Milu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MILU

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what it takes to make my bun's blog... I'm not too smart for these things, I guess. I hope I'm doing this right.

I had a rabbit called "Fedorento" who died at the age of 6 months. He was very happy, seemed healthy, was ok the night before his death (even did naughty things, he used to destroy lots of things when playing, hehe).... but, from out of the blue, he died in my hands. I couldn't find any vet willing to help him.

This was Fedorento, my 1st rabbit:

l_88249019964ec9d3cd908cbe9ced17b2.jpg

l_e3f2022f5c7457d9b91a9dabbe4453b3.jpg

After I lost him, I couldn't stay the void... that's when "MILU" was brought to me. He has more than 500 names, his first name was "Poulet", but MILU is the name he seems to like most.

l_44ea74213ab8f3c47619eba78bcb056a.jpg

He was tiny, smaller than my hand. Really thin and fast. I was afraid I'd break him, 'cause he was so thin and fragile!

l_6b9e048943b04f9d602cd64a062c974f.jpg

With time - and lots of love - he grew bigger and stronger. He keeps scaring me with the dental issues that started developing at the age of 5, but I guess I shouldn't. He's been through a lot of trouble and we all think he'll leave us but he always recover. Who'd say that thin little fragile thing would be this strong?

** Of course he wouldn't make it without the help of RO!! Thank you all for your priceless help!

l_177d8ed7e1a09c786888bd4293945250.jpg

l_f52b6cac7d0c40a7b3947ba26e190ac1.jpg

l_6239fc8909c24f028031ceeef5c80f52.jpg

26564_109902499027005_1000002176591.jpg

I'm an artist and here you can see my bunny "helping" me photograph my pieces, by sniffing and making sure they were all "ok":

OgAAALl96eMM1HcvPZ6PcrSGQSTtFXsG0Dq.jpg

This is him watching TV (he loves the bloodiest news show on tv... funny as it is, he likes to eat watching it!!) and the chair we tried to protect with boxes, but my bun destroyed them all.

26564_109902492360339_1000002176591.jpg

26564_109902485693673_1000002176591.jpg

He even became a funny Easter greeting...

25163_113858158631439_1000002176591.jpg

16748_104727736211148_1000002176591.jpg

16748_104727732877815_1000002176591.jpg

16748_104727729544482_1000002176591.jpg

This is a pic the night before my bun's 1st dental procedure. He was all wretched, thin, sick... who'd say that that would have been nothing compared to what would come, and that he'd bravely face it all "without a problem"?

26789_108958869121368_1000002176591.jpg

He's still fighting his dental issues, losing some weight, but he's ok. This is him in March, by my mother's leg while she was sleeping. There's nothing he likes more than staying by people!

miluu-1.jpg

Thank you, Donna and Helen! Your rabbits are beautiful, too, as I see in the pics! What sweet friends they are, all of them!
I try to take good care of my fluffy friend, I'm the one who chose to have him, so I gotta give him the best. Sometimes it's hard when things are out of our reach, but I found out that everybody from rabbits Online is really nice and they helped me keep my bunny alive. If it wasn't for this help, my bunny wouldn't be around me anymore. I'm surely proud of him, but I owe a lot to RO!

:angelandbunny:

We love having you around. I am glad that RO has been helpful for you. I hope you'll post up more pics of Milu in the future :)

Milu is adorable. I have a thing for white animals. I just think they are so cute. I have 2 all white cats, 1 all white rabbit, and one white rabbit with brown spots. I just love white fur on animals. I hope you share more pictures of Milu soon!

Thanks, you are so nice!
Ok, here go more pix of my bun!! These are old, he hasn't been in a good mood for pics lately with the dental issues. He hasn't even played much, or followed me all over like he usually does... but he'll be ok.

Sleeping... (I love this pic!)

Baraliptonsleeping.jpg

Long-tailed rabbit (haha)

IMG_1721.jpg

He won't eat that leaf anymore, and it's always been his favorite! After his 1st dental procedures, a lot has changed, even though he only had his teeth filed, not extracted.

MILUedit3109003.jpg

Pretending he's a bibelot, not a rabbit....

OgAAABpXJJcGmma9Zpao6GguYTEQXy7O3mP.jpg

With his "inanimate friends" when he was "a kid".... such good times!

Pouletmeusbrinquedos.jpg

His favorite place to eat while watching tv - and he eats watching the WORST, bloodiest news show on tv. Cartoons? Bah, that's for "kids"... heheh. He doesn't like cartoons or movies, he turns his back at them. He likes what I call "the bloody news", religious tv shows and also some country music shows that were canceled (perhaps because the hosts had no idea what they were doing, making mistakes often?), my rabbit was probably the only audience to the extinct "Country Star" and "Terra Nativa".
I tried to explain "it's the rabbit" who likes the show, but nobody believes me. hahah
Once when watching his favorite religious show, they said "if you feel it in your heart to make us a donation, our bank account is..." - half the phrase was said and my rabbit ran to the television staring at the priest attentively, as if he understood and wanted to donate. I wish I had taken a pic or made a video of that!!

viewphoto-1.jpg

Hmmm.. maybe you'd like to test the Youtube video of the country music show with your rabbits... heheh let me know if they get "hypnotized" too.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fQVVpQljhI[/ame]

My brother made some funny drawings of my rabbit... I had to do the same! hehe
* Cupim and Pezschxe are some of his funny names. "Cupim" means "termite" (hahah) and Pezschxe is a funny (wrong and almost "unspellable") way to write "peixe", that means "fish". It's always funny to call my bun other animal names. :) I still have to go to a vet and write his name on the form as "Pezschxe" - they won't be able to read it, hehehe - my rabbit is always fun!

l_a502c9c69aa043409dae7ca313da37ea.jpg

Check out the long tail! Love the picture of Milu on top of the stereo, he probably figure he can look like a statue and you won't find him.

I guess my bun liked to stay on top of the stereo because of the "aerial view" he had from there... heheh or maybe he was playing "hide and seek" with us. I put stuff there so he won't jump there anymore. Sometimes we'd really ask ourselves where he was!

I'm glad as tonight I noticed a little belly almost as big as in pics taken in November, before his dental issues. He's been really thin, I can still feel his bones when I carry him on my lap. I want him to eat as much as he can before he's back to the dentist for the 4th time. God only knows if he'll have his teeth extracted.. [

I'm glad Milu is gaining a little weight back. Keeping my fingers crossed that Miludoesn't need his molars extracted. I will most likely have to extract my Shades' incisor b/c they are not aligned properly and she needs it trimmed every month. I can't imagine also having the molars gone.

Thanks everybody! I'll post more pics soon. :hearts
@ Crys: I try to take pics from different angles... the results are funny, but they depend on how still my rabbit is.
@ Helen: sorry to hear about Shade's incisors. MILU has his incisors misaligned too (which only happened after his 3rd dental procedure, on his molars, I still don't know why). Hopefully it will be ok when the molars are truly fixed.

Now that he's gaining weight I took some more pics of my baby:

Baroque pretty baby...
1.jpg

XIX century Dutch style rabbit portrait:

9.jpg

Baroque veggie-Poulet (Poulet was his 1st name):

10.jpg

You did NOT name him Poulet to begin with!!! That is *hysterical* LOL!!! So funny and cute!

I love to call my pets random strange names... funnier than the names is how people react to them. :biggrin2:

Once someone asked me "Why is his name 'Poulet'"?
I said "It means chicken in French" :duck: (* here chicken doesn't mean anything other than the food, or the bird)
And the person said "ahhh, NOW it makes sense! Chicken, of course."
:laugh:

I really don't get that "sense". There's actually no sense for that name... (well, that was my intention when I named him "Poulet"). I mean, who'd look at a rabbit and think of chicken? Well, for some reason, someone thought it made sense. LOL
My bun makes me laugh even when he does absolutely nothing at all.

** Today I bought strawberries and gave the tops to my 'chicken'-bun but he didn't like them. :(

I like the patch of hair on Milu's forehead! Ok I didn't understand what the word Poulet meant. Now I get the second picture!:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back