Gimli and Niobe's photo thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to add that we have a new (possibly) Niobe II ! She is a purebred English Angora who along with her 2 littermates will probably be kept as "woolers" for spinning wool.

The fourth one in the pic., the grayish one , is Melange's one and only kit. I had NOT planned to breed Melange --our French Angora -- to my French A. buck, they were in a double hutch divided by a wooden partition. Somehow, Melange squeezed her way over the top of said partition and the result 30 days later was 1 baby. The hutch has since been repaired and Melange was moved to her own dwelling. The French Angora buck, "Subdued" , is now living next to an English Angora buck.

The photo quality is bad due to the fact that batteries were running low and I'm "photography-challenged". :(

The new Niobe 2 may be the chocolate baby , if it's a doe.

I forgot to mention that Beatrix passed away a few days ago in 100-degree heat. All of my outdoor buns have had ice water bottles in their hutches for the last week....plus their hutches are in shade. She seemed to be o.k., and her nose wasn't wet/moist , in the morning; but by 11:00 a.m. she was gone.

I will miss Beatrix, as she and I have been through alot in her short life. From almost giving her back to her breeder b/c she was a biter at first; to her last litter this year (4 lovely kits from my Netherland dwarf herd buck ) ; she had changed to a gentle doe who liked treats and nose rubs. Again, I miss you, Beatrix...you were my friend. :rainbow:

Kadish Tolesa

Here's a brother and sister pedigreed English angora pair. We hope to have a small herd of "woolers" as I'm planning to learn the art of spinning. I was thinking 8 or 9 angoras total. We have 3 French angora adults and 2 Eng. angoras.

These 2 babies are what is left from a litter of 3. The broken blue developed a paralyzed back end and perished . I'm not sure why that happened, they are still nursing and sharing their mom's pelleted feed and timothy hay.

The tort buck is Heath and the chocolate doe is Valrhona . :brownbunny Our first chocolate rabbit ! Their wool is completely different than the angoras I first saw while in school. It's almost non-matting and not at all "cottony" ; yet still long and gorgeous.

Kadish :bunnydance:

So sorry, FT38 ! That's our Chocolate French angora senior doe ! I'd forgotten about her. The sire of these Eng. angora kits is a broken chocolate .

This is one more pic. of the Eng. kits, along with an accidental kit from a lionhead and a mini-rex. ( loooonnnng story )

Oooooh they are so beautiful! They almost make me want to run out and get myself an angora, lol! Actually, I don't know if I'm up for that much grooming. I do know a lady who regularly takes her two giant angoras to a local dog groomer for haircuts, though. I always see her walking them on the sidewalk on her way, with the two bunnies tagging along behind on their leashes. SO cute.

Oh yeah, if you upload your pictures online to photobucket (the site I use) you can post as many pictures (well, within reason) as you want in one picture. I read about your frustration above.

Short update. Gimli andEpoch are well. We sold most of our angoras to another breeder who isjust getting started. Gimli says " Good !! Now you can spendmore time with me !"

Melange is well, too. She sends kisses and hugs.

I'll try to post photos soon. I know, I know, :waiting: roll eyes, ect.

K.T.:D

Wow so cute!

Latest posts

Back