Kimiko's Wonderful World

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunny parents wrote:
Wabbitdad12 :
:laugh: lol, that's true, Dave. Wow ! your son is good. I fix all technological stuffs by saying " Honeyyyy, something's not righttttt ! ". :expressionless ...wait... is this called fixing ?.
I believe thats called supervising.;)

[align=center]It's time :bunny24
[/align][align=left]
Well, it's been a while that I didn't update the blog. Nothing much lately... well, except last week. It was a crazy week, my hubby was so sick, and to make it worst, Kimiko'd been so nervous from her hormone thing :sigh: She kept courting hubby, he couldn't get a good long sleep. It was tiring for her too, she was so tired but refused to go to sleep. She was so restless and lost her interest in eating and the worst is she pooped everywhere ! I mean " everywhere ! " ; bedroom, on our bed, corridor, bathroom,at front door,... gah ! Gladly it's over. This week she's pretty much calmer and hubby is back to healthy :yahoo:

[/align][align=left] What new is Kimiko is having spaying operation tomorrow :expressionless.............. don't know what else to write. I'm so freaking out and scared. We have an appointment in the morning, 08.30 AM to be exact. First we wanted to arrange the operation on Thu , but the vet will be busy. So tomorrow morning it is ! Since I knew about this, I've been feeling butterflies in stomach..... Okay, I guess that's it for now. I'll let you guys know after the surgery.
:pray:

[/align]

Awwww I know exactly what you're going through, I am a nervous wreck just thinking about getting Snickers done and a male is so much easier.

She and your hubby will feel so much better once she's spayed, I'll be thinking of her tomorrow and please keep us updated.

:pray:
Prayers that everything goes smoothly.

I know you must be worried about the pending surgery for tomorrow because Kimiko is your little baby. I do hope your vet is bunny savvy and provides a little pain medication for her aftercare.

Sending good vibes for fast healing :hug: :pray:

myheart

nature-12.gif

sending u tons of positive vibes for Kimikos quick recovery!!..hugs from me to u..:)

Brandy, Myheart and Lisa,
Thank you all so much :) The operation went well. The vet told us that she's very strong, he needed put her another dose during surgery because she woke up ! My brave and stubborn girl :) The vet said everything is fine. He's a savvy bunny vet, as we met him several times since we've got Kimiko. Right now she's resting in her lounger I made it for her for this special occasion. Now she is half awake half sleeps :? I mean... you know... she rests a bit then tries to move , then struggling to go up on her cage. The vet give her injection for pain-killer and we need to go there for another dose tonight after 21.00 PM. I'll give you guys update. Thank you again. Thank you so much for comforting me and for caring our Kimiko. :big kiss:

Okay, Lisa. Millions thanks. :) And your pic cracked me up. I opened this page, scrolled down and the first thing I notice was this foot - tapping bunny. :rofl: it's funny. Hey, when will you start your own blog ? Do you need help ? I can help you , but with one condition : all of your " bunnies the gang " have to come staying with auntie Vircia ! huh ? Sounds nice offer,right ? :yahoo: I know ! lol
Lots of hugs ! :hearts:

Thank you, Brandy :) I'll let her know. She's doing okay now, still not eating. She's sitting still. How about Snickers ? Will you get him spayed ?

Yup he will be getting neutered, I just don't know when since I don't know his exact age, I'm so worried about doing it too early.

I'm sure she will eat soon, she's such a smart girl.

I am so glad to hear she is safe at home with some pain meds in her. Try to keep her warm and quiet. Have you tried to entice her with a bit of cilantro or parsley? Herbs might help to calm her tummy. I think now would be a good time for you to hand-feed her whatever her favorite foods or treats might be. See, we came up with an excuse for you to hand-feed her, and it's a good reason too. ;)

I hope she feels back to normal soon.

myheart

myheart and Lisa :

Thank you so much for checking on us and I'm so sorry that I didn't write anything since last night. We went out to see the vet around 21.00. It was another vet, not the one who gave Kimiko operation. She checked on Kimiko and told us that the wound's look fine and Kimiko's look okay too. She asked if Kimiko ate. When I told her that she didn't eat or drink anything, she suggested us to buy baby food, such as Gerber and gave us syringes to take home. We got back home at 22.30 PM. Kimiko went right away to hide in her spaceship, her toy, and rested there. At midnight hubby tried giving her parsley and she ate it ! Thank God :pray: Then I gave her couple pieces more and she ate them all. It was a small amount but at least she ate some. :) But last night I didn't see any dropping or pee.
Today she seems to be a bit better, I hope. At 09.30 AM I gave her some parsley and she ate it a bit more than last night. I made her water mixed with raspberry juice, a home made one from hubby's mother. I gave her water with a small spoon. She sipped it a bit, couple spoons. Then around 11.30 AM she went to her litter box and nibbled a bit hay. When she got out I checked in there and I saw poops and a bit pee ! I'm so gladdddddd :biggrin: She popped normal droppings, round and hard. Her pee is just s small amount, but that because she drank so very little. I tried offering her more parsley soaked with water but she refused. Then I gave her dandelion leaves which she loves a lot. She took couple of it. She starts eating but so very little. I hope her appetite will be back soon. I offered her some treats but she didn't take any. She ate only parsley and a bit dandelion leaves and a sip of water. If she starts eating even it's just a little, should I go buy Gerber for just in case ? I'm thinking about buying Basil and yoghurt drops ( we ran out of it and I didn't think about it at all :pssd: Bad momma ! ) Any suggestions guys ? Thank you so so so so much for all your helps, your advices and everything. Thank you for being with us for whole time :) We're really appreciate it. God bless you all :innocent
Take care, I'll update more, I promise.
Vircia.

Ohhhhhhh I'm am so glad that she is eating, even if it's just a little it means she's starting to feel better :hug1

And pooping and peeing means everything is working as it should be!

YAY Kimiko :big kiss:

Vircia, you are right, she really does need to eat a bunch more than what she has. I think I would stay away from anything sugary like the yogurt drops because bunnies don't process sugar very well.

Do you have any Critical Care or pumpkin? She really needs fiber to get her gut moving. The baby food would also be a good idea. Peas, carrots, or sweet potato in the Stage 2 packaging would be best. The sweet potato has more fiber like pumpkin does, but don't be surprised if she doesn't like it as much as she would pumpkin.

I'm glad you were able to get her to eat some parsley and dandelion leaves. As any of the Infirmary Mods would tell you, keep pushing hay (fiber)and water. Try syringing the water to her to make sure she takes it. Just aim the syringe behind her front teeth so it doesn't get forced down her throat. You might find that Kimiko will want to drink it out of the syringe on her own because she is so thirsty. You need to keep her hydrated with water so her gut will work better.

Hope that helps....

myheart

Momto3boys :
Thank you Brandy. I hope she feels better today too.

myheart :
Even she ate a bit on her own I still do need to force feed her ? :( Then I have to go buying baby food then. Thank you for your suggestion.

[align=center]Update on Kimiko
[/align] [align=left] At 15.00 PM I went to check on her. She was awake and still laid down in her spaceship. First I gave her water (the one with juice) and she drank it. Then I fed her parsley and this time I gave her about half handful amount and she ate all. I saw few normal poops laying down next to her in the cardboard box and also one soft stool. I can't really tell it's cecostropes because it was crushed on the floor by the time I discovered it. I will keep feeding her. I'll let you guys know later. Thank you for reading. :)
[/align]

Does she have more of an appetite today? If she seems more willing to eat on her own, then you might not need to worry as much. If Kimiko hasn't eat much more than a few sprigs of parsley and a few dandelion leaves, then I would be a bit more concerned. Does she want her pellets? Did you ever pick up some canned pumpkin? I would offer these first before the baby food, as long as she wants to eat. Water is just as important to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated.

It is difficult to tell with syringe feeding because I don't know exactly how much Kimiko has eaten. If you are able to stimulate her appetite with veggies and hay, she will be okay. But if she is being fussy, you might want to syringe water to start with to help get her appetite going. If she doesn't eat like normal, then start other syringe feedings.

I know you love Kimiko so much, and having her back to normal would be so comforting for you. It sounds like she will bounce back with your help and care.

myheart

myheart :
I tried offering her pellets couple times but she didn't want to eat it. She prefers only parsley and some water. I didn't give her water with syringe. I took a small plastic spoon I got it from syrup. She drank from it. For me, today she seems to have more appetite than yesterday. Even she ate a bit but today she ate two times already and I will continue feeding her. I'll let you know further. I gotta call hubby and ask if he could drop by the shop and buy some. Thank you again, myheart.

Latest posts

Back