HEAD TILT GETTING WORSE!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your story has brought me to tears. My heart goes out to you. I am so very sorry for your loss. You did the right thing to help her find peace and to stay with her. Bless your heart.

Binkie Free, Sweet True!!!
:rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris:

Oh dear, I was thinking about True all day. I'm am so sorry she wasn't able to make a recovery from this-Head tilt is such a terrible thing.

Though putting a bunny like this to sleep is a horrible decision to have to make :tears2:, I think you did the right thing; when they're that sick, you've gotta look at their quality of life. You did a fantastic job caring for her while she was sick and giving her lots of love.

Binky Free True! I know you were very loved and will be very missed. :rainbow::pink iris::rip:

I just read through all of this... I'm so sorry about True. I can tell you really loved her and as hard as the decision must have been to make, I think you did the right thing. We're all here for you if you ever need anything.

Binky free, True! :rainbow:

bri13194 wrote:
She does not eat or drink well at all as of right now. As much as I want to keep trying, I can't for the sake of her well being. As much as it kills me to make the decision I am relieved to know that tomorrow all her pain and suffering will finally be over. She is so lifeless right now I am not even sure she will make it till morning. My decision is firm. I will not be continuing treatment.

I just want everyone to know I tried as hard as I could to fight for her and she tried her hardest to keep holding on. I love her so much and that is why I have made this final decision for her, I made it out of love. I will let everyone know what happens tomorrow. Thanks everyone so much for everything. :pray: :tears2: :( :expressionless :hearts
--my most sincere condolences with true,-you are a very caring mom-and we all at some time have to make decisions that involve quality of life,-i had to with my own father--please continue in her memory,--sincerely james waller--:innocent:pray:

We are so so sorry to hear about True
We have beem following this thread and hoping every day that she was going to get better and hoping for a good post here about True.
You are showing her love with the decision you made based on her quality of life. Just know that she is happy and understands why you had to make this decision. She is probably thanking you
We know that it will be hard and a long healing process but wish you will and you will be in our thoughts. As will True
Ninky free lil girl and be happy and pain free now!!

My 8 years old male bunny suffers from mild head tilt.Head tilt to bunnies can be associated with a ton of things you don't know.It can be due to ear infections,germs,bacteria,stroke or even cancer.It's a very complicated circumstance but thankfully it doesn't always mean death.Abundant bunnies learn to live with this and although it might look too brutal the only problem is for the owner to accept it.Bunnies are cut out for a hard life, they will always be the prey of most animals
this is why they are lil'fighters.
From what you say it sound like an ear problem and lucky you those are the most treatable situations when it comes to head tilt.Usually blood test can be helpful but still too expensive. We couldn't af..d one for our baby boy so we have him on panacur paste.We currently stopped giving himcortisone via water.And the vet gave him his. third cortisone injection unfortunately he might have something incurable (not germ or bacteria).In that care we can stabilize his condition with cortisone.It can take time but as long as it can eat,drink and clean itself it will be better than you think.Stumbling and falling on one sideT is usual for such decease.Mine does it a lot.One great thing to do is get him out to run on soil.It surerly has a huge pact on them.We were afraid to get him in our garden.But when we did he instantly became better when it comes to stability.Take care and be patient.

Latest posts

Back