Greetings from Ohio!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllisonBeth

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a new member and I am excited to learn from all of you! I have had numerous rabbits in the past of different breeds and am planning to get back into the swing of things this spring. I will be welcoming a new trio to my little hobby farm. I plan to handle and care for them as pets, but also breed them to sell as pets or 4H bunnies maybe once or twice a year. My main reason is to keep them as spoiled pets with a secondary reason as a breeding hobby.

At the moment I am mulling over Holland Lops because of their popularity as a pets in addition to 4H projects. I have a 180 sq ft space for them including climate moderated indoor and Fort Knox protected outdoor run.

I would LOVE any advice on what breeds are nice for a first time *purposeful* breeder (not first time actual breeder :rolleyes:) that would like to sell as pets and 4h on a VERY small scale.

Nice to meet you all!!!

Allison

Welcome to the forum! I would love to see pictures of your trio!

I would love to see them too! lol I haven't gotten them yet because I'm still finalizing my breed decision :) Do you have any advice? Any great breeds out there that can be purchased at a decent price, but will quickly?

I would love to see them too! lol I haven't gotten them yet because I'm still finalizing my breed decision
Lol!
Do you have any advice? Any great breeds out there that can be purchased at a decent price, but will quickly?
I personally love Mini Rexes! They are cute, can be cuddly, and are SUPER soft. I like the look of the Lionhead and Flemish Giant, but I have never owned one before.

Personally I wouldn't breed rabbits. There's already an overpopulation of bunnies and many are being abandoned. If you do breed rabbits, make sure you have good homes set up for them with people that you know won't reject the bunnies once they realize that they are a lot of work. :)

Back