I started a cooking blog!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yum! I am always looking for ways to make tofu, im a vegetarian but I normally just buy it because my own stuff never tastes so good, so I will give this one a try! good work on the blog, keep it up!

Hope you like it, Geoffrey! It isn't gourmet and is a bit on the salty side you need to serve it on top of rice or something. I posted another recipe for tofu also, but it uses ramen noodles which probably have something meaty in the seasoning packet.

Shiloh,
Can you figure out something easy to do with dried lentils? Easy and vegetarian....I have a bag of lentils I bought in bulk and haven't the faintest idea how to cook them.

Do you have a crock pot? I have this lentil recipe on the blog: http://cheesewithnoodles.blogspot.com/2011/11/lentils-and-rice.html It sounds plain, but it's really good. Also makes a LOT. If you don't have a crock pot, you can cook it on the stove.

I've always made this recipe in the crock pot, but you could do it on the stove like this: put the water in a pot and bring it to a boil, then stir in everything except the onions, oil and rice. Cover and reduce heat to low, cover the pot, then let the lentils cook until they're tender, about 20 minutes (you can stir them every once in a while). When they're tender, bring the water back to a boil and stir in the rice. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and let cook 20 minutes. Don't lift the cover at all during this time and use a timer so the rice doesn't get over or under cooked! While the lentils and rice are cooking, saute the onions. Serve the caramelized onion over the lentils and rice with plain yogurt or sour cream.

Latest posts

Back