Hurricane Sandy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the worst has passed us. We made it through. Still have power. back yard is a little flooded but thats ok. Its so cold outside though. Yes I did finally find Jackson. He finally ventured out for dinner lol. I knew he would. He is my fat cat that is very food motivated. He is now sitting beside me sleeping, with a full belly. Its still raining pretty heavy but the winds have died down. Audrina bugged me andmy husband all day to go outside. We kept telling her no because it is raining and windy outside. She still kept asking. Our dog needed to go outside about an hour ago, so i told my husband to let her out real quick. Of course, Audrina started hollering to go outside. Now, this kid hates the rain. She cries if we go out in the rain. But she was persistant today. So I told my husband to let her go out because I knew she would come right back in. Boy was i wrong. She went out and started playing on her swingset (it was pouring raining and windy, she didnt care one bit). I told my husband to get her back inside. I think the storm has messed with her brain cells lol

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
April--I am so sorry you and your family and bunnies are having to go through this but I'm glad you're somewhere safe. The ocean where you are is phenomenal. OMG!!! I know the area well. Lived in Georgetown, DE for a few years when I was a little girl. Learned to swim in Lewis Bay:)Sending prayers all day and all night that your home and neighbors will be safe. This storm--oh my.

Birds are going crazy outside. Flying wildly and getting under the eaves of my house. I feel for them, they know something big is coming but they don't know where to go. Gracie, my kittie, is clinging to me and Harvey and Halo have burroughed under the sheets and are snuggling. They know something's up, too, I'm sure of it.

Stay safe and warm and dry everyone!!!

Thanks Katherine! We're getting the highest wind gusts now, so hopefully it will be improving from here on out. That's cool that you lived in georgetown, small world. Rt. 1 is flooded from Dewey beach to the inlet bridge. There's so much sand that I think they're going to have to plow the streets! After the state of emergency is lifted I'll be able to go and check on my house. Stay safe everyone! :pray:

It's lots of rain and wind here. On the bright side I'm getting cleaning done and making rabbit toys when I need a break. I have 75 items for "Toys for hops" that I will be able to mail off when ever I can get out. I'm out of toy supplies. I'm going to have to switch to torturing the rabbits by taking pictures tomorrow. I'm just relieved that work was sensible enough to close the building today and tomorrow.

Well, the worst has passed us. We made it through. Still have power. back yard is a little flooded but thats ok. Its so cold outside though. Yes I did finally find Jackson. He finally ventured out for dinner lol. I knew he would. He is my fat cat that is very food motivated. He is now sitting beside me sleeping, with a full belly. Its still raining pretty heavy but the winds have died down. Audrina bugged me andmy husband all day to go outside. We kept telling her no because it is raining and windy outside. She still kept asking. Our dog needed to go outside about an hour ago, so i told my husband to let her out real quick. Of course, Audrina started hollering to go outside. Now, this kid hates the rain. She cries if we go out in the rain. But she was persistant today. So I told my husband to let her go out because I knew she would come right back in. Boy was i wrong. She went out and started playing on her swingset (it was pouring raining and windy, she didnt care one bit). I told my husband to get her back inside. I think the storm has messed with her brain cells lol

It's lots of rain and wind here. On the bright side I'm getting cleaning done and making rabbit toys when I need a break. I have 75 items for "Toys for hops" that I will be able to mail off when ever I can get out. I'm out of toy supplies. I'm going to have to switch to torturing the rabbits by taking pictures tomorrow. I'm just relieved that work was sensible enough to close the building today and tomorrow.

Well, hope everyone is doing ok out there. Wow it sounds crazy. I don't have cable so I haven't heard much. I can't even begin to imagine a storm that big.

Harvey, Halo, Gracie and I made it through the night. We sat up listening to the wind rage and rain pour and keeping an eye on the trees. Thank goodness, all the trees are still standing and it seems to have quieted down. Just a light rain now. Looks like the worst is over although today was supposed to be the worst day for us. The power is still on.

Prayers for everyone in the path of the storm--especially those on the coast and in New Jersey, New York and New England!!! Hope you are all safe and doing well.

April--I'm praying that you'll be able to return home soon and that your home will be fine. PaGal--Hope things are getting better for you, too, this morning!. Rachel--Glad you and your family and pets made it through so well and that you found your missing kitty. Brandy--Hoping your part of PA wasn't hit too hard and that you're not in the snowy region!
:pray:

We made it through the night and only lost power for a couple of hours during the night. The wind is still crazy and it is still raining. School has been cancelled for the day but Chris still has to go to work. Here is a live video of Lake Erie so that you can get idea of the wind. The west bound lanes have been closed due to the amount of water being blown on to the highway.
http://fox8.com/2012/10/29/live-video-massive-lake-erie-waves/

Thanks Rachel :biggrin:
Glad to hear your family is well! Glad to hear Katherine is ok too! And everyone else that has checked in. :)

My house made it! We snuck back there before they had a chance to block the road. It was 53 degrees in there so happy we were able to turn on the heat. Have power thank the lord :pray:
Unfortunately we had to leave again to gather the stuff we took out so we won't be able to get back until the area is officially open. The yard is a disaster though. Debris everywhere! So we will be cleaning up for a while. The buns are rammy so I look forward to getting them back home.

So we got off very lucky because they were expecting much worse conditions. My heart goes out to everyone else who experienced real damage.:pray:
I pray all of our NJ members are ok because I saw some scary footage on tv.

My husband and I are both off work today due to power outages. We just drove through our neighborhood and there are several tree limbs down as well as trees ripped from the ground everywhere. Damaged houses and crushed cars :( Lots of people without power. Rain continues with strong wind.

Luckily we still have power at home just no TV as the cable is out. I don't remember anything like this before. Schools are closed and they even rescheduled trick or treat.

We're good here in northern VA. HEAVY winds through the night, but no damage in our apartment complex (from what I can see from our windows). My parents lost power for a bit, but they got it back quickly. We're out of school today, but will most likely be back tomorrow (guess I should work on some of that grading today :p ). Sounds like most prayers and concern should be for the folks in NJ and NYC. Doesn't look good at all for them.

Been watching the news all day and night trying to figure out if you are alright. Apparantly someone has been making false tweeter reports, making things even worse. They corrected that on the local news today. The damage is severe enough without that. Hope you who are displaced can get your families and pets home soon. So relieved to hear that everyone although shaken are alright.

Its still raining here...i cant wait to see the sun. But yes NJ and NY are getting the worst of it. Prayers go out to everyone who has been/is being affected. When Isabel came through, we couldnt get to our house for 11 days. So I completely understand what it feels like to be in that situation. I hope the ones that have evacuated can get home soon. Has anyone heard from Brandy since yesterday? Im getting a little worried about her

I don't think Brandy has been on since yesterday. I hope she is okay too!
April, I'm SO glad your house made it through! I'm so glad everyone is okay.
NJ and NY aren't looking too good. My best friends mom is supposed to be flying up on Saturday, but we're not sure if she'll be able to do because of the water.
Hopefully the sun will come out soon! We got snow in the mountains where we are and its COLD here, and still windy.

I sent her a text but have not heard anything back. It could be that cell phone resception is out along with the electricity. Glad that the rest of you are alright. Will post if I hear something.

Brandy's husband just posted on brandys facebook page that they are fine. Didnt lose power or anything. Brandy is resting right now, so thats why she hasnt been on

Latest posts

Back