Gainesville Rabbit Rescue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest GRR news is that beautiful little Star has had a "trial" adoption. She went home with a handsome little dwarf named Shadow. Shadow's mom and dad wanted to make sure that they will bond before finalizing the adoption. Keep your paws crossed. This would be a wonderful home for her with an older, retired couple.

IMG_2600.jpg

This is Olivia, who will be with me until Tuesday, when her foster mom can take her:

DSCN0109.jpg

DSCN0108.jpg

My emergency pen won't stay empty long. We have a rabbit that was adopted out in February that is coming back into rescue. Same old "no time for the rabbit" excuse. I mean, really, didn't you know you didn't have time 3 months ago when you adopted? It never ends.

Aww, Thanks for the update Patti, I hope that this home is Star's forever home :)

Looks like Olivia is another looker!

What's with people giving up their pets because they "don't have time"? I don't spend tons of time with everyone of my pets but they are loved, fed, clean and safe.

You are really tempting me....I'm just not so sure the hubby will agree to another bunny :expressionless

:bunnyheart good luck to snowball - im sure she will have them wrapped around her pretty paws!

and as for the people who adopted a bunny only to find they had no time for her:tantrum::soapbox

So is Snowball the bunny who was returned? It's great that she is so patient and doesn't mind all the people. Looks like you guys were a big hit! I bet they can't wait for you to come back :)

luvthempigs wrote:
So is Snowball the bunny who was returned? It's great that she is so patient and doesn't mind all the people. Looks like you guys were a big hit! I bet they can't wait for you to come back :)

No, I've had Snowball for 2 years now. I get the "returned bunny" tomorrow. I've never met him before.

When I first got Snowball, she was starring in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". LOL! You may be too young to remember that. She was incredibly vicious. Once, she gave me a free eyebrow piercing. Just shows what love and attention can accomplish. Today, Snowball is the most lovable bunny that ever hopped the face of the earth.

We loved our nursing home visit today and can't wait to return. There was one male resident that was sitting on a bench alone and seemed extremely despondent. He really perked up and gave HUGE smiles when Snowball visited him. I can't wait until our next visit. Nursing homes seem so depressing and I am thrilled to bring a moment of joy into their lives.

:) well done snowball and well done you. those are some lovely pics that speak volumes. i really find it hard to believe that this beautiful bunny was anything like the bun in 'holy grail'!! im glad you are both returning to the nursing home. what a bunderful thing to do:)

Here is the new kid on the block. Pancake is the rabbit that was returned to rescue by the person who adopted her 3 months ago who decided that she "didn't have time for her." She is such a little cutie! She will be spayed on Tuesday. I need to ask the vet for an opinion on her weight because she feels a bit thin to me.

IMG_2638-1.jpg

IMG_2636-1.jpg

IMG_2640-1.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

Poor Pancake being returned... :( She's a little cutie too. She is living the good life now though!
I hope all goes well with her spay so she can find a loving permanent home.

Very cute bunny indeed :biggrin2:

Look at the bright side,atleast she gave her back to the rescue instead of leaving her to rot in a cage or something even worse :(

The rescue doesn't have the buns spayed/neutered before they go to their new homes?

luvthempigs wrote:
The rescue doesn't have the buns spayed/neutered before they go to their new homes?
Yes, we do. However, Pancake was too young to be spayed when she went to this home. It was when we contacted the adopter to get her spayed now that she is old enough, we were asked to take her back. Pancake was one of the many babies we took in earlier this year from the shelter that inadvertantly allowed their rabbits to breed.

slavetoabunny wrote:
luvthempigs wrote:
Yes, we do.  However, Pancake was too young to be spayed when she went to this home.  It was when we contacted the adopter to get her spayed now that she is old enough, we were asked to take her back.  Pancake was one of the many babies we took in earlier this year from the shelter that inadvertantly allowed their rabbits to breed.

Oh poor baby hhhmmmmm can I get rid of my bed and drive to Florida drive back and live on the couch for the next 10 to 15 years LOL then hopefully bond her to Storm and Jessi.

I wish LOL I don't need another one.

Back