I started a cooking blog!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The store keeps being out of almond bark! We're going to try to go tomorrow morning before Paul goes to work. I did make rum balls today though and posted the recipe, they're so yummy :D AND we're making vodka gummi bears, they're in the fridge now!

Cait, they are good! Definitely making them next year. And the vodka gummi bears (or boozi bears as I call them) are coming along nicely. I keep adding more vodka and they keep absorbing it! It's so cool, we're eating some every day but the level in the container hasn't gone down at all :D MAGIC!

What I did is just put some gummi bears (like a bag and a half) in a big jar with a tight sealing lid, then pour in raspberry vodka about 3/4 up the side of the container. Put on the lid, shake shake shake, and put in the fridge. Shake the jar and flip it over 2 or 3 times a day. When the vodka is all absorbed you can add more. We started them like 6 days ago and I've added vodka 3 times. You keep doing this until the bears are soft all the way through, then they're done! And if there's any extra vodka in the jar when they've softened you can pour it out. It's supposed to take about a week for the bears to soften completely and they'll stay good in the fridge for a while.

Important: Keep the gummi bears refrigerated or they'll turn into sludge, use a jar that holds at least like 3 times as many gummi bears you have because the bears absorb the vodka and get bigger, and remember to shake up the jar.

The Boozi Bears are almost soft all the way through! I kind of forgot about them for a couple of days and now they take up the entire jar. They taste quite good. I'm not a big drinker and tend to prefer girly drinks with a lot of juice but the bears are yummy and the alcohol flavor isn't overwhelming even though there's half a bottle of raspberry vodka in a bag and a half of gummi bears.

And LaylaLop, definitely let me know if you start a blog! We can be blogging buddies :)

Oh and I'm going to post the recipes for the Oreo Truffles and Peanut Butter Truffles now. I made them Thursday and typed up the posts but was waiting until I had a photo. I can add pictures tomorrow though! I doubt anyone will actually make them this year but oh well :) We couldn't get ahold of the almond bark until Wednesday so I couldn't make them sooner.

I followed all the steps and something said my comment would be posted, but I didn't see it. Maybe you have to authorize it?
Lol I don't eat gummy bears anymore, but the recipe sounds easy and very interesting! hehe if the bears are made from vegetable stuff instead of animal, I can try the recipe :)

Vivian, I'm not sure why your comments won't go through because other people have commented successfully and I don't need to approve the comments or anything. Also I just posted a recipe for hummus a few minutes ago, that's vegan! We're nuts about hummus and I think my recipe is very yummy. Last night I posted a recipe for tofu with noodles but it isn't vegan, not sure if there are eggs in the ramen noodles and I use fish sauce in the recipe. It is very good though for non-vegetarians!

One thing I know: your banana cake has been appreciated here! My family loves it! I gotta check your blog once again and dig for more recipes! I got a recipe of hummus, I love it too, I'll check if yours is different, if so, I'll try it. You certainly know how to cook!
:magicwand:
:goodjob:thanks:

Hi again, guess what? I checked your hummus recipe and I managed to leave a comment there! I don't know if I couldn't before because of poor (VERY POOR) internet connection, or because I'm not too smart for the easy things.. I've just left more comments on the blog :)

Vivian, I see that you've been able to leave comments! Yay!

Also, I just added my other hummus recipe. This one doesn't have tahini because I can't always get it and I figured people that read my blog may not be able to get it either.

Haven't posted before...but it just occurred to me, perhaps I'd better! I enjoy reading your blog, but haven't yet tried one of your recipes; mainly because our printer sucks, and I can't be bothered writing them down by hand! lol. But, I am trying the garlic butter dips tomorrow! Will be using dairy free butter though, so will be interesting to see how that turns out. :)

Anaira, you may be better off using good olive oil than the dairy free butter. Sounds iffy to me. Just don't blame me if it turns out weird, okay?! :D

I'm fully prepared for anything I make to turn out iffy! Olive oil sounds like a good idea actually, I'll check tomorrow to see if we have any. It's not something I use very often, so I have no idea if we have it!

If it weren't so late, I'd make them now. I'm looking at the picture, feeling peckish. :p

Back