Hurricane Sandy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard about those thunder shirts. I might look into getting our dog one. I always feel bad for sedating her during storms. She whines, cries, paces, wont eat...

Rachael--you're in my thoughts and I hope you, your family and bunnies stay safe. I know you've had problems with flooding and I'm sure you're not looking forward to that again.

I'm in Colonial Heights, VA and I also have a very uneasy feeling about this storm. There are ancient trees all around my house and a neighbor's tree fell a couple of weeks ago just from the dampness--no wind.

I'm stocked up on food for all my critters but worried about power outages. My cat Gracie is terrified of rain and wind so she's going to have a rough time. I hope Harvey and Halo don't get too stressed.

Stay safe and warm everyone! I'm going out now to batten down the hatches:)

Rachel, I hope everything is alright with you and your family. I will be thinking of you and all the east coast residents, I've been watching some of the news about it and it does seem like a crazy storm. I hopenwith technology this day and age, they can be more prepared and pass on info to the residents.
Hang in there and update us when you can!!

thanks everyone. I am keeping up with the updates on the news and preparing us as best I can. I just hope I have done enough. Im thinking Audrina will be sleeping with us when the storm comes. We are already feeling the effects of it this morning. Wind and some rain right now. And the worst isnt supposed to come until tomorrow-Monday. I cant believe how huge this storm is. Im trying not to worry myself to death, but being 7 months pregnant, having a 3 year old, and my furbabies, its hard not to worry :(

Thanks, Rachael. I do have food for me but, you are so right, I wasn't able to get bottled water. I'm going to fill every bottle and bag and crock in the house and the bath tub:)

I'll be thinking about you all, too. I live alone (except for my kitty and bunnies) so that makes it scarier and it really helps to hear from others. Stay safe. We're starting to get a little rain and drizzle here so I know it's really beginning for you. I'm watching the weather channel and YIKES what a storm this is! Love and hugs and good thoughts for you and everyone in the storm's path!!!

best of luck to everyone in the path of this storm! :pray:

I lived in new orleans for 9 years, but lucked out - we never got hit with a bad hurricane. we did evacuate for hurricane andrew, which was right before school was supposed to start so it was delayed. it was predicted to be "another hurricane betsy" (which was the worst one to ever hit new orleans, iirc - this was more than a decade before katrina). I was 8 or so at the time, but I still remember my parents boarding up the house, then frantically packing everything up and making sure they had all the important papers - insurance stuff, the deeds to the house and cars, etc. and sharing the back seat with our dog and my hammies on the 10h drive to my aunt and uncle's house in alabama. we ended up with some large tree branches knocked down and the side yard fence (which was really old) was blown down, but that was the worst of it.

Katherine, I'll be thinking of you too. I cant imagine being alone for this :( At least you have your animals and all of us :) Snuggle up to them! If you need anything let me know. You are only an hour and a half away from me. Dont hesitate. Ill send you my number. We have chain saws if you need to be cut out or anything :)

Rachel--Thank you so much for your kindness!!! Bless your hearts!!! I think we'll be fine but the moral support really helps. I will definitely be cuddling with my kitty and bunnies. I usually don't get scared of storms but, as you said, this one is making me uneasy. Just helps to share!
Please take care and be safe!!!

Hope you all and your buns stay safe. I am in its path well kind of. I am in New York/Hudson valley region

Hopefully Clover (my cat) will be calm and she be right with me all the time.

My sister and brother in law were grocery shopping today just because we had their kids and they needed groceries and people here in New York were buying cases of water to stock up with; so theres really no bottled water left in the little grocery stores around here. I've heard theres suppose to be bad wind and snow/rain here in NY with power outages, but probably not as bad as where you are! :pray: Hope everything goes well.

We are having wind gusts ranging from 44-50 mph an lots of rain right now. This isn't even the worst of it yet. The eye of the storm is still below NC.

Been watching the news reports and they are evacuating parts of New York City and put out warnings for other areas in the path of this storm. Apparantly according to reports filtering in here it is going to be bad. Please let us know how you all are. Wish you the best of luck and will keep all of you in our prayers. They are shutting down all transit systems and schools.

Well we made it to church this morning and our whole Sunday school class is at my house for a little hurricane party lunch and football while we still have power. I've told everyone if things get worse they can stay here since we all have kids. So we will see how it goes. The weather is still the same right now as this morning

I just finished my fall garden clean up. I wanted to make sure to get the tomato cages put into the garage and hanging baskets put away so they wouldn't become projectiles. The animals are all getting restless. The birds are singing like crazy, the turtles are pacing, and the buns are hunkered down in their burrows with their mates. One cat is acting normal, sleeping on the bed. The other one who hates storms has been clingy. The fish and gerbils are the only ones that are going about like nothing is going on.

We have light rain at the moment, but the worst isn't expected until Monday into Tuesday. I will be working from home if the office is open. There are shelters open in the area for people in low lying areas. Luckily there are two that will let people take their pets with them. We are on a hill so it is not an issue for us.

All schools in our city ate closed and 5 other cities around us. Two shelters like a mile away have opened. One will allow pets and one won't. My dog is sedated. We are just riding it out

Latest posts

Back