Milu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome. I've actually been working on an image I made on Paint to enter a charge contest with it - it's taking forever to fix all the problems for printing though... deadline is today... :expressionless

Paint is a limited application, and, funny as it sounds, I'm good drawing caricatures using it, but I can't do it well on other applications :D
I haven't used GIMP but if it's like photoshop, it must be good. You even made glitter text! :thumbup Good job!!!!!! You should definitely explore it more.
Why do I think Penny's pic will be the cutest? ;)

hotmaildeal wrote:
Milu has been entering a new phase of peeing and destroying my room.
I'm not sure why, I spend a lot time with him (maybe even too much, so he can't stand 3 hours by himself?)...
Sebastian used to leave us little presents on our bed. It was his way of telling us he wants OUT!

Out..? Milu is free to go where he wants.. Maybe his "gifts" are his sense of adventure saying "let me do something forbidden and see if I can get away with it" - ? I don't know. Some weeks ago he was nice, he went to his bathroom to lay his gifts there.
:?

I'm glad you like MILU's pics. Here go more fresh pics, taken yesterday, it's funny how his tail looks like a 3rd leg when he lays down :D

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

This is my favorite pic ever of MILU! It's his "MILU, the 2-headed bunny" pic:

When I was in the USA last year, I asked my friends if they've ever seen a "Brazilian bunny". I then told them how I saw American rabbits and they "look really weird, they have ONLY 1 HEAD!" (LOL) I pretend I was serious telling them how strange it was to see those poor rabbits with only 1 head, and I told them that in Brazil every rabbit has 2 heads. I said that I had to pat both heads at the same time, or they'd get jealous and fight. hahah some friends actually believed me... I told them later it was just a joke.

IMG_0015.jpg

Love the idea of Milu's 2 head. I think I may try that; next time I go oversea, I'll come back with pictures to show friend herewhat the rabbits looklike "over there!"

Read the sad story about your other bunny on Kirby's Helen blog. You can't blame yourself, you didn't wish it. I'm sure he had some underlying health issue and it was just a coincidence.

hln917 wrote:
You can't blame yourself, you didn't wish it. I'm sure he had some underlying health issue and it was just a coincidence.
Ditto. I totally agree... poor thing may have been hiding his illness and it was just a stroke of bad luck :(

Hi everybody

How I missed you all, and all the stories about your bunnies! My internet has been dead slow lately, I even try to access the website but it takes so long to load the pages that I give up... I can hardly check my emails with this slow connection. I don't know why it gets like this, sometimes it happens.

Yes, my 1st bunny lived about 6 months, only 3 with me...
MILU will be 6 years old in January. I hope so! I guess we'll visit his dentist soon again for a 4th procedure. I hope he doesn't come back home with another problem like last time, when they made his incisors (that were aligned) get misaligned. God only knows what they did. :(

I checked MILU's chin last week and noticed that it seems like something is "purging" there. His chin gets wet, but it's not drool from his mouth. He's got some lumps under his chin (into the skin), I don't know if the wet stuff comes from the lumps... :( Every time I went to the vets and dentists, I told them about the lumps and even with the x-ray, they all only said "I don't know what that is". If anyone has a clue of what it may be, please let me know! He's been sneezing a little since yesterday, and it seems like the white mucus in his nose will be back. It doesn't seem bad now, but if it gets, I'll give him some antibiotic. He's been ok, though.

The other day he broke a glass that was close to the bed. He knows he's not supposed to be in my room when I'm not there, and felt bad when I saw him there, but he pretended he didn't break the glass.

Yet another day I met him on my bed again, he was so cute. When he saw me, he started looking for a reason to be there, and he found it: he saw a hair ribbon on my bed and he was pointing to it when I arrived, and started biting it, showing to me that he jumped on my bed to protect it against the evil ribbon (that he hasn't even seen before I arrived). LOL I love my little bun. By the way, his new name is Havoc. He surely deserves it!

Well, I'll take a look at some bunny blogs now, hoping my connection gets back to normal soon. Lots of love to you all!

Oh no are the lumps red or swollen? Could be an abcess that got burst? :( I really hope not. I have heard rabbits get some infection some place and the infection travels to some other part of the body nearby then forms an abcess :( I hope it's nothing like that!

Helen, Thanks for your input!
My bunny had some lumps since the 1st time he went to the vet and they didn't know what they were. They're not red or swollen, they can't be seen as lumps in his chin, I only know they're there through touching the area and massaging it.

Every time the dentists examined MILU, they said they didn't find any abscesses, but, having found spurs, I'm not sure if they really cared to look for abscesses.
My bun has some other little lumps in other places under his skin, like in his back, but those seem to be ok, never changed size or anything. I started worrying about his chin when it was wet and it didn't seem to be from drool or food. I really hope it's not bad. MILU has been "ok" though, playing and being naughty as usual. Since yesterday I noticed changes in his droppings, but nothing too bad, as sometimes they're smaller and sometimes seem ok. MILU is still eating... I thought the chin may be an abscess too, but I'll pray that it's not. I guess there isn't much more I can do. I'll take him to the dentist again but I confess that sometimes I'm more afraid of our vets than the diseases themselves.
Do your buns have an area under their chin that has the fur "hard" or different from the rest of their fur? MILU's had it, I've always wondered if this is normal. It wasn't wet before though... and it seems to form a little crust... :(

Vivian~ I would post in the infirmary, hopefully someone can help there re: the lump. I'm sending good wishes for Milu's vet visit. It must be frustrating that you are limited to rabbit savvy vets. I already told hubby if we ever move, we must make sure the location is "stocked" with rabbit savvy vets!

He's such a smart rabbit, he was trying to help you clean up your room!:p

Thanks, Helen! I already have a thread in the infirmary (that's actually how I got to know RO) and all the help I got there has always saved my bunny's life. If it wasn't for RO, MILU wouldn't be here anymore!
Oh yes, my dear Havoc always helps me cleaning up and organizing my home. He also likes to decorate. He paints yellow dots and puts some little brown balls here and there if he thinks places would look better with more elements. LOL Aren't bunny natural artists?

BTW, yes, I totally agree you gotta move to a place packed with savvy vets. I want to move but I know here is still the city that has more resources for a rabbit than others. Vets, clinics and even rabbit food is easier to find here than in other places I can move to.

I just read Milu's blog through for the very first time... WOW!
I remember reading along with his teeth issues earlier this year... you two are quite the pair :)

I really enjoyed all of your great photos of the little guy... he sure has one long tail :D

Latest posts

Back