Gimli and Niobe's photo thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry my holland lop was givingthe butt to all.....here's another pic. that shows her "bulldoggy"profile. She is sort of like a dog with her habits, i.e.,grunting, digging her woody pet out onto the floor, andflopping on her side when lying down.

This is poor, devoted mother Beatrix...proud mom of 5 F1 lionhead hybrids.

They are bigger now and sometimes chase her around thecage looking for nourishment. Her tummy hair is starting to grow backnow--- she's a compact, cobby little Nethie. When we first bought her,she liked to put on a tough girl act and would protect her cage bynipping . Later that first summer, I carried her around all over theyard and sit with her a little in the outdoor pen. Now, she's a sweetiewho'll come up to you for a head/nose rub !

This is a pic. of my mini-rex's litter. Notice the peanut or dwarf is alive and wiggling :).

I'm hoping to show the other 2 babies , as well as the mom and dad this summer.

Kadish Tolesa :D

One more pic. of the mini-rex's litter.

BTW, has anyone heard of human immersion method ofraising kits ? ( you carry them around close to your skin all day i.e.,a pouch around your neck, or whatever is comfortable for the babies ;then let them be with mom at bedtime.) It'ssupposed to make the bunnies extremely gentle. Haven't triedit myself yet.

K.T.:)

Here's 38GP now christened " Melange" after the spice on Arrakis (sp?) in the "Dune" books by Frank Herbert. I suppose we'll have to come up with an Atreides and Harkonnennow.

Melange is like a friendly puppy and hops frantically when we walk by her hutch. She loves to beheld.

Kadish Tolesa :)

I put this topic off for a while today because I wasn't sure what to do about it ; also I didn't want to offend anyone.

Well, here goes....Earlier today I was moving the rabbit's playpen around outside. We have a large wooden pallet that they play on/hide in , and it has a box shelter built on top for days when it rains. I was moving this pallet and dropped it by accident on Epoch, and broke his leg at the "ankle" , just where his foot meets his leg. I've cried about this and already called a vet. I don't know what the cost is yet, but the vet has an opening tomorrow morning.

Epoch hasn't whimpered or anything to indicate stress, and was currently hopping around with the broken ankle/foot held up. He's eating and still moving fast enough that it was hard to catch him.

My husband feels that we may need to have Epoch put down.

This is hard to talk about since Epoch is still a sweet little fellow and I was hoping he would have a long life with us. I was so dumb and careless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kadish Tolesa

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Epoch. Hopefully the vet can fix him up to make a full recovery. I'm glad he doesn't sound like he's in too much pain. Let us know what the vet says.

PS. Please don't beat yourself up. It was an accident.

jordiwes wrote:
PS. Please don't beat yourself up. It was an accident.
:yeahthat

It was an accident. Nobody's going to blame you for that. I've been there myself.:?

I hope he's going to be okay. Do you have a good rabbit vet? Some vets that don't work with rabbits much might be too willing to assume he can't learn to cope with a broken leg, or even an amputated leg when necessary. A lot of rabbits actually cope really well with proper treatment. If I remember right you're a ways away from me in Sheboygan, but if you need a second opinion you could try my vet or call the Wisconsin HRS and see if they know anybody closer to you.

:hug2

These things happen :hug2

:pray: for your little guy. I have known quite a few rabbits to live with fractured and disabled limbs, and with good quality of life :)

Thanks everyone for your concern!! His foot can be removed, but the way it's broken, if left alone will atrophy and possibly cause an infection. The vet said Epoch can stay overnight for observation.

Both my husband and my oldest son are attached to Epoch for his cuteness and willingness to "wash" people's hands with his tongue . :kiss:

Epoch says he loves his family and forum friends ; and will try to make a speedy recovery ! He is still eating and hopping around. and acts as if it doesn't hurt. :?

Will keep everyone updated :).

Kadish Tolesa :bunnydance:

Just popped in for a moment before heading off to bed..... Epoch is doing very well and says "thank you everyone for your concern".

He's as spirited and lively as ever ; I need to help him clean both ears as they get a little dusty ! :D He has ruined so many of my shirt collars by chewing through them......... once I wore an Epoch-tattered shirt to the gas station w/o realizing it, until I got back home and my son pointed out the hole in the neckline. :? ( Epoch says :bunnydance: )

This little guy has a "forever" home with us :).

Kadish Tolesa :sunshine:

Trying to multiple-post , we'll see. The hutch is in the process of being remodeled ; we turned an indoor hutch upside down and put hardware cloth on the floor.

I'ts a long story, but the hutch was bought as an upright 3-section piece, we are trying to change it so it can be used outdoors.

Latest posts

Back