Jenson's Rex Blog 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenson

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As you may know, I have taken a break from RO for the past few months due to internet/life issues. I also took a break from rabbits for various reasons.

However, I am now back (for good I hope!) and I have some new bunny faces to introduce.

So, here are the bunnies of Jenson Rex 2009! :biggrin2:

First, the bunnies you may recognize. They are all Standard Rex.

This is Hana is my blue doe bred from my heart buns Jay and Mulch. She is very special to me, I can see Jay and Mulch in her all the time.
rohana.jpg

Then we have Darla my bi dalmation doe. She is a huge doe with a big heart!
ro_MG_6180darla.jpg

Missy is Darla's full sister and very much like her in looks and temperament.
ro_MG_6299miss.jpg

Then the bucks, who are all new!

Hart and Rayne are castor brothers. They are 8 months old and totally bonded to each other, they do everything together and don't seem to be able to function without each other. They are both gorgeous and loving buns, but having two on your lap at the same time can be difficult!
ro_MG_6263hr.jpg

Next is Troy, a stunning tort Rex. He is really something special. He's a lovely buck with a great coat and lots of fun to have running around the living room.
ro_MG_6190troy.jpg

And last but not least, Leon my lovely little harlequin boy. He is from the same bloodline as Missy and Darla as you can tell from his head. He's very outgoing and friendly.
_MG_5896leon.jpg

And a few more photos of them:
_MG_5899harthana.jpg

Hana and Rayne sharing an apple.

ro_MG_6269hr.jpg

Hart and Rayne plotting their great escape.

ro_MG_6220darla.jpg

Darla, with something stuck in her teef.

ro_MG_6186troy.jpg

Troy comes charging up to steal a biscuit.

ro_MG_6296miss.jpg

Missy claiming the box.

Okay, that's it for now. Sorry for the poor photos, better ones coming soon!

Missed you all! :biggrin2:

Love Jenson

Hi Jenson,

Welcome back you've been missed.

You have such BEAUTIFUL Bunnies. I want them all, good thing you live so far away from me.:p

Looking forward to hearing about your babies and seeing LOTS of pictures of them.

Susan:)

I want Darla :biggrin2:she is beautiful. You should have been at Bradford mate there were rex coming out your ears and there was a blue, black and seal rex in the auction!! You would have loved it I have never seen so many rex. think I got pics of Ian Gerrards tridali rex it won a lot I have never seen such a good marked one will try and get them up later.

good to have you back xx

Oh Jenson! They are just gorgeous! I can't believe the colors and the sweet faces!

The castor boys stole my heart immediately because they are Big Bos! and when I saw the apple photo and hadn't read the caption...... I thought...... Well that looks like Jay there!!! she's gorgeous!

I'm happy you're back and doing better...... we missed you!

Awww guys, you're so good at making people feel welcome again. Thank you, I love you all! :biggrin2:

Lots more photos soon, I promise! I havn't had a real photoshoot with any of the boys yet, and Missy, Darla and Hana were a few months old the last time they had one so I'm planning a bunny photo day on Wednesday.

Lots of castor butt photos for you Tracy. :p

Polly you are so bad, making me jealous! Can't wait for the photo of Ian's tri, bet it gorgeous. Kinda glad I wasn't there though, I would have come back with ten rabbits. Will definitely get to London this year, I'm going to buy a money box later and put £20 a month in plus whatever change I get. So you'd better be going! :D

Thanks Pennie, what a compliment for Hart and Rayne, I think Bo is their idol! :biggrin2: Sometimes for a split second I go into my bunny shed and think Hana is Jay, she pulls the exact same faces that Jay used to pull. But then I put my hand in the cage and she licks me and I think, "There's Mulch right there!". Bless her. I luff my Hana Bon so much. :inlove:

Oh WOW!

:faint:

Jenson your rabbits are just beautiful! Stunning! I love Darla, and Leon, and Hart and Rayne are SO cute togther..... I just want them all!

I've only seen a mini-rex in real life once ever.... I just wish I could pet them all! :inlove:

mouse_chalk wrote:
I've only seen a mini-rex in real life once ever.... I just wish I could pet them all!
Mine are the big guys, Standard Rex. I prefer the proper sized Rex, more to love! :biggrin2:

You're welcome to come and visit, bring a couple of carrots and they will agree to be friends. :p

Jenson wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
I've only seen a mini-rex in real life once ever.... I just wish I could pet them all!
Mine are the big guys, Standard Rex. I prefer the proper sized Rex, more to love! :biggrin2:

You're welcome to come and visit, bring a couple of carrots and they will agree to be friends. :p
Oops! I did know that lol.... My chair to keyboard connector (ie ME) was faulty again :p

Carrots you say? I'm on my way! :biggrin2: :run:

I want to reach out and snort some bunnies!!! ;)

Oh man! she does sound like Mulch! and I can see Jay's face so well..... isn't that funny - you wouldn't think people could tell the difference in bunnies but even over the internet I can see resemblance!

Leon is my fave!

I honestly can't decide who I like most!:huh

That's probably a good thing. They're just all so pretty! I'd love to have a Standard Rex sometime, even though I'd have to track down a breeder. Everyone else is so into the mini's but I like me some big bunnehs.

Ah, I saw the word "rex", and I had to come check this thread out. :)

Troy is GORGEOUS. I've never seen a rex in tort; I love the way the colors just mesh together. I also lovelovelove Leon; I just recently my harlequin mini rex, so of course I'm partial to your boy.

What's the standard rex temperament like? Are they any different than the minis? I *really* like them. :D

Hehe, keep the pictures coming. I have a feeling I'll be watching this thread.

Holly

naturestee wrote:

That's probably a good thing. They're just all so pretty! I'd love to have a Standard Rex sometime, even though I'd have to track down a breeder. Everyone else is so into the mini's but I like me some big bunnehs.
Bigger is better sometimes! :biggrin2: With a Rex coat you want that rabbit as big as possible so you have more to hug. :cool:

Revverress wrote:
What's the standard rex temperament like? Are they any different than the minis? I *really* like them. :D
Thank you! Troy really is a stunner, I can't help grinning every time I walk into my bunny shed and see him! :p And Leon is just lovely, I've never felt a coat as nice as his on any non self Rex before.

Standard Rex are a lot calmer than Mini Rex from my experience (although this seems to be the case with larger breeds in general). They are very chilled out and laid back, they love human and bunny contact, they want ear rubs and cuddles all the time. They are just big, soppy, loving bunnies. If you want a really nice pet Rex and you don't mind the bigger size then go for a Standard, they just love people!

More photos on the way! :D

Jenson wrote:
naturestee wrote:

Bigger is better sometimes! :biggrin2: With a Rex coat you want that rabbit as big as possible so you have more to hug. :cool:

And SNORT! :biggrin2: My nose needs its daily Bo snorting!

Latest posts

Back