Hurricane Sandy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My family and I will be keeping all of you in our thoughts. Stay safe, everyone!

Thank you for keeping us updated. It has been raining here off and on for the past 3 days and the wind is crazy. My brother and I took the kids trick or treating and My umbrella is toast. a good gust of wind flipped it inside out and then bent it over. :/ Two hours later, I'm still not completely warmed up.

The storm is rolling in fast. When I checked early this morning it was still pretty far out, but it's expected to hit the DMV Area and PA tonight. I never thought Pennsylvania would get a hurricane but the governor has officially declared a state of emergency.

Meg, the thing is, what you will get tonight is nothing compared to what you will get. This thing is HUGE! You will get the outskirts of it. The eye hasn't even gotten to me yet :( it's still in Carolina/bottom of VA

Yeah I saw that! It's scary because It's only a category 1 and expected to be bigger than Isabel. They're comparing it to Agnes which my mother said was terrible.

I saw somewhere that the storm is something like 900 miles wide.

Not wanting to jinx anything, but it's still really quiet here.

We're getting a light drizzle here in northern VA plus some light winds all day. Things are supposed to ramp up by mid-afternoon tomorrow. We've got our flashlights, candles, emergency food, radio, and batteries ready to go! Bunnies are stocked up on food and I've been checking the news all day!

Just FYI: Capital Weather Gang (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang) is a GREAT site for all the latest info.

School has been cancelled for Monday AND Tuesday (I'm thrilled!) so we'll see how it goes. Good luck everyone!

All my friends and (biological) family are out that direction too. My best friend has had graduate school cancelled for at least one day (Hopkins), and everyone is really flipping out. My dad's bunny, on the other hand, loves storms. She's probably having a blast sitting on the back of the couch looking outside.

Stay safe, all of you who are in its path!

It's been raining like crazy since about 3am, and its supposed to continue like this into the afternoon, starting to clear up this evening.

It's been raining like crazy since about 3am, and its supposed to continue like this into the afternoon, starting to clear up this evening.

Hello all!

Hope rachel and Katherine are well :pray:

Well, my clan have been evacuated. We live on the western edge of the Rehoboth Bay in long neck, Delaware. We are staying with friends that were generous enough to take in hubby and I as well as 3 bunnies and Fred (our hermit crab). We are under a state of emergency with level 2 driving restrictions, which means emergency personnel only and persons with a waiver can be on the roads. The rain/wind is intense, and the ocean is definitely up!
If you are interested there are webcams on the Indian river inlet bridge with some spectacular streaming video of the ocean overrunning rt.1 (this is the major north-south artery running past all the Delaware beaches and down into ocean city, MD)
http://www.deldot.gov/public.ejs?command=PublicCameraDisplay&county=3

I pray my house and all of my neighbor's houses will be there when I return. Some of my neighbors have decided to stay and I pray they are ok :pray:
I recommend DE 1 & inlet rd. North indian river inlet. This is a 2 lane rd that runs parallel to rt1 which is a 4 lane divided highway (also in the shot)

We have made it through the night. Still have a lot of rain and wind. We still have power. There is a lot of flooding but we are good :) April, I hope you are okay and Im keeping you in my thoughts. Keep us updated

We have made it through the night. Still have a lot of rain and wind. We still have power. There is a lot of flooding but we are good :) April, I hope you are okay and Im keeping you in my thoughts. Keep us updated

I hope you guys are still okay. I just popped in to let you know that you are all in my thoughts. I hope your fur babies arent freaking too bad. Petals seems to want more attention today. she actually asked me to give a head rub this morning and then let me and my cat hasnt left me alone since last night.

Latest posts

Back