I started a cooking blog!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Hey guys :D I finally started a cooking blog. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and so far am thoroughly enjoying it even though I'm pretty sure Paul and I are the only ones who've looked at it so far :D Anyone wanna come visit me? Here's the link: http://cheesewithnoodles.blogspot.com/

Also, silly request, but please don't call me by my name if you're so kind to leave a comment on the blog. I'm weird about letting my real name out online even though my blog (and everything else I do online) is quite innocent. I'm actually wanting to change my username here to something without my first name.

Anyone else have a non-bunny blog?

I shared a link to your banana bread on my facebook account - hope that is ok.

I have a blog - but it is mostly about my ultra-conservative Christian spiritual beliefs...so I won't share it here right now (plus it is new and only has 3 posts).

Yay, thanks Peg! I'm so excited to get my first comment, and from you too :D I hope you like the banana cake, had some for breakfast and it's very yummy the next day too.

How long have you had your blog? I kinda get what you mean about being reluctant to share, certain audiences like certain things of course. I'm sure there are some forum members who would love your blog! I always enjoy reading your writing but I'm not a Christian so don't know if ya want me to read :) No pressure.

Also I may put my real name on my blog eventually- just gotta get comfortable with the idea first. I don't know why I'm such a weirdo since I have no problem telling my internet buddies that I have a blog and am going to tell some in real life people too.

Well - as long as folks know upfront that the blog is distinctly Christian (mine not yours) - I guess I can share about it.

But first a bit of the purpose behind my blog...I'm 51 now and it hit me that some day I will be gone but I wanted a way to leave behind for my children (and hopefully grandchildren) some thoughts and life lessons I'd learned along the way - I know that sometimes I do share these things with them - but I wanted it someplace where they could go back and read things.

Plus in the past I've mentored other women in their marriages (well - we all sorta mentored each other) with an email list and I kinda wanted the blog to be available for other women to read when they're discouraged about their marriage, etc. - a place to see how one couple who has made it this long - has made it. As I told one person recently - the only thing Art & I have done right is...stuck together. Our communication skills often suck. Our financial skills are getting better.

But we hung unto God and to each other and here we are - 30+ years later.

Anyway - here's the address for my blog - it will mainly be about my marriage and how God works in my marriage (and in me) to help me learn things / be a better wife / live with my husband (who I do love - don't get me wrong). It will also be how God works in my life too.

http://sharingfrommyheart.wordpress.com/

By the way - I'm on a list of Christian homemakers and a lot of them love cooking/homemaking blogs...I'm going to share your blog with them also.

:D

Only problem with your blog is I don't get how someone wouldn't like bananas....(I love the texture and taste).

Just kidding - my son isn't a fan of them either..

I just read your blog posts! You write well. We're pretty different as far as religion goes but I think we share many of the same ideals anyway. I enjoyed reading your blog and will check in on it :)

Hi Shiloh,

I tried to post on your your cooking website/blog but it wouldn't let me. (I may have done some thing wrong) LOL :biggrin2:

Under post acomment I wrote something then when I when I hit POST COMMENT, it said "Choose a profile" what does that mean?:?

I had a bunch of options. HELP...................................................

Susan:confused2::?

Susan, right below the comment box there's a little drop down box that says "Comment as" and ya have to pick something to comment as. If you don't want to post using your e-mail address, you can pick Anonymous or your name :)

Alma, I'm not sure what canned antipasta is? Can you go in more detail?

Nice! Your recipes are definately yummy and you write very nicely. May I suggest that you take pictures of various stages of preparation and use them to illustrate your instructions.

Patti, I thought about doing that but my kitchen is really ugly and old and blah. If I post something more complicated or specify a confusing ingredient I will take a picture though :D

Your recipe for boiling eggs perfectly looks awesome - I can hardly wait to try it (even though we don't boil eggs much here).

The green bean one looks neat too.

(I'm getting your blog in my email).

Vivian, did you see the banana cake? It's vegan! And so is the salsa (obviously). In the next couple days I'll be posting roasted rosemary carrots which are vegan. I have a great recipe for vegan pancakes that I'll post too sometime and my white chili can be easily vegan-ified. And my spaghetti sauce and baked beans... Do you have any particular requests?

The more I'm reading about how to avoid dementia, etc (and diabetes) - the more I'm becoming convinced I need to eat more along the lines of the "Mediterranean diet"....and especially need to add fish to our diet (YUCK).

So anything along those lines OTHER than salmon....would be welcomed here...

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Patti, I thought about doing that but my kitchen is really ugly and old and blah. If I post something more complicated or specify a confusing ingredient I will take a picture though :D

You don't need to have pics of your kitchen. You can take close-ups of the food without including the kitchen.

Patti, I agree that it's a good idea, but my photography skills aren't very good either. If I make a recipe that has a complicated part or where a photo would help the reader understand, I'll take a picture. Like when I did my post on hard boiled eggs, I took a picture of the eggs after shaking them in the pan and a picture at the end :)

There are some people with food blogs who take gorgeous pictures but I unfortunately am not one of them!

Not to worry, I didn't feel harassed :D One of my goals is to have my photography skills improve! Not so much because I want to take good pictures of food but because I want good pictures of my bunnies and other things.

Latest posts

Back