Horrible abuse case in Michigan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching this thread and just wanted to say thank you so much for all you are doing to help these poor buns. Wish there were more people in the world like you and less like the people who did this to these precious bunnies.

I hope they all find loving forever homes very soon :pray:

hey so how are the foster homes for some of these guys comming?

just wanted to get an update. see how that aspect is going.

let me know if you need anything. your doing a great job already

More images up and coming....though NONE will be any different-you will need a box of Kleenex-
The article that the MuskegonChronicle gal is doing is NOT in today's paper...maybe tomorrow?

I have 2 that are at a potential forever home...Once I can get over there to SEE how their care is coming along...5 still herefrom the PineStreet7 along with the about 30 other rescue buns from the Fremont40 rescue and too many others to list.

I hope more humans will add their comments. The Muskegon police should look up the definition of abuse.

Humans are very cruel and cruel humans will keep on inflicting pain and abuse.

I wonder if German Shepherds, Lassie dogs and Labrador puppies, and/or kitties and cats were found with their ears sliced off, would anyone take a picture and take action against the individual who did so?

The third-most surrendered pet at shelters across the country should have humane rights, As every living being should have humane rights and protection.

When I was in Macomb County, Michigan, last year, I reported a neglect case for a pet store. The police officers on the phone told me that it "wasn't their problem" and to call the humane society. The humane society told me to call the police. *sigh* Talk about not knowing your job description.

I can foster one of the earless buns if Wisconsin isn't too far away. I could probably drive down to Chicago or the Indiana border for pick up, if needed.

:censored2:I am in tears! This is horrible!! How on earth could someone do this to a defenseless animal?!?!?! It absolutley sickens me!! Those poor bunnies..all that pain they must have went through..:cry1:and the cop says its not abuse?!?!?? How could it be anything else?? I want to thank you for doing all that your doing to help these bunnies..not alot of people would go as far as you are to get justice for them..and for that I'd personally like to thank you!

On another note...I am supposed to be moving here in a few weeks to GardenCity Michigan ( I am currently in Wyandotte Michigan ) after I have moved and have everything settled in I would be absolutley honored to give one of the earless bunnies a forever home ( maybe even a pair if they are bonded )..at the moment my place is kinda small so with 3kids 2 bunnies and a cat, adding another animal at thistime would be impossible..but when I move and if I'm found to be suitable I would love to give one of them a home with lots of love and no abuse for the rest of their bunny lives..Please let me know what I would have to do in order to do this so I can start the process and hopefully have everything taken care of by the time I move soonecanhave theirnew home asap..just so you know both my rabbits are indoor rabbits as well as my cat and if I am able to adopt one of the bunnies they will also be indoor...Thanks again and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get justice for them..

KoReY

The question is not "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather,"Can they suffer?"

LuvMyRabbits wrote:
:censored2:I am in tears! This is horrible!! How on earth could someone do this to a defenseless animal?!?!?! It absolutley sickens me!! Those poor bunnies..all that pain they must have went through..:cry1:and the cop says its not abuse?!?!?? How could it be anything else?? I want to thank you for doing all that your doing to help these bunnies..not alot of people would go as far as you are to get justice for them..and for that I'd personally like to thank you!

On another note...I am supposed to be moving here in a few weeks to GardenCity Michigan ( I am currently in Wyandotte Michigan ) after I have moved and have everything settled in I would be absolutley honored to give one of the earless bunnies a forever home ( maybe even a pair if they are bonded )..at the moment my place is kinda small so with 3kids 2 bunnies and a cat, adding another animal at thistime would be impossible..but when I move and if I'm found to be suitable I would love to give one of them a home with lots of love and no abuse for the rest of their bunny lives..Please let me know what I would have to do in order to do this so I can start the process and hopefully have everything taken care of by the time I move soonecanhave theirnew home asap..just so you know both my rabbits are indoor rabbits as well as my cat and if I am able to adopt one of the bunnies they will also be indoor...Thanks again and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get justice for them..

KoReY

The question is not "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather,"Can they suffer?"
^ ditto.

Hello everyone,
First, I'd like to say a sincere thank you to critter cafe for everything you are doing for these poor bunnies.

Second, I have been in tears reading this post, and am just completely horrified by the abuser and the incompetance of the police in dealing with this case.

Third, I would love to offer help! I am currently volunteering with Midwest Rabbit Rescue & Re-home. We are based in Plymouth, MI. I am willing to foster or adopt!
I have one nutered male bunny at home now and have been looking for a female comanion for him for a couple of months now!

I know I am a bit out of the way, but I would be happy to work something out.

I will send you a PM with my contact info.

Sarah

Well-I went and PICKED UP the other 2 bunnies at the lady's house that wanted to help-remember here my post saying I had to homecheck BEFORE ok'ing her adoption...
What a PIECE OF CRAP....
I knew something was up when they did not show up to be spayed last Thursday!
She just had to put these 2 through 16 more days of HELL!!!!
They are alive....but have gained no weight....they are scared to death.
Right now I am so frustrated!
The cops are still saying they dont see signs of abuse...
A lady wrote into our local paper last night saying maybe the Captain (Lewis)at our police Dept here that didnt see signs of abuse would like his freakin ears cut off?
Anyway....
Our vet had to have emerg. surgery herself last week. I am struggling with trusting another vet to do my last 2 bunnies surgeries.....they will get done though...all the females have been pregnant. And with a world like this....and only a handful of good bun owners...I will not bring anymore INTO this place!
Gotta talk to our "mobile vet" that comes here...I had to have all reports AGAIN faxed into police station...Dr.Sandy's report will also state the dehydration/emaciation of the bunnies-she saw them right away upon arrival. Of course I went into Critical Care mode-Dr.Corbett saw them in the following days-I had all but reversed the major dehydration in that time...and all the bunnies ate willingly-the very best veges watered down, pellets, several kinds of hays and orchard grass over the days and night too....plus CriticalCare.She noted the "amputation" of the ears and gee-one would think that was enough but its not I guess.
Ok, well...
The MUSKEGON MICHIGAN POLICE may not do anything.
Letters can be sent to our papers here-to the editor about what YOU have to say regarding these bunnies...Follow the above links to do that.
Maybe someone has the time to list the prosecutors address here too....
Write letters for these bunnies???
I dont know...I am frazzled and need to take care of the many here now...

Latest posts

Back