Horrible abuse case in Michigan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
christinelea1 wrote:
OH wait....
SOME GOOD NEWS!!!
Little FrankieSinatra bunny WAS adopted yesterday!!!!!!
TO A GREAT HOME!!!!!
Hooray for small blessings! :)

I'm sorry the police are not being very helpful. :( It is good that one of them found a home, though. :)

We are making up packages of our wooden bunny toys(see here:http://rackmasters.net/Buns/) with Oxbow Timothy hay and some orchard grass along with the WONDERFUL BOOK Rabbits:Gentle Hearts, Valiant Spirits by Marie Mead.
This package will enclose an original medallion sticker for the Benjamin Franklin Award in the BestNewVoice category for nonfiction from the Independent Book Publishers Association and from Marie:).A DELUXE package will include a beautiful bracelet made by LoriRumpf, one of CritterCafe's wonderful supporters! I will put an image as soon as I can of all-with prices suggested:)
We do need help financially-these should help and I am so excited about this!
My daughter just got through reading the book we had flown into our local library-she read parts to me all yesterday through out doing chores-I was moved to tears over and over again about a rabbits conviction to survive and be heard as the lowest on the food chain-VALIANT SPIRITS is an understatement...
OH God bless our little bunnies!
Thank you for the suggestion to write to Marie:)

I couldn't put the book down. I did write to Marie and she wrote me back.

Glad the one bun got a new loving home. A small victory.

Sorry that the police are being turds about pursing a case against that person. Perhaps writing to your localstate representatives would help. Send them copies of everything. Doesn't hurt.

Here is the information for your local state representative:

State Representative Douglas A. Bennett

Office Address
N1196 House Office Building

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514

Phone: (517) 373-2646
Fax: (517) 373-9646

Toll-Free
(877) 411-DOUG
(877) 411-3684

Email
[email protected]

OK this is ridiculous...the POLICE WILL NOT ANSWER MY CALLS!!!!I am getting a recording AT THE POLICE DEPT main phone line!
I have again for the second time had BOTH the vets send the abuse documentation...I WILL POST THAT HERE IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE IT!
I need CALLS AND LETTERS to get justice for these bunnies!! Captain Lewis is the person "on the case here". That number is 231-724-6750.

The municipal office is closed for the holiday even though the police are on duty. I would suggest calling and writing the state representative whose information I posted above.

I agree about contacting the state rep.

Christine, Can you email or post the vet documentation? I would like to include that in the letter that I write to them.

Thank you pla725 for including the state rep info.
The book RABBITS: GENTLE HEARTS, VALIANT SPIRITS is superb! :yeahthat:

An excellent resource section in the back.

Sending wishes to all the rabbits you help, Christine, because you go above and beyond to get them into responsible human homes.

You guys, I have wanted to and dont know how to post the documents here....I can take a picture of them and put them up that way or I can retype the entire documents..I guess that is what I'll do(my daughter is a fast typer)-I can have her retype it here???...The vets/vets offices will verify their authenticity certainly.
I had(and paid for) a total of 4 documents sent to the police,2 from Dr.Sandra Strandberg,DVM and 2 from FruitportAnimalHospital's Dr.Jeanne Corbett DVM- about the abuse to these bunnies and the physical shape they were in upon their arrival to CCR.
Dr.Sandy saw them within an hour of their drop off:))bless her heart:))....her letters are SO MOVING let me quote her here from her second letter(the police indicate the first documents were not received)...
"Besides the ears being cut with scissors the rabbits were dirty, covered with oil, emaciated and dehydrated. This denotes a history of neglect as well as a horrendous act of outright abuse when the ears were cut".(Quoted directly from Dr.SandraStrandbergDVM- letter to Sgt(Capt)Lewis dated June29, 2009, All Creatures Mobile Veterinary Care.She goes on to say that she finds it hard to believe that police records show "no letters were received" and that "it is APPALLING that although both Dr.s have a total of 16 YEARS combined MEDICAL TRAINING that the Muskegon Police state NO EVIDENCE of abuse occurred in the case of the CCR rabbits, which OVERRIDES THE VETERINARIAN OPINIONS OF BOTH DR.S" QUOTE and UNQUOTE!

In the first letter sent to Cap't Lewis, dated June17,2009- she(Dr.Sandy) states that "IN her professional opinion the rabbits she evaluated at CCR on 6-15-09 was a victim(s) of abuse"....and the smoothness of the edges are not indicative of mutilation by another animal or rabbit"....
There is more o the letters...this is the "bulk" from them....

We are putting together BEAUTIFUL packages of the book, bun toys, a gorgeous bracelet and some treats/hay for YOUR buns....PLease help out and purchase one:))
Please too...I need homes for the little eared bunnies...

Please post a link to purchase the basket. I will cross-post it. You are a blessing to the bunnies! Best of luck from all of us at Gainesville Rabbit Rescue.

christinelea1 wrote:
I LOVE YOU GAINESVILLE RABBIT RESCUE:)
YOU ARE AWESOME to bunnies!

Thank you!

I have read that wonderful book, but don't own my own copy. I can't wait to be able to order my basket. It sounds wonderful. I'm sure all the buns at my house will be happy too.

Patti YOU BUNDERFUL LITTLE SHEXSHY BUNNY LOVING BEAUTY BOTTOM LOVE.....I will let you know as SHOON as possible-we want to make baskets according to "buns in the fam"(-HA)...so if you have 2 bunnies we need to send EACH SOME toys to chew and flip and toss..

AGAIN I see the miracles of this special animal...
YOU KNOW, I SLEEP with a BUN per night.
Little MOCHA LATTE last night:(( oh such a dear.
I was sick- getting fluid in my lungs/coughing and nasally(could not breathe through my nose-well-YUK(....or maybe I was 'getting' sick-something I cannot do here with this much responsibiltiy-geese- I do not have the time...:)
You guys there is NOONE here to help care for though I have volunteers but they are not here 24/7 and the buns need 24 hour care-period) these buns and other animal here.....I cant, CANT GET SICK:p PERIOD!.
Well Little BUN, Mocha...she PRAYED WITH ME:))) for 4 hours...we layed together and we prayed together....and....look, I am NOT sick now...I guess the bottom line is I am not worse but and actually FINE:))
My gosh I love bunnies...
HOLYMOLAR!! I LOVE BUNNIES! I LOVE YOUR BUNNIES AND MINE!:(

Hi Christine -
No need to try to retype the letters! Did you get the PM I sent you last week with my contact info (email)? Can you email them to me so I can contact a few folks? I am also still very available for fostering (although I know I am far away!) Maybe we can do a bunny train?

I think you are SO AMAZING for eveything that you have done for these buns!!!

Oh!! I almost forgot....are there any new pics? I have only seen the pic of the "daddy bun". Do you have pics of the others?

:bunnybutt:

If there is anyone down here who wants to help out I might be able to help with transport. Mike and I want to take a trip to Traverse City sometime soon (which I dont think is too far from Christine). So if I go we could bring a bun or two back this way (Im near Flint).

I wish I could offer some space but its bad timing right now. We're remodeling our lower level which is wear my fosters usually stay (and the garage gets too hot in the summer).

Keep me posted, Christine. Praying for you.

HAY(said the bunny-) I have to say to you all that I am sorry for posting about the Ann person and the Do NOT adopt thingee-I was just so mad at her for making the 2 little buns suffer even one more day let alone 16:((more days.
PLEASE FORGIVE ME....
Tonyshuman took the post off and I am glad of that-it was a thorn in my side every time I looked at it here... well.. and too-it was made from complete ANGER (that the 2 bunnies from the 7 had to go through any more suffering makes me crazy mad)...AND I had the NortonShore Police GO TO HER HOME and physically look at the animals there-they called last night to say all was ok(if you can trust THEIR judgement-i dont know)ANYWAY, PLease accept my sincere apoplogy.

Latest posts

Back