Gainesville Rabbit Rescue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you may remember my posting a few months ago about Penuche, a rabbit that we rescued that had a horrible case of ear mites. Well Penuche just made the cover of Critter Magazine!!! His story is on page 3 right under the table of contents. Check it out!

Another picture of our adorable Penuche:

24195_1414541047348_1347211510_1147726_8308724_n.jpg

Poopsie was so hilarous this morning. I've been witholding greens because she was having some mushy poops. This morning when I was serving the other buns their salads, Poopsie started thumping at me! I gave in and gave her a few sprigs of parsley.

:pullhair:We just got a call from the shelter. They have a rabbit that just had 7 babies and have to be transferred to rescue. We are so full and have to figure out where to put them. I know it's only 10:00 in the morning, but I think I need to start happy hour early.

The good news is that we found a foster home for mama and the babies. The bad news is that it's two hours away from us. Now just need to arrange for transport. I usually do transports, but have events both Saturday and Sunday.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I enjoy sharing all of the precious bunnies that are lucky enough to find their way to us, so I thought I would start this blog to keep everyone updated on our activities. If anyone sees a rabbit that they may be interested in adopting, please let me know.
I'm glad you started a blog :)

slavetoabunny wrote:
The good news is that we found a foster home for mama and the babies.  The bad news is that it's two hours away from us.  Now just need to arrange for transport.  I usually do transports, but have events both Saturday and Sunday.

Two hours which direction?:biggrin2:

Poopsie was finally well enough to return to her foster mom. I drove her home on Thursday and then picked up Star. Star needed a spay and her foster mom lives around 1 1/2 hours from the vet. Star was spayed on Friday and will stay here until sometime next week.

I was told that she was aggressive, but I just don't see it. She has never so much as lunged at me. The first night I had her, I clipped her nails and she just laid there. She is a total snuggle-bug too!

Star had a slow recovery from her spay. Up until this morning, I was having to CC her. Finally, this afternoon, I caught her eating hay and she has been far more alert and active. We even have binkies! It's hard to tell from the photos, but she has the most beautiful pale blue eyes.

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

slavetoabunny wrote:
:pullhair:We just got a call from the shelter. They have a rabbit that just had 7 babies and have to be transferred to rescue. We are so full and have to figure out where to put them. I know it's only 10:00 in the morning, but I think I need to start happy hour early.
I just heard that one of the babies passed away and there is one more that isn't doing well. Poor babies, but I guess you have to expect that with large litters. The rest seem to be doing well.

Back