheer me up when I'm sad. Aren't bunnies wonderful friends?

Viv, your story of Milu has stayed in my heart and I think I'll always think of it when I try to explain to people so they understand how loyal and trusting a rabbit can be if they get to that point in a relationship with them. Dogs aren't the only loyal pet. When a rabbit bonds with another creature, whether it be human, dog, cat or another rabbit, they are invested in a way that is deeper than human marriage. The fact that he waited for you to return so he could see you in his last moments is really precious. He really loved you. :hearts

I agree with you Helen. Pets love us more than human love, because it's unconditional love. They love us even if we look ugly (LOL), wear bad clothes, etc. I said "pets" (not "bunnies") because I saw stories of this kind of thing happening also with other animals, like even lions, sharks, tigers, etc. Any animal that you show love to will love you back no matter what.
Although it's much easier for us to show our love (and therefore be loved back) to a bunny than a lion or a shark, heheh :D

This is a beautiful story with a beautiful end, but it touches me so much that every time I watch it I cry... it's really beautiful! (this is about the lion)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SsgeH7wMNo[/ame]

MILU (posthumously) and I wish a HAPPY EASTER to all bunnies and all bunny owners in and out of Rabbits Online!! Happy Easter everyone!

1easter.jpg

I am definitely thinking about getting a new bunny, but I want to travel soon and I'll spend months abroad, so I think it's not fair to adopt a bunny now and then "abandon" him/her soon after the adoption. I'll get a new bun-bun when I'm back. I already got 2 offers and I'm dying to get them, but it's better to adopt a new bunny only when I'm sure I'll be around to give them attention and everything they need. You know, when a bunny owns a person they don't really want their slaves to go have a life somewhere else... :p

I joined RO a little while ago and I just finished reading your blog, tears came down my eyes when I got to the post when Milu passed. You are wonderful, I send a big hug your way and Bonkers sends Milu some binkies :)

1 year since MILU left. I'm fasting today. It feels like he was here yesterday... I hope he doesn't mind me thinking about him so much, and sometimes even acting like he's still around... sigh...

btw, thank you Lucy500 for reading, for your kind words and for the hugs! Deeply appreciated!!! Say hi and give Bonkers some hugs and kisses for me :)

Latest posts

Back