HEAD TILT GETTING WORSE!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the steroids are to bring down the inflammation in the brain and head. So check her in the morning and see if her bulging eye seems any better.

I would call your vet office tomorrow morning and see if you can come pick up some critical care, unless the mashed pellets seems to be working ok for you.

I really hope the steroids improve matters! my bunns and I will be thinking happy thoughts for your bunny tonight :)

JBun wrote:
I think the steroids are to bring down the inflammation in the brain and head. So check her in the morning and see if her bulging eye seems any better.

I would call your vet office tomorrow morning and see if you can come pick up some critical care, unless the mashed pellets seems to be working ok for you.

My vet doesn't have any on hand and neither do any of the few vets I called around for. I will try again tomorrow. The pellets are okay for the moment. She is getting fluids too now so I think as long as the steroids help we are all good. Hopefully.... :pray:

I've been reading though all of this, and I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this! I'm so sorry for your poor adorable bun.
I don't have much to add, other than my bun and I are sending good thoughts to you and yours.

I don't know anything about treating head tilt or anything you're dealing with. But I know when other animals take steroids and when people take steroids, it causes increased thirst. I don't know if your vet told you that(she probably did) but, thats something to keep in mind, if the same applies to bunnies(it may not)

I think that you're doing the absolute best you can do for your poor little bun. Keep up the good work and the kind heart. Again, my thoughts and best wishes are with you!

How's she doing this morning?

I know when Jelly had tilt, the vet told us we would not do steriods unless the rolling got SUPER bad. This leads me to believe it could help with that. ? I'm not sure.

Pryaing for both your bun and you. I'll never forget going through the same thing with my bunny and how difficult that was.

All else I can say-Keep her hydrated, keep food in her tummy, keep her warm and don't let her roll too much (if she's rolling which I thought you'd said she was).

Nevermind, I just read that you said she isn't rolling anymore. I'd think that's a good sign-maybe the Panacur is helping? That is one of the toughest parts as you have to keep them from getting injured.

She is still the same this morning. She is still eating hay when it is next to her but she is still laying down. I can't really tell if the bulging eye went down or not, I think maybe a little. She had some mashed pellets and hay so far today. Going to call the vet to see if blood work came in yet, but I doubt it because they said they would call. Thank you for the prayers. :) :pray: :expressionless :(

I'm glad she's eating today. I was thinking that maybe she's laying down so much because it makes her feel dizzy when she stands up. So maybe it just makes her feel a little better to be laying down.

JBun wrote:
I'm glad she's eating today. I was thinking that maybe she's laying down so much because it makes her feel dizzy when she stands up. So maybe it just makes her feel a little better to be laying down.

I am actually starting to think she might be slightly paralyzed and that is why she lays down, I guess it is something that can happen with the head tilt, but as I said yesterday I feel that something is wrong with her right side. The blood results are in, but the vet is in surgery so I am awaiting his call. He is taking forever the suspense is killing me! All I know is they want to retest her again in two weeks. I don't know if she will even improve by then, I don't want her to be laying down for weeks. Plus the test is $182 which will bring the grand total to almost $800. Hopefully the second shot will give her body the kick it needs. I have to give her fluids again later today and I hate doing it the needle is sooo big I feel so bad. Will update as soo. As I get the call from the vet. Thanks again. :expressionless

Imbrium wrote:
nag the hell out of them until they put a rush on it just to get rid of you! :p

Believe me I tried. I call everyday twice a day, but unfortunately it's is the lab that needs to be nagged not the vet clinic. Everyone over there is as Anxious as me. All I do when I call is ask if the results are in for my rabbit and they know it is for True.

The results are in though, I am just awaiting a call from the vet himself. So prolonging this whole thing even more now ugh. :expressionless

When you say the one side seems paralyzed, what do you mean? Jelly had one side of her face kind of pulled up funny when she had tilt. I think it was caused by nerve damage in the inner ear, as we ended up thinking it was most probable that the tilt was caused by an ear infection.

The vet is still in surgery. Once he is done he has to look over everything to familiarize himself with the case then he will call. So I am guessing in a few hours :/.

Basically her right side seems a bit stiff, she is able to move the foot a bit so there is movement but she is stiff, while the other side doesn't seem as bad. She won't even stand if I put her in the right position she just keels over. :?

darn it! I saw you'd posted and was thinking it was the test results, lol. I'm headed to bed soon but was really hoping to hear what the results were!

Latest posts

Back