Horrible abuse case in Michigan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tough to get prosecution.

Did any of the babies born survive? How are the adults? Adoptions?

Animal abusers, people who are cruel and inhumane, are despicable.

Christine, I know you may be upset at the babies that died. OTOH, there are so many babies being born in the world, and not enough homes. I would shudder at the thought of every human (man, woman, child) having to adopt 40 rabbits in order for each baby born to have a lifelong home.

You do so much to give them a chance.

Coming from a sanctuary who spends thousands of dollars to help ~

Two BABIES.....2....thats all I have left:((
It looks like they will pull through. They are so cute...Momma is doing well too.
Her fur is completely all pulled out from her nesting:)) but she still is a dollbaby-for all she has been through-my Lord!
I had 2 more boys fixed Thursday and now cant even shower because I have one recovering in my bathtub(helps me keep a closer eye on them)! I still am needing homes...I have too many now and not enough room! All are now fixed except Momma and babies of course.Will post pictures ASAP:))

just spoke again to Prosecutor MattRoberts, case number 09-10415 regarding the 7 CRITTER CAFE BUNNIES brought June 15th w/ears CUT OFF...

Sadly the degree of error for WHO is responsible for cutting the bunnies ears has halted an arrest being made....

BUT DrSandyStrandbergDVM is calling this guy RIGHT NOW to say-OK, let us BYPASS the fact that the ears were cut and the bunnies were "tortured" for PITBUL BAIT-THE BUNNIES WERE STARVED AND DEHYDRATED- SO PLEASE ARREST the previousbunny owners/"guardians" for not properly caring for their pets-because in Michigan that is illegal and called NEGLECT!

Hoping to report to you soon that an arrest WARRANT has been issued!!!

This HEARTFELT post is made:
In and FOR the regard of 7 little Himalayan bunnies and the pain andhurt felt by them-DONE to them...They are now CritterCafe's "little eared" bunnies...
PLEASE SPEAK UP for those that cannot:((

I live in Michigan and would love to take one, but I simply couldn't afford it. We already have 2 rabbits, 3 turtles, countless fish, and four about to be six sugar gliders

:bunnyangel:GOOD LUCK!

Well at least the vet is willing to make sure that someone pays for the neglect of these defenseless bunnies. I hope someone at least pays a fine and restitution to you for all your expenses.

I continue calling prosecutor MattRoberts-did again today....at last word he said he needed to talk to Dr.Sandy-she assured me she HAS called him...I dont know whats the hold up in an arrest for the 7 little bunnies that came.

I now have one little eared bunny left and he is paired with "Momma" bunny(we call them Daddy and Momma) BUT we are OVERWHELMED with pets at this time and still have calls for more-I cannot take not one more pet in now....we still need good bun fosters and adopters(inside only) but I also have cats, guineas, birds-hamsters, rats-what am I missing-we are all species anyway...we actually just adopted out the horse rescued in June:).

Our Petfinder is not UTD(no time), sorry...

Many many fixed buns here though BUT....Right now one of MY bunnies from the first pair of bunniesever surrendered to CCR/recieved (in 2004-The MacADoodles-Sissy&BunnyMac) has been diagnosed and needs an EXTREMELY high risk surgery. I have had a total of 4 vets diagnose-the one in London-a very rabbit savvyvet that looked at Sissy's Xrays, again VERY very rabbit Savvy included agrees about the need for the masses removal-ASAP-and I also found a rabbit savvy vet in GrandRapids OVER my GP vet that I normally use after not being happy with her "diagnoses" of wanting to do "exploratory surgery" the day after the findings and not at least TRY medication therapy to decrease size of the 2 masses PRE surgery... The vet in GrandRapids has refered Sissy to a vet in Kalamazoo named Dr.Bozwell who is suppose to be an excellent surgeon and exotic vet. She is said to have tools other vets do not have and she also has done some miracle surgeries in places like areas of the lungs-that are/havebeen called by other vets literally"miracle-surgeries". My Sissy will be going to remove 2 extremely large masses in her abdomal area ASAP....

PLEASE PLEASE keep Sissy in your prayers.

sissyxray.jpg
" alt="">

This is the image of Sissy's masses...Bunnymac will not fare well without his lovely wife and I will just IMPLODE...if something happens and I loose her...(I am NOT ready to go there and she is JUST 5-6 y.o.) ON A BETTER AND HAPPIER NOTE:)

The GrandRapids BUN rescue-we pulled it off though the Momma had babies again almost to the day of the rescue:(( I have her 3 here from the first litter and she and that Daddy bun went to another MichiganRescue.

Here are some images:)
Copy2ofbabys-1.jpg
[/img]
Copy2ofgrouppicbabybuns2-1.jpg
[/img]
Copy2ofPiperVickisbuny2-1.jpg
[/img]
isterbuny-noseCUT.jpg
" alt="">
Momma.jpg
" alt="">
babybunz.jpg
" alt="">
bun_couple.jpg
" alt="">
In these you will see one of the bunnies that came WITH the "little eared bunnies"-she still has her ears-her nose was CUT OFF(we had the vet stich it back)...This is how she healed-still GORGEOUS A GOD GIVEN BUNNY!!!Also the last picture, the 2 BIG BLACK BUNNIES...that is the "MacADoodles"-Mr.&Mrs. BUNNYMAC AND SISSY back in the day...as younger beauties...

Bunny honey, I'll send you more funds as become available... you know that! My own rescues suck up most of my money. But in your battles for justice for these terribly abused buns.... no limit to my support! Let us know what you need - letter writing, etc. doesn't cost a thing!!

If I could only send you an extra pair of hands...

OMG, as soon as I get some money, I'm going to try and donate! Christine, you must be some kind of angel to do so much for those buns, even though you already have so many. You should get a medal or something!

Hay SAID THE BUNNY;FEED ME PLENTY!! We have new pictures of the MacADoodles:)) Sissy is still hanging in there-9 DAYS after a very high risk surgery... THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!! THEY WORK please knoe you bunloves!! GOD DOES HEAR about our little bunnies-of that I am sure!!! God has Sissy STILL here for her hubby BunnyMac who was running in CIRCLES and sadly continueally THUMPING when SissyMac was just gone for Xrays! He was tryng to attack all the other buns in the pens surounding his...oh it was so sad- he was just in total hysteria....THUMP and a circle THUMP THUMP and another circle-ears back THUMP and a lUNG- OH MY GOSH it broke my heart;it was awful to see him like this. Well, needless to say- he went WITH his wife Sissy to have her high risk and so scary much needed surgery:)as stated in earlier posts..
Picture205.jpg
Picture216.jpg

Picture230.jpg

I have more pictures of them NOW to share:(Please know Sissy is down over 2.3 pounds-the masses were 1 pound...This is BunnyMac & Sissy MacADoodle recently-The MacA Doodles, since marrige in 2004.
Picture201.jpg

BundergroundRailRoads' DeniseDonivan is RIGHT NOW working on flying a pair to you...Can you or would you be able to share airfair with me??

:( Sorry

Well we paid to fix them (usually ask for that back in adopt fee but we are sooo behind for getting buns in homes here)and of course I want them in GOOD home;Please let me know...I am looking into the cost right now!

I am so sorry to hear about these bunnies. I can't afford to adopt right now but I would be happy to foster. I'm in Wisconsin but if the bunnies can be gotten to me or within a few hours of me I would give them a home as long as they needed it. I have one vet less than a mile from me who can care for little things and then I live about an hour from the UW-Madison veterinary school and they are always open to taking on rabbit care if there is something my local vet can't handle.

Latest posts

Back