Kimiko's Wonderful World

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny parents

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to my very first blog. My name is Vircia and I'd like to share my stories of our lovely bunny. Thank you so much for your time. :)
[align=center]
First Day Home !!!

[/align][align=left]One of many many dreams of mine is having bunny. Unfortunately, I had an allergy,so my mom never allowed me to have one. Well, time passed and my allergy got better and better. Finally, the dream came true on 2nd July 2010 ( thanks to my beloved husband :hug: ). We've searched and checked for informations of raising pet bunny, one day we called to a pet shop asking if they have Mini lop. It turned out they have, but only one. The lady at the shop said like this to my husband " Well, we have, wait we don't ! Ok ! let me check... Ok, one bunny has 1 ear up and another one down, but I think she's Mini lop " :? Anyway, we decided to check on this little bunny. And there she was, among other little bunnies, hopping and eating in the cage. She was so cute ! So tiny. I knew from that moment that we got to take her home:biggrin: We were so excited ! Actually it was me who couldn't sit still ! As we read, it's better to let a bunny gets used to the environment and her cage. It was so hard for me to do so.I had to keep in mind, " not now, not now " Since then, I knew, this little bunny will change our lives.

This is how our bunny looked like on the first day home :

kimiko_res1.jpg

[/align][align=left]On her little terrace :

kimiko_res2.jpg

[/align]She was about 3 months old when we first met, a hand-sized little cuty :

kimiko_res3.jpg

To be continued,
Have a nice day ! :wave:

:) Thank you, Dave. I love that picture too. I sent it to show my mom. She said to me " Wait, I thought you said you bought a bunny, this is guinea pig ! " :biggrin: haha ! She was so little at that time.

[align=center]She's a Lady ! Wo wo wo Lady Bunny !!!
[/align][align=left]
finding the right and cool name for bunny was a BIG challenge for both of us. Well, we talked about bunny's name couple days before we bring this bunny home. It began with " Gizmo" and came along with " Dumbo" " Sushi",...etc. Ahh yes, we thought this little cute bunny is a Boy. ( According to the lady at the shop " It's a girl. Wait... let me check again.... a Boy ! It's a Boy ":confused2: ) Finally, my husband named this BOY " Teal'c " , it's a name of one character on Stargate he likes. So we called bunny every day " Teal'c ! Come here " " Teal'c ! Good morning, are you hungry ? " " Teal'c ! Come here, boy !. Then one day we decided to take her to a vet for health checking and vaccinating. Guess what ? This vet told us a surprising thing " Hmmm, I'm 99.99 % sure that it's a GIRL ! " :expressionless We both were speechless. We did all stuffs, plus the cage for bunny boy and it turned out to be a GIRL ??? :biggrin: My husband made a cage and I made a name tag on it.
[/align][align=center] This is the cage ( You can see the name tag with a boy name ) Hahaha !
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
kimiko_res10.jpg
[/align][align=center] This is her at the first week with us. Meal time :)
[/align][align=center]
kimiko_res5.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]
Two weeks later, relaxing bunny

kimiko_res4.jpg

[/align][align=left]
Kimiko was a very shy bunny. She didn't like to be touched. When we laid next to her cage. She was so cautious, watching us ( " Don't you dare touch me..." ).After we did bunny proofing in our room, we let her out. I thought it would take sometimes or even other days she will come out, But no ! She was so curious and came out to explore her home :) " --sniffed here-- -- sniffed there -- oh ! oh ! I'm too close with these giant bunnies !! " Then she ran away. She likes to jump around the room and soon she picked her favourite spots.
[/align][align=center]
Kimiko's favourite spot ( next to the window)

kimiko_res6.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]With her favourite toy
[/align][align=center]
kimiko_res7.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]Sleepy Bunny

kimiko_res8.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Zzzzzz...[/align][align=center]
kimiko_res9.jpg
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left] Kimiko " I'm sleepy, good night everyone. Bye ! :wave:"[/align][align=left]Have a nice day ![/align][align=left]To be continued.
[/align]

Thank you for visiting my blog, Dave. :) This cage is my Husband's Master piece, it took him couple days. We couldn't find the materials just like I saw from Youtube how to build a cage for bunny.Anyway, it was a very good idea we made it. Kimiko loves her place, now she doesn't have problem about bed time any more. Before this, it was my mistake. I didn't read carefully about cage, we bought a usual cage from pet store and Kimiko didn't like it. She bit it during the night. Now she knew when she has to be in the cage, with her toys. :thumbup Bunny's happy, Mommy's happy too !!! :biggrin:

Thank you for visiting again :) Trust me, I want more bunnies too ! :D But to do so, probably my husband and I will have to sleep in the kitchen and the bedroom will belong to a bunch of bunnies !!!

[align=center]What a Summer
[/align][align=left] This year, Summer was so hot. I'm kinda glad that it's slowing passing. I didn't know before that in Summer bunnies are more lazy. Well, Kimiko showed that too me :D She was so lazy, sleepy whole day. Can't wait to see how she will react in Winter :hyper:
[/align][align=center]
Melting bunny

[/align][align=center]
kimiko_res11.jpg

[/align][align=center]
kimiko_res12.jpg

[/align]
Have a nice day :rabbithop
To be continued...

[align=center]Mumm,daddd... I told you I don't wanna play now !!!

[/align][align=left] Even though our Kimiko will become so lively in the morning and evening (depends on little girl's mood), there are moments that she doesn't care and we can do anything with her, of course except holding her :D , and I mean ANYTHING !!! Once she was laying down in her cage, resting. MY husband went up there to pet her and tempt her to play and this is how she reacted...

[/align][align=center]
toy1.jpg

toy2.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]:carrot Hmmm, yum yum yum :carrot
[/align][align=left]
We started to introduce fresh veggies about a month ago. So far, we found couple types she likes, such as radish tops, basil and parsley. My bunny always surprises me. For me, rabbit and carrot come in pair and I thought every bunnies love carrots. Well not my girl, she seems to prefer green stuffs more than carrot. Every time we give her green veggie, she will finish it up so fast that I really can't tell if she chews or not :D She just munches, munches, munches it up :eats:

[/align][align=center]Radish tops ; one of Kimiko's favourite

rzodkiewka4.jpg

What ? I'm trying to eat here !!!

rzodkiewka3.jpg

[/align]

We have some more pics to share :) Enjoy !

[align=center]Sleeping beauty

recznik1.jpg

recznik2.jpg
[/align][align=center]
recznik4.jpg
[/align][align=center]:shock: Oops ! There's my hair on her face ????
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Nap time (after destroying her mat)
[/align][align=center]
flop1.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
flop2.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=left]Have a nice day, everyone ! :)
[/align][align=left]Thank you for visiting :big kiss:
[/align]

hln917 wrote:
I love all the pictures of Kimiko, she's definitely one lucky bun! Congrats!
Hello, Helen :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog. :) :blushan: I hope I take a good care of her and give everything what a bunny should get. I still have to learn a lot about this little girl. Very nice to meet you. A bunny on your avatar is so cute, that's yours ? :) pretty colour !

[align=center]Yeah yeah ! My little girl loves me too ! :biggrin:
[/align] I used to post a thread " Can bunny bond with more than one person ? " I was confused how Kimiko reacts with me and with my husband. She likes to lick him now and then and allowed him to pet her as long as he wants to, but never to me. I was sad and jealous, silly me,right ? lol. Anyway, some bunny mommas here helped me to understand bunny, also comforted me to love bunnies just the way they are ( thanks again :) ). I finally stopped thinking about it too much and I know that my girl loves me, but maybe just in a different way.
[align=left] But something happened last night. Last night we had a friend sleeping over with us here. Kimiko always gets along well with everyone. Well, so far she's never scared of strangers, they even can touch her (a bit, of course). Last night, too, she sniffed, walked and ate normally every time we had guests at home. I'm concerned about her, I didn't want her to be stressed of this. So I kept her company most of the time while my husband and his friend were playing some musics. I petted her and told her that our friend will stay with us for one night and everything is okay. I think Kimiko was a bit annoyed by the music but she didn't show any stress. Anyway, I laid down next to her petting her, suddenly, without an expectation, she licked my top, then my pants :shock: I was so surprised !!! She never did that before. I was so so so so happy,lol. Wow !!! I'm so happy to know that she loves me and considers me as a person whom she can rely on :) I guess this is it, this is why so many people fall in love with their bunny so deeply ( I'm one of them ! ). Bunnies have their own ways to make us smile, to laugh and to love them so much no matter what they do :) Life with bunny is delightful !!! :hearts
Oh, my girl is hungry now. I gotta go. Have a nice weekend, everyone.
Thank you for visiting :bunny22:
[/align]

@ Dave and Larry : Thank you for visiting :) yes, We're so happy to have her. She's very lovely and sweet little bunny. We taught her couple tricks ; standing on two feet and giving momma a kiss. :D I still don't have new pics to update on the blog. We're working on taking a photo of her with a hat for Hat Fall month.:biggrin: Although it's quite hard to put a hat on her :D She thinks it's a treat and wants to eat it, lol.

[align=center]Ahhh ! Kimiko, what are you doing in there ???
[/align]
[align=center]Okay, before I tell you guys this. Bunny had no harm !!!
[/align][align=left] About two days ago, we gave Kimiko free run in every rooms. Before she could only be in our bedroom. We let her out to the hall, bathroom and kitchen, seeing what she will react. She went to explore every place right away !!! And it seemed she's happy about this, now that she knows " Where does mummy get my food ? ", " What does daddy do in that room ? ", " where the sound of water come from ? ".
And it happened yesterday morning. After my husband left to work, I started my daily habit ; cleaning :p Along that time Kimiko went with me every where to see what I do. Well, I went to pee, of course Kimiko came to see me, and I swear I did see her went out, so I flashed and hurried to go after her. I called her couple times and I couldn't find her. so I went back to check at the toilet and what I saw is she was sitting in the washing machine !, looking at me like " what, ma ? ". It was so funny, she sat there while this case inside the washing machine was swinging a bit , due to her weight. :biggrin: I ran back to my bedroom, grabbed the closest camera I could reach to, of course my old junk cell phone :X lol. Then I ran back to take some evidences for showing my husband. She did surprise me because it seemed she was really enjoyed jumping in and out from there and the swing. :D We'll consider taking her to playground outside our apartment. I wonder if she will like outside, or she prefers in the washing machine:nasty: hahaha.
Sorry for the quality of photos though. Next time, I'll grab a camera instead ( if I'll be quicker than I am now,lol) Enjoy !
[/align][align=center]
Image063.jpg
[/align][align=center]
Image060.jpg

[/align] [align=center]
Image062.jpg

[/align] [align=center]
Image064.jpg
[/align][align=center]
Image065.jpg
[/align][align=left]:happybunny: Thank you for visiting. Have a nice day, everyone !
[/align]

Latest posts

Back