Kimiko's Wonderful World

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE THE PICS!!.and i agree i like the way u tell a story...makes me smile:)
what a nice carrier she has to go to the vet in...ive never seen one so nice :).hows Kimikos sneezing ?

Lisa :
Thank you. I'm glad you like it :) That carrier I found it last Summer when I went to a supermarket for shopping. There was a shop selling wooden stuffs. Kimiko still sneezes but not much often and not less with a bit wet nose. Nothing else I notice. She drinks and eats normally, actually she has sweet teeth now, always begs for some treats :D We'll take her to the vet this evening around 21.00 PM.
How are your buns ? Big hug for you and Angel :hugsquish:

You said you were taking Kimiko to the vets? Did you go? How is everything? How is Kimiko doing?

I just love those pictures of her sleeping like that! :shock:

Nela :
Thank you for asking. Yes, we went to see the vet last night. He said he is sure it's nothing serious. he diagnosed that her symptoms and concluded that she catches a cold, due to the temperature has dropped so quickly. It's really cold here. He gave her some vitamins B and Anti- inflammatory ( I hope we translated this right ! ) and something for bringing up her appetite. She's doing OK, only won't eat pellets. She eats hay and drinks the same. I'm quite sure that she doesn't want to eat pellets because she's so addicted to oats now :thud:

[align=center]TOUGH LOVE !!! :ph34r2
[/align][align=left]
The trip to the vet was fine. We planned to go out around 20.30 PM, so we would get earlier queue and wouldn't have to come home so late. Well, plan was off ! Kimiko wouldn't go to the carrier. I think she knew where we're going. We tricked her with treats and everything. It took half an hour to get her in there and not by her willing. Hubby had to push her in there. :sigh: The funny part was couple days ago while she was controlled by hormones, he could do anything with her ; holding her, lifting her up,...etc. But now that hormones went down, she went back to her - " stop touching me"- self !! Anyway, by the time we arrived at the clinic it was around 21.30 PM but lucky us ! There was no queue. We waited about 10 mins, there was a dog before us. The vet checked her nose, her breathing, stomach, hair,...etc. and he said it's nothing serious. He said Kimiko catches a cold. He gave her vitamins B, Anti- inflammatory, and something for bringing up her appetite.He suggested us to observe her more for couple days and if she won't recovered or still sneeze, we will go visiting him again on Thu. I really hope it will pass. Now she sneezes but less frequent. Her discharge is visible from time to time but not that wet any more. Get well soon, my lovely gal. Momma is worried like hell !!!!
As I mentioned before that now I feed Kimiko Oxbow15/23 and she loved loved loved it. When I mixed it with the old pellets, she chose to eat only Oxbow, but now she seems to dislike it. This issue started the same moment as catching cold and hormones thing. So I thought it's caused by those. But now that I recall, I feed her morning pellets mixed with oats. She gobbled oats up rapidly ! And left the pellets. Well, " Tough love" time is required now. I hope it won't take so much time for her to eat pellets again. Since morning ( today ) she keeps begging me for food. I know I have to be tough, but this little girl is smart. She knows what I like and she is doing every thing I like now ; following me around, begging me with those eyes ( Gahh ! ), licking me,...etc. Gosh ! :panic: I have to tell myself " Be tough ! Be tough ! Don't let those big brown eyes full you " :nope:I fed her ( by hand :biggrin2:) some pellets, she finally took some. Hopefully, she will stop being picky. Sometimes Kimiko can be so stubborn girl, but gosh ! I love her :bunnyheart.
[/align]

Momto3boys :
Thank you so much. I hope it will stop too and we don't have to go seeing the vet again. Yes, Kimiko is a charming bunny and she's smart ! She uses her charming on me and guess what ??? It works very well !!! :laughsmiley:

oh im so glad shes doin ok!..and trust me i KNOW what ur talking about when u say they are good beggars,,oh my gosh Flashie reaches up to me and touches my upper leg,it just melts my heart.he has this pitiful look on his face and starts poking around on the floor for a stray bit of hay...geez!!..lately when he does this ive been keeping a bit of fresh mint or basil handy and ill give him a leaf...that lets me get away from his clever begging:and its healthy for him..but boy oh boy he luvs his oats at night..i sprinkle a tiny bit on his pellets and hes so crazy to get to them he falls off his shelf and scrambles to the bowl running thru his water bowl in the process..i laugh everytime:)...anyways back to our girl Kimiko.. if i were u i would change what hay ur using...as a test i would buy another kind and use it for awhile see if that sneezing stops.....ur kimiko is so funny she has u wrapped around her little precious paw,.,and i luv hearing about it!.pretty soon shes gonna have u feeding her an oat at a time..:)..im glad u had ur checked out at the vet.. u guys are the perfect bunny parents..wish there was more of you around..hugs and more hugs...Lis

Oh Lisa :) You're always so sweet. Thank you so much. Well, Kimiko's begging worked this morning. I decided not to give her oats mixed with pellets in the morning. I gave her oats while I was grooming her. She was so happy, eating with the oink oink sound ! :rofl: She starts eating her pellets again, but only when she has to :faint: I cut back the amount of treats, so hopefully we won't have to be in Tough love situation for long. Thanks for your advice about hay, we will change it. yesterday my hubby went to pet store for new bag of hay and there was nothing left in the shop. More bunnies in Poland or no hay any more ? :? We'll see today. She sneezes less and I barely see discharge from her nose. Your Flashie and my Kimiko are the same, when my girl sees oats she goes crazy too. You have to see when I give her pellets. She will eat them but with her disappointing face ! It's like " Yeah yeah whatever, I'm hungry". So funny. I love your new avatar, cute one.
Lots of hugs lots of hug and lots of hug !:hug:
Vircia.

[align=center]"Kimiko and Momma home alone without daddy" Part 1
[/align][align=left]
It is so quiet... :( My hubby went out this morning to another town for his work and he will be back on Monday evening. It's just really nor a good day. Starting the day without electricity. I prepared Hubby's favourite scramble eggs before he will go, suddenly all lights went down. Turned out we both have to go to McDonald for breakfast, Yes ! Breakfast. :bangheadInstead of eating his favourite scramble eggs :pssd: We ended up with BigMac. Gahhh ! Then he drove me back home and left right the way. The electricity's started working at 14.00 PM. So that's the time I got my " Morning" coffee. This is just beginning, the internet went down :crash Then another 1.5 hours waiting for it works again. Can it be any harder ??? bring it on ! :grumpy:
Kimiko is feeling better now. She eats more than couple days ago. She eats pellets, but still keeps looking for oats. Good that my hubby bought new bag of hay, fresh green. She loves loves it.
Now my girl is sleeping. I have completely nothing to do. I always cook for hubby and myself, but every time I'm home alone, I'm kinda lazy to cook. Eating alone doesn't bring any appetite.
It's been a while since the last time hubby went to Nigeria for 3 weeks. I just don't like being home alone, really,considering that now I'm a full-time housewife !!! Okay, enough for drama :D I've promised about posting some photos from the zoo trip with our friend, well now I have time. So here they are...
[/align][align=center]
The greeting squirrel, he greeted us at the entry. He was so friendly and cute !
P1060219_res.jpg

OK, I don't know about other EU countries and also USA,I've never been there. Why every zoos I went have Flamingos as the very first animals you will see right after you go through the gate...( I love their colors )
P1060221_res.jpg

Morning giggling
P1060239_res.jpg

Piranha
P1060256_res.jpg

Finding Nemo... oh ! here he is !
P1060258_res.jpg

...I don't remember their name :expressionless
P1060267_res.jpg

This is when a monkey knows someone's taking his pics.
P1060274_res.jpg
[/align][align=center]The Master of meditation
[/align][align=center]
P1060276_res.jpg

[/align]

[align=center]YIKES !!!
[/align] [align=center]
P1060286_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] Sleeping Beauty Red Panda
[/align] [align=center]
P1060304_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] My favourite bird of all time :)
[/align] [align=center]
P1060308_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] The "zoo" next top model 2010
[/align] [align=center]
P1060319_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] " Hey, penguin ! Hey you ! "
[/align] [align=center]
P1060366_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] Penguin : " What ? What ? You have fish ? "
[/align] [align=center]
P1060365_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] Penguin : " Ahhhh, you don't have a fish "
[/align] [align=center]
P1060367_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] "mommaaaaa ??"
[/align] [align=center]
P1060392_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] " I'm here, baby "
[/align] [align=center]
P1060397_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] Pleaseeeeee
[/align] [align=center]
P1060406_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] So elegant :)
[/align] [align=center]
P1060408_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] Tiger !
[/align] [align=center]
P1060428_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] Nice color ;)
[/align] [align=center]
P1060449_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center] Here comes, spider !
[/align] [align=center]
P1060463_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]
P1060470_res.jpg

[/align]
[align=left] If I posted all photos my husband took from that day, it would be ten pages updating in a roll ! :) So I took some of my favourites.
Well, as much as I love going to the zoo, seeing those animals being caged, lack of freedom, losing their natural instincts is killing me deep down inside, but on the other hand, how can we be sure they will survive by themselves out there where everywhere is a "Human" land. Can we say these animals are lucky ? Lucky to be away from the wilds, the oceans where they belong ?
[/align][align=center]
P1060322_res.jpg

[/align][align=left]
Have a nice weekend, everybody.
[/align]

oh Vircia u crack me up with the comments u write under the pics..!! excellent photos.!..i dont think ive ever seen a squirrel look like the one that greeted u ...
im in agreeance with you on how sad the zoo can be..i watch the animals in their cages and i see them pacing and wearing a rut in the ground and it breaks my heart to see them in there..i know its suppose to be a positive thing..but i just cant seem to agree on that..so i dont go to the zoo....or the circus for that matter..same thing makes me sad...thank u for sharing those beautiful pics! they were so nice i thought that a professional photographer took them...:)

Lisa :
Thank you so much,Lisa. I've never seen squirrel like this little guy before too. He was so cute. Yes, it's so sad seeing them in the zoo. Zoo is ok by me, I mean I don't like the idea them being caged, but at least they take care of them, they have food, water and some spaces :expressionless, but circus is the worst for me. I hate circus and I've never been there even once. So many times I saw the news about circus animals attack the keepers or audiences. I have no doubts why. Who likes to be treated like that. It's just my opinion after all.
Thank you again for all the compliments. My hubby loves taking photos. It wouldn't be so nice, if I was the one taking them :D Like I always say," I know only how to press the button ". Hahaha.
Have a nice weekend, Lisa. :kiss1:

Great pictures!

Its amazing how much you get to depend on things like the internet. A couple of weeks ago, ours went out, my son who is a computer genius fixed it. He went to bed and it bothered him that it wasn't working. He got up and fixed it, this is after he took his insomnia medicine. I asked him how he did it and he said I can't remember.

Wabbitdad12 :
:laugh: lol, that's true, Dave. Wow ! your son is good. I fix all technological stuffs by saying " Honeyyyy, something's not righttttt ! ". :expressionless ...wait... is this called fixing ?.

Vircia, the fish pic you posted but don't know what they are are Discus fish ;) We used to have a tank of them.

You guys have cool stuff at your zoos, we don't have any flamingos or penguins :(

Momto3boys :

Thank you, Brandy. I'll save their name as the title of the pic. I must admit, I've never remembered fish names ! OK, I have a defence for this.It's because those zoos I went ! They put scientific names of species, for example.... uh...uh... never mind :whistling My point is,if they put like this ; a clown fish = Nemo, this would be pretty much easier !! :embarrassed:
Oh so your zoo has proved my theory. Flamingo is not always the first type of animals you see in the zoo. :) Thank you for visiting again.

Latest posts

Back