Milu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milu is such a pretty boy! Does his name mean anything? I love all the pictures of him. My favorite is the one of him standing in front of the gray wall. Very cool. Of course I like the one of his long tail too. My Rory has a super long tail and it's good to know there are others like him :)

How is Milu's weight doing? Would it be possible to supplement him with food? Like crush up pellets until they're really powdery, mix with water, and syringe into his mouth so he doesn't have to chew? Or feed him Critical Care? If you can't get Critical Care in Brazil, I'm sure someone would be willing to ship some from you.

Oh and Fedorento was a cutie too! What kind of art do you? The foot kind of freaked me out when I didn't know what it was. It sure looks realistic!

Oooh forgot to say that I want to name a bunny Wombat sometime. Other animal names on bunnies are so funny, and wombats are so adorable!

@ Helen: Thanks! "Poulet" means chicken in French. It doesn't make any sense to call my rabbit "chicken", so don't worry if you think there's no sense in doing this.. heheh I like to give my bun funny names.

@ Shiloh: Alaska? How cool! I've always wanted to go there!
MILU's doing much better, thanks, and thanks for Fedorento too. Despite his troubled teeth, MILU's been eating well and even getting "fat" again :) although he only wants to eat carrot tops and pellets, not other sorts of leaves that he liked before. He hates vitamins. I dropped some in his water and he simply wouldn't drink it. We don't have Critical Care, and I hope I don't need it anymore.

Sorry if my foot sculpture freaked you out. I made hands and ear sculptures too (some years ago), but I can draw, paint, sculpt, go from cute to realistic or weird, do some graphic design, some video and even some lame animations.

Here's the latest silly video starring MILU:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wvqq5EVSs[/ame]

"Milu" is a common name for people in Brazil. I think it sounds snob, and t's used either for men or women (80% chance women's though), not usual for pets, what makes it funny enough. Sometimes it happens that people get confused and call my bun "she" despite I say it's "HE" and "he is a male". He has lots of other names, I was listing all the hundreds but my 1st computer died taking a list of +300 with it. :( Now the list would probably be on the 600s.
MILU (usually I write it all caps, here) is my bun's favorite name for sure.

Wombat? hehehe how cute! Maybe you can use it as a nick-name to one of your rabbits? That's how I started my silly habit of giving hundreds of names to one single animal… and he knows I'm calling him, regardless of the fast change sometimes.

Funny to know I'm not the only one who gives so many names to my pets. My bun actually knows all those names are his, it's incredible! I even call him "ancient" names I gave him 5 years ago and he still knows that's his name. I even make my computer call him to test if he knows it's his name or if he's just guessing because of the pitch or the way I say his name. Nah, he knows it!
It's funny how he stares at the computer, like saying, "what the heck do YOU, little weird box, want from me??" LOL He was expecting the "box" to tell him something else, but it was only calling him. Silly box! Can't do a thing.
:big wink:

That's so amazing that he knows all his names. He must hear you call all his names a LOT!

Of all my buns, I think Toby knows his name and also most of the English language. Possibly Kirby too. Kirby has the most nicknames, then Toby, then Penny. The boys sometimes share nicknames so it does get confusing :p Penny's names are more mean-ish because she gave me such a hard time peeing everywhere, but it was all said in good fun. lol Like my favorite, Queen Penelope, Ruler of Urination. (Modified from "King Kirby, Ruler of Rabbit Nation").

Helen
I think it's inevitable that we end up calling our buns those "mean-ish" names related to their intense "bathroom activity"… heheheh
My bun has some nicknames of that kind too… there's a (human) name "Caco" that is just a name (it is actually the Brazilian version for naming Kermit the frog), but "Caco" also sounds like the masculine form for "caca", which is a childish way to say "poop". Of course that made my bun became "Caco", "little Caco", and all sorts of similar ones, like "Caqui" (which sounds somewhat similar to "caca", but it means the color beige)… LOL when I call him these names nobody suspects there is a meaning behind them. People must wonder why I call him "beige" if he's white. This time there is a hidden sense in the names… heheh
If he pees too much I may as well call him Little Yellow, heheh.

Hahah - that is a great one too, sounds like Lancelot. Great job! Would you let me use a mix of the Portuguese version of it with MILU? Please? That would be "Sir. Cagalot"!!!
heheh
Hmmmm that also makes me think of "Cagalote" (which sounds like "cachalote" - a kind of whale). I'm so silly...
:p

Heh, my guys get "mean" nicknames too. Why ARE so many pet nicknames related to poop/pee? It's kinda weird. Phoebe is called WeeWee (actually that just came about because I'm calling her Phoebe but with W instead of F and B sounds) and Tinkette (like tinkle, another word for urine). Ned is called Tootles or Mr. Tootles a lot... toot is another word for fart. Rory is Beanie Weenie Tooter Man. Beans supposedly make people fart, and Beanie has been his nickname for years, so it led to that... Also, sorry if you knew what tinkle and toot are already, I wasn't sure if you're 100% English fluent or what :)

@ Helen: just letting you know that when I said "duh" in my previous comment, it wasn't to the "Ruler of Urination" nickname (which is great!!!), I said "duh" to myself, for not having understood the great nickname joke before! It's very smart and funny!

@ Shiloh: No, I'm not 100% English fluent (you may see lots of mistakes on my posts, I usually edit them trying to fix wrong stuff or things that may sound different from what I mean) thanks for explaining the words, I always like to learn more, as well as being corrected!
It's funny to know more people name their pets "mean-ish" names too.. heheh

hotmaildeal wrote:
@ Helen: just letting you know that when I said "duh" in my previous comment, it wasn't to the "Ruler of Urination" nickname (which is great!!!), I said "duh" to myself, for not having understood the great nickname joke before! It's very smart and funny!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Whenever Penny pees on the floor (which is not very often anymore, but does happen on occasion), I always tell on her to the King. "Kirby, can you please tell your love interest that we don't do such uncivilized acts in the Rabbit Nation!"

I just saw the video of Milu eating the orange. Never knew they like oranges! How cute. He is really a gorgeous rabbit! Love his fur.

Thanks for complimenting MILU, Helen. I, for instance, think your bunnies (and I got to say ALL other ones I see on RO!) are prettier than mine. MILU would be SO jealous if he knew! :D Thanks for watching the video too.

I didn't know bunnies like oranges either (I myself won't eat them, heheh) but Helen (Kirby's rabbit nation Helen) told me about this link: http://www.rabbit.org/care/fruits.html and there I found safe fruits for rabbits. I used to give MILU bananas, apple, plums, peaches and mango. He more than loves the 3 last ones! When I buy coconuts I give him the hard shell so he can play with it (there's some "hair-like" fiber in it, he bites it).
By the way, did I mention he ate strawberry and the tops? I'd give him only the tops, but he didn't even touch them the 1st time I tried. I decided to try again, giving him the fruit first - that worked well!
I've also realized that the open market we have in some places once a week sells stuff that are accommodated in boxes with hay or thin wood chips. I don't know what kind of hay that is, but I brought a big bunch to my bun, and some wood chips too, but he doesn't care about them, just as usual with all the toys I give him. He's not as happy with what I give him as he was when he was a kid.

Dave, that's a good point I never thought of! Oh my, I don't want to imagine what my bun calls me either when I close the door leaving him outside, or when I eat bread (that I learned I can't give him) and he wants it but I give him bunny food instead. What I know is that he thinks I'm really stupid for "not understanding" what he wants.
Maybe we should start a new thread asking people to post the "mean-ish" names they call their rabbits, heheh

Great video of Milu eating some orange...he's so adorable

Some of my bunnies like to eat a bit of orange as well..

kirbyultra wrote:
hotmaildeal wrote:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Whenever Penny pees on the floor (which is not very often anymore, but does happen on occasion), I always tell on her to the King. "Kirby, can you please tell your love interest that we don't do such uncivilized acts in the Rabbit Nation!"

What should I tell MILU when he does that? He's somewhat like Penny, sometimes he does uncivilized acts too. I guess he must be either showing off (maybe he thinks he's being "cool" doing that??) or maybe he's mad at me and wants to see me cleaning all over. I don't know about the rabbit nation, but when I clean MILU's bathroom he can hardly wait and makes more stuff there right after I clean. He must laugh at my face... "CLEAN, SLAVE, CLEAN!"

Latest posts

Back