King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myia09 wrote:
I love your poem!
And thanks for the site referral..I never heard of busy bunny. They look like they have great things.
But my chinchillas are the ones who would reall LOVE that cottage..

Thanks!

Busy bunny is great, they have so many safe toys, that I am sure would be ok for chinchillas too.

hln917 wrote:
Sometimes they do amaze me. Baci knows exacty at 7pm to run up to his cageto go in for the nightand wait for his treat. However if we're late even 30 sec.with a treat,he'll come right back down.

We've had him for 1 1/2 yr now and never any bunny kisses from him, he only kisses our slipper. Go figure! Shades is the only bun out of 4 who'll give kisses.

Kirby licks the floor as if it was made of bananas. I can't even trick him into licking me by accident. I tried (don't laugh) smearing a bit of banana on my cheek and lying down on the floor. He would sniff me up and stare at me... but no, no kisses. Not even a pity lick of the banana... :grumpy:

Both my buns seem to have a monthly routine... Every few weeks they will change it up on me and make me wonder why they are not doing this or why they started doing that. Toby's 11pm outings are recent... Maybe because my life isn't so routine, they follow along in suit.

I made the mistake of reading your post at work and couldn't stop laughing! Sorry but the thought of you smearing bannana on your cheek is too funny and if we could read Kirby's thought, he's probably thinking Crazy Lady!

January 12, 2010 - A Dance For Two

Today, I came home and greeted Kirby and Toby with a tune. Everyone know the SuperMario Bros. tune? Do-do doo do-do DO-do... Well, there are words to the song. And guess who knows them? Yep, it's me.

And did I sing them? Yep.

And did I replace "Mario" with "Kirby-o"? You bet.

Did I twist, jump and hop around like a complete nut serenading my rabbits? Oh yeah.

Here's the kicker - Kirby danced WITH ME! He flicked his ears and binkied and he did a full-body shiver/shakey-shake. It was soooo cute! Then I opened the door and he came bouncing out and binkied and ran around the living room. What a joy!

:dutch

Toby has recovered and he still hates us. He grunts. He does not like us touching him. He still attacks Kirby. I don't know what he wants. What would make him happy? He seems so angry and upset at us, everyone and everybun.

Ive been sobbing the last 15 minutes wondering if I did the wrong thing thinking I could win him over one day. Maybe he doesn't like this home. I bought him from a store. He didn't choose to be with us. Maybe I made the wrong decision keeping him here. Would he be happier in a family with no other pets? My heart is shattered seeing him so mad, lashing out at us. I just don't know what I did wrong to make him like this. I want him to be happy. I want to see him binky. I want him to be my baby boy.

I don't know how to make things better. Heis my Toby... What do I do?

I'm trying to get some sleep. My husband took Toby out to the living room to run.

Some bunnies don't binky all the time. For the longest time, my Toby would only binky when I wasn't in the room (or anyone in the room, for that matter). You would be lucky to hear the binky. lol It took him 4 years to not be so binky shy. Now, he is still a little odd with it, but will do them when I am in the room. He just doesn't like us looking directly at him!

Congrats on the Kirby dance!

(>'.')>

<( '.' )>

<('.'< )

Toby does binky, he is capable of it and he does it on his own. He likes to run in the living room. That's the only time I can tell when he's happy. Rest of the time he just listlessly stares and without warning lashes out to bite Kirby and wack away our hands with his ear flicks. He doesn't really like to be pet. I don't know what to do with him to trust us more. He just seems to be back to his angry old crazy self. Worse than before his stasis last month. I thought he was getting calmer and more relaxed. But now it's like back to day one.

toby sounds a bit like my doe, roxy, who will be5 this year. when we got her she had spent the first 5 months of her life in her hutch. she was so timid and frightened that i worried she would have a heart attack when we went near her. her breathing would be the same staccatto beat as her heart. until last january she was forever trying to hide behind her husbun, hartley. when he died and we got a new husbun she became a different bunny. after 4 years she would give noserubs, bunny kisses and just loved to be petted.

i sometimes wonder if roxy was sent to me to test my patience!

greetings to his majesty btw:)

I'm sorry you're still stuggling with Toby. I'm sturggling with Mimzy right now..nothing helps and she gets worse everytime i cage her at night. i try treats and floor time...my daughter can pet her no problem! Onnly time she lets me pet her is if I ignore her and she'll nudge me and let me pet her for just a second.
I'm not dealing with any aggression though between the couple so I don't know about that

Thanks for the replies. Ali, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm still really sad by the whole thing.

My Carmel (lionhead) won't let me pick him up, he will let me give him some pets when I feed him or change his litter. He prefers just to run around the bunny room exploring, really doesn't like human contact. He knows he's loved, he gets a treat every night, pets, food, hay and toys. I know Toby loves you.

Helen, I'm sorry you're feeling sad about Toby. Give him time. Baci used to run away from us. He hated being held and would jump out of my arms everytime. Aside from scaring me to death, (b/c of his damaged foot) I would get upset b/c he wanted nothing to do with me. Now he's so loveable, still no bunny kisses though. Also we've had Shades and Cappucino for a year now, Shades will let you pick her up andonly givehubby bunny kisses after 6 months of living here. Cappy will still fight us. She will come up and nudge me when I ignore her. Figure in time I'll earn her trust.

I should know better. A bun mom's patience can never run dry.

I'm more heartbroken than anything else, though. In my mind I wonder if Toby would be happier somewhere else with a family who can dote on him and spoil him 150% of the time. In my heart I know he is my fur baby and I could never... never, ever allow him to be anywhere else but home. Here. With me.

It just hurts sometimes when you love a little thing so much and he has so much anger towards you.

kirbyultra wrote:
I should know better. A bun mom's patience can never run dry.

I'm more heartbroken than anything else, though. In my mind I wonder if Toby would be happier somewhere else with a family who can dote on him and spoil him 150% of the time. In my heart I know he is my fur baby and I could never... never, ever allow him to be anywhere else but home. Here. With me.

It just hurts sometimes when you love a little thing so much and he has so much anger towards you.
I can't get to in depth but I can say that I know what you mean. I will make a nice post tomorrow or Friday about Wyatt.

i know i get pushed away and distant with Mimzy because even though she isnt aggressive she is very anti-social and wants nothing to do with me.
i dont dare even think about rehoming her because...well fallow would be sad. and i know shes happy i just have to accept she doesnt want anything from me but food and treats, no pets or love.

fuzz16 wrote:
i know shes happy i just have to accept she doesnt want anything from me but food and treats, no pets or love.

You are right about that. I think I have to get it in my head that Toby is different. He isn't a smaller, white version of Kirby. He's just got a different personality. I don't want to write him off as the bunny who doesn't need me. But I'm having a hard time finding the balance where I give him enough attention that he feels his slaves love him, and that we'll always be there for him, and yet not get myself so incredibly attached that every time he feels like shattering my heart, he can. :tears2:

How does anyone manage to do this with something as charming as a cute little baby bunny?:(

Latest posts

Back