Gainesville Rabbit Rescue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
I enjoy sharing all of the precious bunnies that are lucky enough to find their way to us, so I thought I would start this blog to keep everyone updated on our activities. If anyone sees a rabbit that they may be interested in adopting, please let me know.

These are pictures of two rabbits that we pulled from the same shelter that we got all the babies from. These poor rabbits have the worst case of scabies that our vet has seen on a rabbit. Scabies is transferable to humans, so their foster mom has to "gown up" in a plastic trash bag and wear gloves while administering meds. They are also severely malnourished. Fortunately, they are now safe with GRR and will be lovingly nursed back to health and be put up for adoption.

27257_107622205933894_100000583440951_140387_2202505_n.jpg

27257_107622612600520_100000583440951_140390_1496937_n.jpg

27257_107622452600536_100000583440951_140389_7437177_n.jpg

The pictures do not do the severity of their condition justice.

Poor buns, they are so lucky to have been saved by GRR!!! I can't wait to follow your blog and watch buns find new homes.

Meet Poopsie.I am currently bunnysitting for Poopsie for another foster, who is on vacation. Poopsie is a 6 month old female, recently spayed. She is such a delightful rabbit! She is so well-behaved and easy to handle. She even let me trim the fur around her pooper (had some matted feces) without moving. Poopsie is excellent with her litterbox and very tidy in her cage. She is so much fun when she comes out for playtime; running, binking, playing with toys, etc. She is also a great cuddler and you never have to chase her to pick her up. I LOVE this rabbit!!!

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

Oh those poor bunny's. I just want to pick them up and love them.

All the buns are adorable. I love the pic Tinkerbelle with her bow. Really wants to make me put a bow in my Lionheads hair. But I think she would have me for a long time.

I added the rescue to my Facebook.

ETA: Just wanted to say I love the idea of you adding a blog for the resuce. We can never see to many bun pictures and you never know who will fall in love with one.

:p Oh my godness, she is soo adorable, especially with that little pink bow in her hair:biggrin2: I wish i could have her, hope she finds a deserving forever home;)

How are all the babies doing? Did they get their toys?

Kat:bunnydance:

Well my week of bunsitting Poopsie has turned into a nursing assignment. Poopsie was eating her greens, but no pellets and little hay and her poops were big piles of mush. I took her to the vet yesterday and she had a big molar spur, which they trimmed. They also tested her poops and didn't find any parasites and ruled out any blockages. The vet said that the mushy poops may be due to her not getting enough fiber (not eating her pellets and hay). Today, she is still not eating so I am syringing her Critical Care 3x per day and giving her some metacam. She is drinking, so I don't have to give fluids. Fortunately, she is a very easy rabbit to force-feed and I get most of it in her. She has been taking 3-4 3ml syringes per feeding. Poopsie is out for playtime right now and running around just fine.

Poopsie foster mom is supposed to pick her up today or tomorrow. I am going to suggest letting her stay here until she is back on her feet, since the fosterer is new to bunnies and doesn't have any experience in feeding Critical Care. Also, Poopsie may have to go back to the vet Monday and the fosterer lives 30 miles away.

Just another day in rescue!! Please keep Poopsie in your thoughts.

I thought Poopsie was turning the corner. She ate pellets last night and polished off all the hay in her box. Since, I fed her this morning she hasn't touched any of her pellets or the new hay I put out.

I fed her Critical Care again and also another dose of Metacam. The Metacam seems to really help. I wonder if her mouth is still hurting her. Poopsie is still pooping, but it's mushy. If she isn't better by Monday she will go back to the vet.

Latest posts

Back